It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear Of Flight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Don't you just love it when you look out the window and the wingtip is going up and down like that? *laugh* You can always tell the first time/not comfortable flyers by who looks rather uncomfortable by that.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You would be surprised how airline security did not improve that much since 9/11. They sure are screening tourists boarding the airplane more than ever before, but employees and perimeters around the runway are still left unwatched. And is it safe to let freight carriers like FedEx or UPS crossing the borders unchecked or having ex-cons on their payroll?

Only Israelis airports got a clue so far, nobody can trespass in there without getting shot. And they are not patting you down just to feel your boobies, they actually hire competent agents spotting suspicious passangers and they sit an undercover air marshall next to them just in case to prevent a potential hijack.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My dislike of flying is not from fear of hights or fear of terrorism, but fear of union mechanic incompetance and corperate neglect. I just plain don't trust the people that work on them and I definately don't trust the priorities of those who run the airlines.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sitting next to them seems kind of too close.

If I was an Air Marshall I would prefer to sitting behind them so that when he stands up screaming he's in control you can push the airplane safe hand gun to the back of his head and squeeze the trigger before he gets the chance to the end his sentence and of cause then scan the rest of the plane for his buddies so they can join him.

This is saterical, I would not even want to a be stewardess on a plane .....be with one perhaps

Flying is too scary.

Get the National Geographic Channel or the Discovery Channel and be safe.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I just love how when my father was in the USAF and I would go to work with him, we could change an engine in a few hours, but it takes airlines three to five DAYS to change one. heh. We had four B-1s with blade/engine changes on the ramp and had them done in one night. Can you imagine how long it would take a union mechanic to do them?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Can you imagine how long it would take a union mechanic to do them?

Its not how long it takes them to do it that worries me, its how WELL they do it that I'm conerned about. I live in a city that is home to a rapidly declining (i.e.: bankrupt) major US Air...line. I know some people who work there including people working on planes. That is why I don't fly, because I know people who work in the industry.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Maybe some of us are scared of flight because humans aren't designed to go 10 km high at 900 km/h??? So the brain injects ummm hormones?? like adrenaline to make as scared about Flight?

There is more of a reason to fear dieing in a car crash that dieing in a airplane.
I aren't scared of flying at all, I am 13, and me and my dad flew on a local flight in a Cessna 172, anyway, I got to take the controls

cya

top topics

<< 1   >>

join