It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California ban on high-capacity gun magazines (win for the people)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard
Cars weren't manufactured with the intent of being an instrument of death, so people weren't getting into cars thinking "This is a murder weapon."
Social conditioning. Priming. If a few happen, then we start to see more, because people form a psychological association between those things. That's why there was a boom in school shootings after the publicity of Columbine, and that's why there have been a few vehicular mass killings since that first one.
It's just part of social psychology.

a reply to: JinMI

Weird...almost like it's not the object but the person.

Caveat being you don't have an unalienable right to keep and bear a vehicle.....

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Glad they made it right, that bear was starting to look funny...

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I don't believe the 2nd Amendment was written to protect the hunters from getting their guns taken away. I'd buy a tank and get training to use it if I had the money to do it. That's in the interest of protecting myself and my country from evil-doers. Americans need the 2nd amendment to protect themselves from Tyranny, not government, Tyranny. Tyranny is he number one suspicion in my mind every time the right to keep and bear arms is infringed upon. a reply to: Degradation33

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
At the end of the day, I’m all pro 2A, for self defense, and hunting. Above that, people rather not go to war with us because we literally have one of the biggest civilian army’s in the world having all our gun owners. The second you take this away, I promise we will have more home invasions (look at UK and Australia) probably more terroristic attacks as well.

Honestly, gun laws are THE STUPIDEST IDEA EVER THOUGHT. They only hinder lawful citizens because as we all know, CRIMINALS DONT OBEY LAWS..

-mic drop

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PinealGlandThoth

Sorry to focus on certain things. It was my own answer to "why they'll never take away pistols and shotguns". For hunters and self-protection.

Obviously "protection from tyranny" (of government) is not something that tops my list in reasons to own a weapon. Not immediately coming into my mind.

It will now. I will now recognize the most common utilitarian purpose for a high capacity assault-rifle as protection from the government in the event they turn to tyrants.

The guns being to match and overthrow them when they meet the criteria to be deemed as such. A la sic semper tyrannis.

I was thinking shotguns and rifles for hunters and handguns for protection and police. I will now add assault rifles for tyrant protection to that list.

That all sounds constitutional to me. Moving on.
edit on 26-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's not even near over.
as Calif is appealing it now has to go to the 9th court then may go to a higher court.

This still may take years.

Calif WILL drag this out as long as they can.

I may be dead before this is over.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join