It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Life Spectrum Hypothesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this, so MODS, feel free to move as appropriate:

I did a search for this on ATS and came up with nothing. Has anybody seen this "Life Spectrum Hypothesis" before? If it's already been discussed, please point me in the right direction, as my search failed.

THE LIFE SPECTRUM HYPOTHESIS

I have only read it through once, but it caught my interest. It claims to be an explanation of "The Nature, Creation and Evolution of Life." I was especially interested in the description of similarities between DNA and light. It made my brain hurt a little, so I'll have to re-read it later.

It seems fairly sound, at first glance, so I would like to hear some ideas for debunking or proving the hypothesis....

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Cohiba,
I did a brief read through and while to me, it seems like there is something in what is being said, the article doesn't have any logical flow to it and I suspect that points the author meant to make, got lost in the jumble of ideas that appear on the page.
Maybe I just don't understand what is being hypothesised. In my opinion, nothing is actually being said that needs proof. It isn't presented as an actual hypothesis. It's more of a what if. It rambles where it should specify and it makes no conclusion to be proven or debunked.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by freddieb]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hehe, yeah I guess that is why my head hurt after reading it. Not real clear. Well, the article is very old, so I sent the author an email inviting him to join this discussion thread, so maybe we can hear back from him with some more current information and possibly how this "theory" has developed since he wrote this article...

The basic idea, I believe, it that DNA models light, and most major religions refer to "the light." This is trying to make a link between the "light" in religion to natural light and its resemblence to the DNA molecule.

new topics

join