It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Lie About Their Abortion Stance After Donald Trump Exposes How Radical They Are.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: carewemust

Democrats Lie About Their Abortion Stance After Donald Trump Exposes How Radical They Are.

trump just alienated a yuge segment of Evangelicals because he isn't for a total ban. I wonder if Catholics feel the same way.

trump isn't stupid, he know this roe-wade ban isn't helping the GOP at all.

www.seattletimes.com...

I wonder if Catholics feel the same way.

The Catholic church, at least in the US, is losing members.
Wonder no more.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The percent of late term abortions is very small.

The percentage of abortions due to rape and incest are even smaller.

Yet that's what the left uses to promote abortion.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

This is why liberals have to focus any conversation on conservative values,
Donald Trump, white supremacy; racism. Because they can't talk about their
own liberal woke agenda with out losing their GD minds.
edit on 18-9-2023 by Saloon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's one thing used to "promote" it. The biggest factor is that it's none of anyone's business what they choose to do with their body.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Serious question… has the Catholic Church ever….really followed what the Bible says?

Yes.

The Catholic Church put the Bible together at the Council of Carthedge in 397AD. It's a Catholic book. It's contents were decided upon by Catholic men. The entire Mass is scriptural. The prayers are scriptural. The hierarchy is scriptural. Everything in the church is based upon scripture or sacred tradition which scripture says to hold fast to. The people within the church have, at times, been not so holy. But the church itself is scriptural based.

You should do a thread on this topic, so everyone who knows the truth can explain why you are wrong
Clearly you have never ever studied how the bible was canonised never mined where the bible actually comes from

As for the abortion issue, handing it over to state level is reasonable

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

I know this may sound stupid... but ive never really understood why abortion is such a big deal. It shouldnt even exist other than for the obvious cases of rape, child abuse, health reasons etc...

Ive been trying to understand why it even exists.... Is it basically used as sexual contraception? Do people simply not wanna use a rubber? I dont get it!

I would have been aborted if it wasn't against the Christian faith. Because of that, and what I've learned about God having a plan for everyone, abortion became a "big deal" for me when I was in my 20's. From Ronald Reagan on, my first question about every candidate is, are they Pro-LIFE or Pro-ABORTION?

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

It's one thing used to "promote" it. The biggest factor is that it's none of anyone's business what they choose to do with their body.

Unless it's an experimental vaccine.......

Or a mask.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon

This is why liberals have to focus any conversation on conservative values,
Donald Trump, white supremacy; racism. Because they can't talk about their
own liberal woke agenda with out losing their GD minds.

I noticed that today while doing my usual surfing between FOX-CNN-MSNBC CNN/MSNBC said the name Trump many MANY MANY more times than the name Biden every hour.

FOX said the name Biden many more times than the name Trump.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Or someone else's body apparently. Even at the simplest level, it's half the dad's.

Whether government sanctioned one way or the other, it is taking a human life. External wombs and other weird science is only going to drive external viability right to conception, so at least they won't be able to use that argument anymore.

The real question has never been about whether it is taking a life or not, but whether people can feel all warm and fuzzy while they do it, and that's something they alone will have to deal with.
edit on 18-9-2023 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The percent of late term abortions is very small.

The LEFT are of the same mindset as the KKK and the Church of Satan. Both are extremely Pro-Abortion because 75% of murdered unborn in America are Black and Hispanic...Enemies of the KKK/CofS and apparently, Liberal Democrats too.

Pathetic and Sad.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The LEFT are of the same mindset as the KKK and the Church of Satan. Both are extremely Pro-Abortion because 75% of murdered unborn in America are Black and Hispanic...Enemies of the KKK/CofS and apparently, Liberal Democrats too.

Maybe we can test the accurracy of what I'm saying.

John Kennedy reads from 2 books for clarity on book banning.
edit on 18-9-2023 by Saloon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure why abortion is even an issue anymore since abortion pills are over-the-counter.

Before that we had:

Self-managed abortions are provided without a clinician visit.
Self-managed abortions typically involve obtaining medication abortion pills from an online pharmacy that will send the pills by mail or by purchasing the pills from a pharmacy in another country. This does not typically involve a direct consultation with a clinician either in person or via telehealth.

40% of abortions are performed at 6 weeks or earlier, and 39% between 7-9 weeks.

[www.kff.org...]

It's still a good topic for politicians to use for votes, so they'll continue using the topic to keep people divided as long as they can keep them following the news instead of thinking for themselves.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Or a mask.

Amazing how fast these clowns forget.

Normal people won’t forget that bullsh!t.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Or a mask.

I never supported vaccine mandates. I just found it silly that people were willing to throw away their careers over a needle.

You're really going to compare wearing a little mask over your mouth and nose to buy groceries to carrying a zygote/fetus/baby for 9 months? Aren't you also male? I always find that males make up for the majority of the anti-abortion crowd.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You're really going to compare wearing a little mask over your mouth and nose to buy groceries to carrying a zygote/fetus/baby for 9 months

Yes, specifically when you're talking about your version of civil rights.

When does the baby get rights?

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Most conservatives agree that the life of the mother takes priority, and an unviable fetus should be mercifully killed.

What do Democrats think?

I doubt you'll ever meet someone who supports elective abortions near the end of the pregnancy, or a woman who would carry a baby to term just to abort it. My stance on it is that it's none of my business unless it's my baby.

The notion that democrats support elective abortion at 9 months, or after birth, is indeed a lie.

thefederalist.com...

In fact, nearly every single elected Democrat supports forcing states to allow unborn children to be killed throughout all nine months of pregnancy. Given a choice of whether to vote for or against legislation requiring states to permit the killing of unborn children up to the moment of birth, nearly all elected Democrats vote enthusiastically for that.
When Trump referenced that some Democrats even support having newborn children die, Welker claimed no Democrat supports that. In fact, that was a major issue in 2019 in Virginia. A Democrat delegate in the Virginia legislature named Kathy Tran pushed legislation allowing abortion even when a mother is delivering a baby, to which Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam said in support of the legislation that if such a situation were taking place, the baby would be delivered and allowed to die.

a lot of Democrats are against any restriction on abortions.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Have a question about this first comment from Trump.

So you have Roe v. Wade, for 52 years, people including Democrats wanted it to go back to states so the states could make the right. Roe v. Wade – I did something that nobody thought was possible, and Roe v. Wade was terminated, was put back to the states.

Do Republican pro-lifers swear this will always be the case? What if states get into extradition battles because one state wants to punish it's residents for going to another? How does that go?

28 states allow abortion to at least 22 weeks. 6 allow pregnancy termination at any point. Will those states always be allowed to exist along side the 14 who made it "illegal with exceptions".

That's the fear with an unfavorable Supreme Court for liberals. That it's just a first step to a veiled theocracy and its only a matter of time before they vote 6-3 in favor of the state with the harsher laws. Like a tail wagging a dog to force a new Federal precedent ruling.

I hope the map is always allowed to color code itself in the tradition of states rights.
edit on 18-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I agree.

But they shouldn't be messing with another body then, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

When does the baby get rights?

If I may I'd like to offer my own mind set on this question citing
it's importance. And pondering it many times.

So for me a baby in the womb has had no experience outside the
womb. For only this reason I see that little baby inside it's mothers
womb. As having a greater right to life than anyone living outside
the womb. The youngest should be the most protected not the most
buthchered. Somehow humanity has even managed to get that ass
backwards. Futher more no one outside the womb has a right to say
what happens to any baby's body inside or outside the womb.

The baby's rights begin when a heartbeat is detected.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Can you imagine making your wife, your daughter, your sister, go through 9 months with an absolute NON viable
Baby because of your politics?

If we really want an honest discussion about abortion ....

... we might want to start listening to what each of us has to stay on the topic instead of continuing to talk past each other.

Why do pro-choice advocates continue to insist that the only reason pro-life advocates are so is because of misogynistic politics?

Why do pro-life advocates continue to insist that the pro-choice advocates are so because of irresponsibility and indifference to the childs life?

Why can't each side really listen to what the other has to say without reframing the others' argument to an easily dismissed stereotype?

Maybe when people can put aside their own self-importance, we can actually have a meaningful set of policies regarding abortion.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join