It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the 8th king in Revelation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Th Bible talks about the 8th king in Revelation 17.

Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

In these verses, the Apostle John tells us something very profound. The 8th king will be a vessel that will be inhabited by the beast that was and is not. Earlier in chapter 17 it says this:

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

So the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will be the 8th king but he's of the 7. This tells you the 8th king is a vessel, a body that will be taken over by the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit.

I believe the 8th king is on the world stage today in the midst of all of this turmoil. He's a religious or political leader. The Bible tells us how we can identify him.

1. He will confirm an agreement with many for 7 years. If you look on the world stage today, everyone has an agreement from the Pope to the U.N. and some of them 7 years. I wrote about it here:

Could a deal between Israel and Saudi Arabia be the 7 year agreement?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Bible tells us to be aware of the season we're in. You have a world religion and monetary system as the Bible describes rising before our eyes.

2. The Bible tells us in Revelation 13 that this 8th king will get a deadly wound. This is when the beast from the bottemless pit will take over the body of the 8th king. This is why it's the 8th but of the 7. It's the body of the 8th king but the soul/spirit of the beast from the bottomless pit which is 1 of the 7. Who are the 7?

These are past Roman Emporers. The Bible says:

Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

The one that is was Domitian. The Apostle John wrote Revelation in 95-96 A.D. according to most scholars.

The 5 that are fallen are Galba, Otho, Vetallius, Vespasian and Titus. Titus destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D.

The Apostle John predicted the short reign of Nerva who ruled after Domitian and would be the 7th king. He ruled for 15 months. The Apostle John then tells us that this 8th king will be of the 7.

I think it will be Titus, Vespasian or Domitian but it could be any 1 of the 7 that will ascend out of the bottomless pit and take over the body of the 8th king who I think is on the world stage today.

Why do I think it could be Titus?

Titus led the army under Vespasian that attacked Israel and destroyed the Temple. They say that Titus wanted to set up Roman gods in the Temple but when he saw that it was on fire, he decided to destroy it and he wanted to wipe it from memory as Jesus predicted. Imagine if the soul/spirit of Titus enters the body of the 8th king. He will still have a lust to control the Temple and instead of Roman gods, he will set himself up as god in the Temple.

I know a lot of people think of Nero but I think it's more likely Titus. Titus was also deified or claimed to be a god.

Out of Suetonius' 12 Caesars, 5 were deified – Julius, Augustus, Claudius, Vespasian and Titus. Upon deification emperors would have had a temple built by their successor (though Nero never finished Claudius' temple, that was down to Vespasian).
link

Like I said, it could be any 1 of the 7 but I think it could be Titus. Revelation 13 says this:

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

So this 8th king, who I believe is on the world stage now, will receive a deadly wound. He will also confirm or strengthen a 7 year agreement. When he gets this deadly wound, people will say pray for him because it doesn't look good. Doctors will say he kept flatlining and it was a miracle he survived.

The 8th king, the vessel, will die but the 7th king that ascends out of the bottomless pit will take over his body.

Remember, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!
edit on 25-9-2023 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Harry Potter talks about The Death Eaters. They were bad things that existed over 11 years before the events of the books, torturing and murdering Muggles (people without magical abilities), as well as anyone who opposed them, including wizards who support Muggles (such as the Weasley family). Around 10 years after the Death Eaters first surfaced, a Seer named Sybill Trelawney made a prophecy about a boy who would have the power to defeat Voldemort forever.

Remember, Harry Potter is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Citing fairytales is easy. What's your point?

edit on 25-9-2023 by Kreeate because: ffs

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What's difficult to understand is Revelation is written whereas it seems to apply to the present age. But, it applies to everyone reading in their own time.

You believe in the Bible, rt? " No one knows the time...."

So why are you trying to nail it down ..when the Bible says...you cannot?

Explain...

Jesus bless ya!✝️
edit on 09232130America/ChicagoMon, 25 Sep 2023 12:02:21 -050002202300000021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Greetings neoholographic. I hope you are having a good day today. I have seen some of your posts in the past and have enjoyed reading some of them. And it is good to see that you take keen interest in these prophecies. If you take a look at my list of threads you see I too enjoy studying these deep Bible prophecies. In fact I have a couple threads that deal with the eight king. 666 Number of the Beast goes into some detail explaining who it is. But there are a lot of things that weren't touched on in that thread.

The seven kings that make up the seven heads of the wild beast that ascends out of the sea are the seven world powers that have had direct influence on God's people in history. So in order of their ascension they represent: (1) Egypt, (2) Assyria, (3) Babylon, (4) Medo-Persia, (5) Greece, (6) Rome, (7) Anglo-American world power.

The seventh power is also the same as the beast with the two horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon (Revelation 13:11). It makes people worship the wild beast whose mortal wound was healed. It made fire come down from heaven to earth in the sight of mankind by means of its dropping the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II (Revelation 13:11-13).

The eight king the one that is but is no more but is about to ascend out of the abyss came into existence at the end of WWI was the League of Nations. While the United States did not join it at that time it was pivotal in forming it. It received a death stroke during WWII (is not) and went into the abyss of oblivion during WWII. But it was revived from its death-stroke at the end of WWII as the United Nations. (Revelation 17:8).

The United Nations is the same as the Scarlet Colored 7-headed wild beast that is the image of the first wild beast. To quote from myself in this thread

There are two wild beasts in prophecy in Revelation that have 7 heads. The one that represents the seven world powers of Bible history, and then an image of that beast. That is a beast that looks exactly like it, but there is a key difference. The wild beast that has seven heads that are seven mountains who are seven kings has 10 horns and 10 diadems or crowns on its head:

"And it stood still on the sand of the sea. And I saw a wild beast ascending out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns ten diadems, but on its heads blasphemous names."-Revelation 13:1.

"Now the wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were like those of a bear, and its mouth was like a lion’s mouth."-Revelation 13:2.

This beast has features that an observant Bible reader will find familiar. Yes it has features of the beasts in Daniel's fearsome vision:

"And four huge beasts came out of the sea, each different from the others. “The first one was like a lion...“And look! another beast, a second one, like a bear...another beast, like a leopard."-Daniel 7:4-6.

So this fearsome wild beast with seven heads and ten horns, with ten diadems on the ten horns is representative of the 7 world powers that have had direct influence on God's people throughout world history. But there is an image of this fearsome wild beast that is scarlet in color and looks the same, but it does NOT have the ten diadems:

"And he carried me away in the power of the spirit into a wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet-colored wild beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns."-Revelation 17:3.

This beast is an "image" of the first wild beast of 7 heads and 10 horns with 10 diadems:

Talking of a wild beast with two horns (this is the Anglo-American world power) the vision in Revelation 13 tells us that this beast (that is the Anglo-American world power) makes an image of the beast of Revelation 13:1 (that is of the beast with seven heads and ten horns with ten diadems):

"It misleads those who dwell on the earth, because of the signs that it was permitted to perform in the sight of the wild beast, while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived.  And it was permitted to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who refuse to worship the image of the wild beast."-Revelation 13:14-15.

The United States helped put in place the image of the wild beast which was initially the League of Nations after World War I. This beast went into an abyss of inactivity when it ceased to be during WWII. But it returned to life after WWII as the United Nations:

"The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction."-Revelation 17:8.

This image of the first wild beast of 7 heads and 10 horns with 10 diadems or crowns, does not have diadems, or crowns on its head. It in itself does not have authority or power. But all the kings of the earth will give it power for 1 hour to act on their behalf:

"The wild beast that was but is not, it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction."-Revelation 17:11.

This wild beast that is an image of the first wild beast, an image that the wild beast with two horns forms, was as the League of Nations after WWI. It "is not" during WWII. It returned to life as the United Nations after WWII. In the future all the kings of the earth will unite and give this beast power to act on their behalf:

“The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast. These have one thought, so they give their power and authority to the wild beast."-Revelation 17:12-13.

Ten in Bible prophecy represents something that is complete in an earthly respect. The ten horns mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom. These ten kings represent all of the member nations of the United Nations. They will receive authority as kings for one hour all together as they use their authority to give the scarlet colored wild beast, that is an image of the first wild beast of 7 heads with 10 horns and 10 diadems, power. They all of them together, every government will rule and have one thought. It is to turn upon the prostitute that is sitting on it, to destroy her.

As an interesting side note I found this post I made to you over a year and a half ago along the similar veins of this subject looking for that quote above.

edit on 25-9-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

People always take this verse out of context. The Bible says you can't know the day or the hour. I didn't say this was happening on November 17th at 5 P.M.

The Bible tells us over and over again we as Christians should be aware of the signs of the times. In Matthew 24, the Apostles asked Jesus what would be the sign of thy coming. Jesus didn't say you can't know the day or the hour, he told them what to look for.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

He then said this:

Matthew 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

The fig tree nation is Israel which became a nation in 1948 and 2028 will be 80 years since then.

He then said:

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Jesus was making the comparison to a Galilean wedding. The Groom would be promised to a Bride then would leave. The Father of the Groom would send the Groom(Jesus) back to the Bride(Church) in a day and hour only the Father of the Groom would know.

People have to stop taking this verse out of context. This doesn't mean that Christians will be oblivious to the signs of His return. In fact, the Bible says just the opposite. Jesus gave parables of Brides and servants not being ready for His return.

The Bible says:

Luke 21:34 “And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.”

Jesus said the Pharisees couldn't discern the signs of the times.

Matthew 16:3 “And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?”

Do you think the Bible tells us all of these things about the end times so we will not be aware of the signs of the times?

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

I read this before and I think we need to look at all angles.

The reason I don't see it this way is because it says this beast will be allowed to continue for 42 months after the deadly wound. In this 42 months the beast will make war with the Saints.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

So, I think it will be a religious or political leader who wants to be worshipped.

The League of Nations ended in 1946 and the United Nations started in 1945.

Now, I think the United Nations will play a role in the end times. It says this final beast system has 7 heads of blasphemy and 10 horns with crowns. So it's made up of many nations. It says 1 of it's 7 heads of blasphemy gets the deadly wound not the entire beast out of the sea.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You are avoiding my question...

What are the grounds in reality of any of the things you've mentioned?
Using buzzwords from an ancient fictional text does not make you sound prophetic or clever.
It makes you sound like a cultist, pushing an agenda.
What is your point/goal here?

I kindly ask that posit your idea in plain and simple English, so that an apparent ignoramus such as myself could understand your message.

Thank you and kind regards.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
7th King Internet
8Th King AI

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

You said:

The Word of God. Now, if you're an atheist that doesn't believe in God and are at enmity with God, then of course you will not understand what's being said. As you see the world crumbling around you in the ways the Bible predicted, you will still not accept it.

So this thread isn't for you. As you see from the other posts, Christians and those who are open minded are discussing these issues like adults. You on the other hand are spouting the same rhetoric you spout in every thread.

Now, if you want to know why I believe the Bible and the Words of God, I will tell you or you can read all of my other threads on this topic.

Also, using the words cult, fantasy and fictional in every post doesn't bolster your argument. There's a reason why your posts are always being closed by the moderators. If you want to debate the issue, then we can debate. If you just want to sling ad hominems in your post with no substance, I suggest you move on to another thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I always like to start by making sure I have the original Greek text, never that filthy King James satanic bastardisation of the Holy Bible.

Then I like to make sure that I don’t read it as if it is some archaic prophesy, but that I read it just like John told us to. He said that these Revelations are not for his colleagues and contemporaries. He comes right out and says they, “they are for a foreign and strange generation, one far removed.” He wrong it for a generation thousands of years in the future.

Therefore, I need to read it from the perspective of how an ancient man would describe technology and practices he had never before witnessed and had, at best, a vague understanding of what he was looking at. Me, to make it make sense for OUR generation, we know people don’t get fatally wounded then come back to life. But this generation does have clones, robots, and superrealistic masks. I would go for the cloned copy of the politician or figure who had just been assassinated coming back to carry on.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Domitian.

His rule is concurrent with the writing of Revelations. That was how they could call Rome Satan without committing sedition.
edit on 25-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I appreciate your point of view on this, and thank you for taking the time to reply. Here are a a couple of things to consider that seem to be left out of the equation.

The eighth king is the image of the wild beast. It does not have diadems, or crowns on its heads. The diadems represent the authority that the first wild beast with the seven heads have. So the eighth king, or the scarlet colored image of the wild beast has no power on its own. Instead we are told that all of the kings will rule together for "one hour." They are the ones that imbue the scarlet colored image of the wild beast with its power. Without their authority it would have no authority. So it is not one king. It is all the kings within the United Nations that act together to get rid of the Prostitute that is riding it. The prostitute is the religions of the earth that mislead all the nations by means of her spiritistic practices. And the kings of the earth are still in existence standing at a distance after they destroy her. So the eighth king is not a single government or king, and it is not a religious institution. Because the eighth king itself gets rid of religion. As it is all the kings of the earth that rule together for one hour, it is when all the member nations of the United Nations have the one thought and thus act together and give it authority, teeth as it were to carry out their will. So all of them together will rule for one hour at the end, during the great tribulation to destroy false religion:

“The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast. These have one thought, so they give their power and authority to the wild beast."-Revelation 17:12-14.

In God's eyes the League of Nations had no power and stopped existing when it was helpless to start World War II. It was set up so that another Great War like the first never occurred again. It may have existed on earth in name, but its member nations were warring against and killing each other between 1939 and 1945. It has blasphemous names in that it promises to bring peace on earth, when only God's kingdom in Jesus' hands will do that. Thus it misleads mankind to look toward a human government for peace, where they cannot achieve it.

"And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet-colored wild beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns. "-Revelation 17:13.

Also remember that 10 represents something that is complete in an earthly respect. So the 10 kings, or 10 horns, do not just represent 10 kingdoms or rulers. It represents the entirety of the member nations that make up the United Nations at that time.

edit on 25-9-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Why do you think the beast with the deadly wound is connected to Rome and Roman Emperors?

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Be "aware" by all means. Trying to figure it out? You truly must know better...

In same respect, "Babylon"... isn't. It's not a place, but an ideal. Same as Revelation. It doesn't provide a conclusion, just a road map on what to watch for on the way.

Revelations by it's nature...is "revelatory"...revealing. Not confirming.

Hey...just a thought👋Take care, God Bless

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

edit on 09235030America/ChicagoMon, 25 Sep 2023 16:37:50 -050037202300000050 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: Kreeate

You said:

The Word of God. Now, if you're an atheist that doesn't believe in God and are at enmity with God, then of course you will not understand what's being said. As you see the world crumbling around you in the ways the Bible predicted, you will still not accept it.

So this thread isn't for you. As you see from the other posts, Christians and those who are open minded are discussing these issues like adults. You on the other hand are spouting the same rhetoric you spout in every thread.

Now, if you want to know why I believe the Bible and the Words of God, I will tell you or you can read all of my other threads on this topic.

Also, using the words cult, fantasy and fictional in every post doesn't bolster your argument. There's a reason why your posts are always being closed by the moderators. If you want to debate the issue, then we can debate. If you just want to sling ad hominems in your post with no substance, I suggest you move on to another thread.

No harm, no foul. Incidentally, I never used the word "fantasy" in this thread. Your word. Makes you think, doesn't it?
Everyone has a right to their opinion. Mine is not popular here and as such I shall bow out.
edit on 25-9-2023 by Kreeate because: der

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Jumping back in...it comes down to it being correct in all times, generations...and it is a warning...not playbook. To think we may be able to pinpoint things?

I believe there will always be interpretations...but getting lost in-book, your head out the window counting verses...is entirely the wrong way forward to live our lives.

If we could understand it all...God wouldn't have anything to do!

Here's an off-shot: If we all are but grains of sand, a part of a giant "whole" endless beach of sands...then 1 man John, a single grain of sand himself... composed alone in the darkness inspired...the Destiny of Man. All of us.

Now the OTHER quadrillion, scintillion, zillion, trillions of grains of sand are receiving his message. You and I too. All of us trying to understand the meaning of a man in a cave.

Divinely inspired to be multi-relatable? Sure..I'm more tuned to the times, then dismiss them as they failed to pass the last 70 years.

This will too in our lifetime. Revelations is a future world...seemingly so far...not this one. We aren't supposed to figure it out. Keeps us striving....

Thnx for reading..God bless ya Neo😎☝️

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You believe in the Bible, rt? " No one knows the time...."

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Matthew 24:36
Note the words "day" and "hour" referring to the precise time.

Then consider the following:

Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door.

Matthew 24:33
edit on 9/25/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You said:

Be "aware" by all means. Trying to figure it out? You truly must know better...

This is the opposite of what scripture says. It doesn't say be aware and don't tell anyone. We're supposed to plant and water seeds.

1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

So it's not about figuring it out, it's about planting and watering seeds. Certain things are Revelations I don't share but other I do on forums like this and in other places. I don't have all of the answers but I may post something which plants a seed to someone else who will go and read the Word and things I don't know might be revealed to them. We're all one body in Christ.

We're not supposed to bury these things. This is explained in the parable of the talents.

Matthew 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

What you're saying is just the opposite of what scripture says. It doesn't make sense to be aware and then not tell anyone what's coming and what you're aware of. That's like the lazy servant that buries his talent.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Obama. We're in Obama's third term now as Biden's puppet-master, he could be the eighth king that was one of the previous seven. Antichrist 2016-2019 has interesting info on Obama as Antichrist, and now it's plausible he's running the show again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join