It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reason Why The Rest Of The World Hates America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
To me, its not that we should do more. Just covering it and paying attention to it would be good. If more attention was paid to it by the media, more people would do things to help. It would be an inspiration to alot of people to help. Its like a game though. The story that keeps us tuned in the most wins.

Fear and consumption..the American way..

-Marilyn Manson

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
To me, its not that we should do more. Just covering it and paying attention to it would be good. If more attention was paid to it by the media, more people would do things to help. It would be an inspiration to alot of people to help.

I don't understand, you seem to be contradicting yourself here?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenwall
Muckwa, I understand what you are saying, but I don't believe that is all djembetlkflsaadf was saying.

I also feel you didn't grasp what I was saying, lol.

Green
dgtempe and Muckwa understand each other.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well then it's all good.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You have successfully highlighted the fact that moral evil is much more compelling to watch on TV than natural evil.

It is the difference between the headlines "dog bites man"
versus "man bites dog"

The second one sells a lot more newspapers.

Which is why VH1 and E! have become the 24/7 Paris Hiltoncam.

But is Paris H. a natural or moral evil? You decide.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Damn spliff--are you really saying you care about a couple hundred thousand people that aren't white. Sorry, I don't believe it. You must of had a brain fart when you posted this.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You know, I value my points, so I'll shut up Kazi.....

But ya..I do care about people of ANY color that have terrible things happen to them thru no fault of their own. When ones own problems are self-infilicted and they bitch about it and try and blame a different race for it, then yes, I have a HUGE problem with that...almost as big of a problem as I have with people who revive my dead posts and try to get a flame going........

[edit on 3-5-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Spliff--it's the self-inflected wounds that I have trouble with. Not all the misery and whinning coming out of the Ghettos is from self inflected wounds.

This was my first venture into this site. I'm totally amazed at the variety of threads to we have to vent, on, and I wasn't looking for you, and didn't even notice the date on your thread.

I take back the previous post.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy

Originally posted by spliff4020
Still, murder or not, 275,000 dead people on will get you a month on TV here, but 2500 dead americans will get you years and congressional hearings, and the whole 9 yards.

I'm not trivializing 9/11, but rather am sickened by our lack of caring for anyone beyond our borders..(unless they posses WMDs)

you know i was thinking about this last week , how much damage was done to that part of the world, all those orphan left behind ,some being sold into sex rings. And all we can see over here on the Nightly News is crap about Movie stars dating or well lately the Pope passing on. Its really disgusting. 275,000 is a huge freaken number, but the most we got to hear about it was that supermodel that survived for eight hours hanging on to a tree as opposed to children not even over 8 who did the same thing. its sad when you get old enough taht you realize that The News Media out here is just another outlet for marketing.

At least its not 27 million

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The American people (generally) are wonderful, loving, caring people. It's the american government that is showing the world that we are a--holes.
The sad part is that the government isn't even representative of the people anymore. The government does what it wants and we have little or no say in the matter.
I don't know how to change things, and most other people probably don't either, but we gotta do something to change the government into what it was supposed to be before some country with nukes decides we are all as much a--holes as our government makes us out to be.

Just my 2 cents.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join