It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Finally Getting It Right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
as long as criminals aren't punished for crimes, this will continue. It's really simple, and it's quite sad that it's not widely understood. But when the left finally has enough, and is ready to ask, why does this keep happening, and they are willing to accept the answer (which is, you are an idiot and you keep voting this way, then complain, stop being an idiot and vote differently) the solution will be easily seen and understood.

If you are happy with high crime, don't change a thing.
edit on 17-10-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElitePlebeian
Data is too simplistic. I kinda agree with Mahogany, except for the part where he draws the conclusion that theyre doing fine, you really dont know; if only the mayor ratio is taken into account the data is as expected and Republican mayors and Dems are doing just as bad.

But to really draw conclusions you would need city size, unemployment rate/ poverty rate/avarage income, murder/crime rate and the budget of the city to tackle problems. Amongst others...

BINGO.

And when people talk about black communities having high crime, that's one thing they often overlook.
Some of it is cultural, but some of it is due to having few decent, suitable jobs, and because during Jim Crow
those communities were totally separate from white run industry, and the CIA literally injected drugs to destabilize and cause crime so they could lock em up. Now drugs are still a major factor driving criminal lifestyles in those areas.
Hell, my city is pretty low crime rate, and is only about 3% black. The blacks here are not the ones getting arrested.
It's mostly the white tweakers and junkies who commit crimes where I live, save the occasional DUI.
It also seems like drugs are the backbone of gang culture.
Maybe we need more and cheaper rehab facilities, and find a way to bring manufacturing back to those areas.

edit on 17-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

edit on 17-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Until people are willing to admit those communities are set up like they are on purpose, and the opportunities are limited on purpose, nothing will change.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard

originally posted by: ElitePlebeian
Data is too simplistic. I kinda agree with Mahogany, except for the part where he draws the conclusion that theyre doing fine, you really dont know; if only the mayor ratio is taken into account the data is as expected and Republican mayors and Dems are doing just as bad.

But to really draw conclusions you would need city size, unemployment rate/ poverty rate/avarage income, murder/crime rate and the budget of the city to tackle problems. Amongst others...

BINGO.

And when people talk about black communities having high crime, that's one thing they often overlook.
Some of it is cultural, but some of it is due to having few decent, suitable jobs, and because during Jim Crow
those communities were totally separate from white run industry, and the CIA literally injected drugs to destabilize and cause crime so they could lock em up. Now drugs are still a major factor driving criminal lifestyles in those areas.
Hell, my city is pretty low crime rate, and is only about 3% black. The blacks here are not the ones getting arrested.
It's mostly the white tweakers and junkies who commit crimes where I live, save the occasional DUI.
It also seems like drugs are the backbone of gang culture.
Maybe we need more and cheaper rehab facilities, and find a way to bring manufacturing back to those areas.

I do think there is a significant difference between a big part of the black population and most other etnicities rwhen it comes to crime in relation to poverty as compared to other etnicities living under similar socio economic circumstances. Pretty sure there are plenty of studies to support this and the most plausible way to explain it is the culture.

And if I remember correctly a telling example is that when Jim Crow laws were still in place the black employment rates were much higher than now and the crime rate a lot less.
edit on 17-10-2023 by ElitePlebeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

If more than 8/10 were bad we could say they're doing a poor job. If less than 8/10 were bad, we could say they're doing a good job. As it is, it's neither

That is a logical fallacy , based on the subset of cities provided . The subset provided was only the top 10. If the subset was expanded to the full set , then one may make a decision based on that. Again , this was just for the top 10 .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join