It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump has a bench trial rather than a jury trial

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

“So, I just want to say, after all we have gone through this afternoon, that I trust that — well, that unless the Attorney General can relate all the discussions about 2011 documents to something that happened later, this has all been a waste of time,” Engoron said.

and

The judge added that Trump’s theory would mean that “if one aspect of fraudulent business conduct falls outside the statute of limitations, then all subsequent aspects of fraudulent conduct also fall outside the statute, no matter how inextricably intertwined.”

I did not see in the article where it explicitly says Trump is wrong about some of this happening outside the statue of limitations.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

This is the face of the “Trump will destroy Democracy” movement. [/quote[]

Yeah, I just love that picture of a person freaking out, we see that one here often, So often in fact that it suggests that many Trump supporters here have that picture tucked up in their photo logs ready to use at a moments notice, just like I suspect you have. You didn't have to go hunting for it somewhere did you, it was right there ready f or you to use, That's only speculation on my part but here is the thing.

Do you suppose it could be that you have brainwashed yourself into believing that that is the face of anti-Trumpers and every time you hear those who oppose Trump that photo meme pops into your head and confirms to you that they are all crazy and emotionally extremists?

Again, I"m just speculating here on how it is that so many Americans fail to comprehend how dangerous it is to have an unhinged psycho in such a position of power. I'm just trying to figure it out how so many Americans of sound mind and balanced thought are dumbfounded at the faith in him that so many hold.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Could this be as simple a screw up as Salon makes it out to be? Or could this be one more example of Trump's superior intellect in finding ways to skirt the legal system.

Is this his ploy to have malpractice to stop this trial till he can get a new lawyer to replace this inept one or is it one more case of, you know, Trump knowing the best people to get done what he wants to get done.

Or, he wants a bench trial initially to get it over with quickly so he can move on to the appellate process, since he knows he doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell in a NYC trial by a bunch of TDS jurors.

Nah, If you watch the video of him yesterday outside the court room he was pissing and moaning about not having a jury trial saying something like arn't Americans supposed to have a jury trial. I even think that he said something about not knowin why he did not have one and that reason is the topic of this thread. He and his lawyers didn't ask for one. simple as that.

You can believe in his 4d chess if you like but a lot of picture appears to show a man thrashing about in the water trying to grab a life line to save him from the circling sharks, and we all know that he would rather be electrocuted than be eaten by a shark.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Went shopping on line for more info on just what was really said in those last five minutes.As of last night, that information was skimpy with only what Trump said being repeated and repeated by everything I could find,

Until I found that run down in Salon. So yeah, while there I did find that the opinion articles are very anti Trump, but i could find no opinions in the quoted material presented in that article. If those quoted bits were quoted it means they are exactly what was said, and not the writers opinion of what was said. It seems to me that in quoting a federal judge, one better be sure those quotes are true otherwise the outlet could be sued. Yes? No? What do you think.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

During Donald Bender's testimony today, Trump's lawyers made nidus objections claiming statute of limitations. Every single one of them was overruled.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

An unhinged psycho or a depraved sellout traitor?

Seems like one hell of a predicament we are in.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
Instead of addressing this issue, you resort to more whataboutisms...and a weak one at that.

You are ok for Trump to silence critics and comedians by using the FCC, DOJ or anyone else that will do his bidding?

This sounds like something Putin would do...not an American president.

All past presidents took their comedian lashings in stride.

edit on 3-10-2023 by jrod because: Not

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Surely isn't something Biden's DoJ would do, now would it?

ROFLMAO

eta:

If you speak of the beheading pic from that skank redhead.... she should have been visited by the SS, and put on a no-flight list.
edit on 10/3/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
Trump purports to hold certain values that are attractive to many many Americans People of good faith and stern resolve and a big part of the problem here is that the Democrats have miserably failed in providing sound leadership to counter his well crafted patriotic persona.

I choked when Eisenstein decided to run again for that seat in the Senate. It was clear to me that she was old and not of enough healthy mind to soundly represent her constituency. OLD. And sure enough, she withered further and then shriveled up and died all the while insisting that she could do here job. What a joke and easy prey for the right.

And how about this Menendez character? Thousands of dollars stuffed in the pockets of his clothes.I mean, come on here. I took one look at his wedding photo when he got married with that tall, sexy Amazon woman towering over him and thought, opps, there's something going on here that just ain't right, and sure enough, she appears to be part and parcel in this scheme.

And Biden with his drug headed son, gallivanting around the world partying like there was no tomorrow, trading on his fathers name all over the place. And Biden himself, flubbering in front of the national audience day after day.

The Democrats have completely muddied that waters when it comes to clarity on who is best for the nation and i can understand how so many have chosen the fantasies that Trump spews as the alternative to the murky visions offered by the Democrats.

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 03 Oct 2023 12:45:22 -0500Tue, 03 Oct 2023 12:45:22 -050023102023-10-03T12:45:22-05:001200000045 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

An unhinged psycho or a depraved sellout traitor?

Seems like one hell of a predicament we are in.

Well, that is for sure Coyote, that is for sure

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Trump is begging for a gag order. He's literally sitting in court, attacking the judge's clerk on Truth Social, including a link to her Instagram, while she sits a few feet away.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Not like working with social media to suppress opposition viewpoints?

Nothing like that threatens us at all!

Whataboutisms...this is what you do when you confronted with facts that show Trump is unfit for president.

You know what I wrote is true, Trump wanted comedians investigated and their show cancelled for making fun of him. He tried to use the FCC and DoJ to this.

We both know if re-elected he will only have loyal yea man to do his bidding.

Your claim is not even a valid one. Even if it is, you act like the Conservatives and the MAGA crowd does not like have a strong social media presence. Also look at Twitter(now X) under Elon's control. You can not honestly say it censors conservative speech.

What I dont think the MAGA crowd and Trump apologist realize is Trump is NOT a Republican, he used the weak lime of candidates in 2016 to gain power. Trump also is not a conservative and does not stand for nor representing traditional conservative values.

Trump style of leadership(if you can call it that) is an Authoritarian one.

Trump hates the 1st Amendment because it means citizens can make fun of and criticize him.

What is your excuse for Trump's disrespect of wounded veterans?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Wow. Over here you have to turn off your phone in Court.

If it goes off it may be contempt of Court.

Seems he's goading the Court.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Im not a republican, so what do I care about what republicans think?

Whataboutism is a made up word. Contrast between the parties is absolutely allowed, in particular when both are doing the EXACT SAME thing. You don't get to be outraged at one and not the other without being called out.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Please show an example of Biden attacking free speech! If anything conservatives and even the MAGA crowd have a stronger voice now since Elon took over Twitter.

Reddit has a strong conservative and MAGA voice as well.

I left out Griffin on my first post to avoid this controversy....so the fact you are trying to deflect that way tells me you reading comprehension is lacking.

Political satire is protected under the 1st Amendment!

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Whataboutism is in the Oxford dictionary.

By definition all words are 'made-up'.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Biden filed a motion with the Supreme Court of United States to continue using censorship against people who don't agree with the administration.. people who post at Twitter Facebook etc.

He's a nasty evil old man.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

There have been congressional hearings on BIden's DoJ working with social media to suppress free speech. If you haven't been paying attention, I'm not doing homework for you.

Funny to watch you throw a tantrum over Elon Musk buying Twitter to put an end to bias and censorship.
Cant stand playing on level ground?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yes, some dictionaries include slang and new made up words.

And I don't care even a tiny little miniscule bit. I will say what I want when I want and where I want.

"Whataboutism' is a weak juvenile card to play. And guess what? There are no rules preventing it, whatsoever.

You just look stupid when you call it.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Congressional hearings ..no.

Inquiries led by MAGA 'Republicans' void of facts and evidence are NOT hearings.

Try again.

I use 'republican' in quotes because I do not consider followers of Trump Republicans.

Its comical you have no other argument so resort to trying to argue the semantics of the word whataboutism.

I think you should have just sat this one out

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join