It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Traditional Left & Right Political Poles Flipped?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We are one world, one race, and need each other to survive.

But a one world government, that scares me to death.

They are going to have to figure this out. I believe there is a cooperative way that maintains cultural independence, identity and collective self-determination.

The thing I find most interesting with travelling, and meeting people from elsewhere travelling here, is how many people want to go to the mall or outlet stores. I went to Spain, big mall connected to the hotel. It was the week before Thanksgiving. I thought, ok, lets go shopping in Spain. First thing I saw was a 'Black Friday' Sale advert in the window of the Victoria's Secret. They don't even do Thanksgiving! But its a big corporate sale, so who cares about that?

I went to get a coffee at the Starbucks Kiosk and went back to my room.

Starbucks in Marrakech. Not in the souk, that's for sure! But there is a modern part of the city. We passed by the Starbucks, and my Moroccan friend said, here is where you go for a prostitute. In their own special way, they use dating sites and everyone knows to meet up at Starbucks. It's the main reason to go there. Also the same mall stores in the area around the Starbucks. Alot of traffic passing thru the business section, but stores were mostly vacant, and not ALIVE like the souk. I like seeing chickens tied by the feet and sitting on the ground. I like seeing camel heads hanging from the butcher shop outside window. I like the bustle of donkey carts, scooters, and foot traffic all jockeying for position. Its why I went there.

I don't like homogenization. I live for the differences, its why I travel.
edit on 11/1/2023 by MoreCoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2023 by MoreCoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

I believe it's causing an evolution in human psychological development. I agree it's exciting.

And with all growth, comes growing pains.

Each generation remakes the world. We have to let go and leave them to it. But the world they make will be theirs.

I have faith and think in the end it will achieve a certain 'one world' perspective. Which we need to survive the challenges ahead.

I keep saying "One World" is the logical progression.

Not IF or WHEN -- but HOW.

Panicking against it is a waste of time and energy.

How to develop it and move it forward is where the focus should be.

I like the trend of tiny houses and drivable homes (work from anywhere). But we are losing neighborhoods.

Anyway, changes in how we live everyday need to be addressed.

Tiny houses and zoning bylaw changes is the solution to end homelessness in cities, but some people don't want certain people in their neighborhoods, so seems to be the pushback from single dwelling homeowners that want to keep the status quo.

It may take a lot more time for changes, such as I mentioned above, to become reality, but perhaps these single dwelling homeowners may lose their homes because very soon they may not be able to pay their mortgages and buy food too. To walk a mile in their shoes.

Oh, absolutely. New realistic zoning for tiny homes is a must.

Some areas of Los Angeles you can legally live in your car.

And edible gardens in front yards.

Did you know quite a lot of people who live in their cars hold down a full-time job?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

My friend is in that position in Portland. And growing. Many are older people.

I would love to scale down. The house I raised my family in is too big. I'd love to buy a smaller new construction. Not another damn McMansion. I don't want to live in a Condo. I want to live in a cottage. I'd be happy to pay a premium for the lot. I want the garden space too!

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

My friend is in that position in Portland. And growing. Many are older people.

I would love to scale down. The house I raised my family in is too big. I'd love to buy a smaller new construction. Not another damn McMansion. I don't want to live in a Condo. I want to live in a cottage. I'd be happy to pay a premium for the lot. I want the garden space too!

Same here, a nice cozy cottage-like vibe dwelling with less cleaning, landscape work etc. to do. Although you are on the right track with gardening because that type of work is the best exercise to keep oneself healthy and feeling young

If zoning laws were changed and tiny house communities could rise up, then older women could live in more safety within those types of communities and have addresses where healthcare workers could visit them.
edit on q000000361130America/Chicago1313America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Exactly. How are health care people going to visit someone in their car?

I know of an elderly man that was in hotel housing similar to Section 8. But immigration pays more for immigrant housing in the longer term hotels so he and others in the elderly program have been getting evicted by the hotels.

Its really really sad that these types of competing for resources is happening on such a large scale so quickly.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

McMansions are being split into separate residences around here. That's probably the answer long term, and cities need to adapt the zoning.

Parking is an issue. It's a nightmare here already as we have families living in bedrooms in the homes here that were built in the 50-60s. I have cars parked in front of my house every night from the 5 bedroom next door that have 5 vehicles, but only a driveway for 2. A couple/family in each bedroom.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

McMansions are being split into separate residences around here. That's probably the answer long term, and cities need to adapt the zoning.

Parking is an issue. It's a nightmare here already as we have families living in bedrooms in the homes here that were built in the 50-60s. I have cars parked in front of my house every night from the 5 bedroom next door that have 5 vehicles, but only a driveway for 2. A couple/family in each bedroom.

It would appear right and left can shake hands and agree on what really matters, such as ending poverty and giving the regular citizen a leg up. Or, as I say, a living wage.

Opinion: America's Poverty is Built by Design.

In late 2020, a crowd of mostly Black and Hispanic workers rallied outside the statehouse in Albany, New York to gather support for a $15-an-hour minimum wage for tipped workers. A group of white people wearing red MAGA hats approached. Coincidentally, the protest was taking place the same day the state legislature was meeting to certify the results of the 2020 presidential election — and MAGA protesters had gathered to challenge the count. You’d expect clashes to ensue. But when some Trump supporters stumbled upon the workers of color pushing for higher wages, they shook hands and joined their protest.

www.politico.com...

Citizens (all people of the world) want and need the same things but we don't get it through political governance or political design, no matter the party.
edit on q000000161130America/Chicago0202America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I dont know if poverty is a nefarious plan to keep the population enslaved.

But I don't believe that raising the minimum wage works to address it.

Poverty is a normal state of man, it would seem. If you take the sum total of humanity for all of history, the book you would write would be one of poverty and despair.

Man has tried every form of government known. Have any eliminated poverty?

If you have a good fair utopian plan.... where nobody wants for any need, how would you bring this about? So many have tried and failed and those attempts are where lots of people caught in the struggle died.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I believe it's causing an evolution in human psychological development. I agree it's exciting.

Each generation remakes the world. We have to let go and leave them to it. But the world they make will be theirs.

I have faith and think in the end it will achieve a certain 'one world' perspective. Which we need to survive the challenges ahead.

I like the trend of tiny houses and drivable homes (work from anywhere). But we are losing neighborhoods.

Tiny houses and zoning bylaw changes is the solution to end homelessness in cities, but some people don't want certain people in their neighborhoods, so seems to be the pushback from single dwelling homeowners that want to keep the status quo.

It may take a lot more time for changes, such as I mentioned above, to become reality, but perhaps these single dwelling homeowners may lose their homes because very soon they may not be able to pay their mortgages and buy food too. To walk a mile in their shoes.

Did you know quite a lot of people who live in their cars hold down a full-time job?

Yes. And Planet Fitness is only $10 a month. Some are open 24 hours.

Being clean and presentable is a must.

I'm from Los Angeles.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

We are one world, one race, and need each other to survive.

But a one world government, that scares me to death.

But we're pretty close to it already. It's inevitable IMO.

Again, HOW its done is the most important thing.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Probably the most important thing the newly formed 'United Nations' did was figure out what to do with the Jewish people that were liberated from the camps.

It's never been a settled agreement. It's never been recognized as the way of things. Jews were given some land for their own. Now, its rightfully somebody else's in many people's minds. In other words, they didn't like what the UN did.

World Governments aren't the answer to anything.

Not unless that world govt controls the nukes, and only that world govt. We won't ever give that up.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm from Los Angeles.

That's how those living in cars can hold down a full-time job, they go to the gym to shower. Where there's a will, there's a way. Not the best way, but better than nothing. I've never been to LA but clean and presentable is a must at any job.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm from Los Angeles.

That's how those living in cars can hold down a full-time job, they go to the gym to shower. Where there's a will, there's a way. Not the best way, but better than nothing. I've never been to LA but clean and presentable is a must at any job.

I think closed down drive-in movie theaters should be turned into "car park homes".

Improve the facilities and rent each space at night.

They can still do swap meets during the day.

There are so many practical things that can be done.

edit on pm1111America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Probably the most important thing the newly formed 'United Nations' did was figure out what to do with the Jewish people that were liberated from the camps.

It's never been a settled agreement. It's never been recognized as the way of things. Jews were given some land for their own. Now, its rightfully somebody else's in many people's minds. In other words, they didn't like what the UN did.

World Governments aren't the answer to anything.

Not unless that world govt controls the nukes, and only that world govt. We won't ever give that up.

Hopefully, we learn from the past and don't make repeated mistakes.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I've never been to LA but clean and presentable is a must at any job.

The job market is highly competitive.

In AZ -- if you're from Los Angeles -- they hire you on the spot.

You could never get away with the stuff I witnessed in Arizona.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Such as?

What would you have done with the concentration camp survivors?

Keep in mind, the Muslim world allied with Nazi Germany, for the most part.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Now that's what I call a thoughtful post.

My own view isn't so much that positions have been swapped but that the further out the extremes go from either side the closer they get to each other. The horseshoe model, some call it.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Such as?

What would you have done with the concentration camp survivors?

Keep in mind, the Muslim world allied with Nazi Germany, for the most part.

I don't know.

What would you do with the mass migration today escaping violent countries (world wide -- mostly south to north). Is your answer "Build a Wall?".

I had a friend from El Salvadore. His parents still lived there. All food, water, phone, and necessities were kept in lower cabinets near the floor. So, when the shooting starts you lay flat on the floor but can survive.

I consider myself logical/reality.

People should be able to live in their homes peacefully.

You think we should keep religion and culture. 2 underlying causes of friction between groups of people -- that leads to war.

So, don't homogenize.

Imagine a World Army/Peacekeepers that took out the aggressors, the drug lords, religious fanatics, etc.

Or we can just continue what we're doing or not doing.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Imagine a world army/peacekeepers that hunt you down because you don't believe the Earth is flat, like they do.

It could happen.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Imagine a world army/peacekeepers that hunt you down because you don't believe the Earth is flat, like they do.

It could happen.

That is not logical.

The earth is not flat.

Science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join