It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your oath doesn't count

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, not if you're a Leftist anyway. The governor of New Mexico instituted a gun ban and that was covered by Jinmi in another thread. This is about her being questioned about it's legality.

She was asked if it was Constitutional and had this to say...

www.foxnews.com...

"No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute," she retorted.

Didn't Biden say the same thing not long ago ?

This is the infuriating thing about the Democrats/Leftists. They hide behind the Constitution when it benefits their agenda, but walk all over it when it doesn't. When you take that Oath, whether it be as a soldier or politician, you uphold it. You don't manipulate it to fit your personal feelings.

Shall Not Be Infringed. So simple a child can understand it, but too difficult for the Leftists.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If their State legislature had any integrity she would be impeached on Monday.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Check your messages

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Am I correct in saying that one can still be armed, but that your weapon must unloaded and locked in a secure case, like a briefcase? Keep that bullet in your pocket like Barney Fife!

At any rate, this is a no good law for small businesses, like gas stations and convenience stores where the cashier should be able to be armed.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes, but what use is an unloaded gun locked up in a case ? Might as well have a pointy stick.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well, that's how she gets around the Constitution. But I doubt it'll hold up in court.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Well, that's how she gets around the Constitution. But I doubt it'll hold up in court.

What Constitution? Why even take an oath? She said it herself, "is not intended to be absolute".

Why do Democrats even pretend to be for the U.S., anymore?

Just admit that you hate the U.S. and want to destroy the foundation that's held it/us together?

Can you defend this, Sookie? You're one of their biggest cheerleaders. Tell us why you don't believe in the U.S. Constitution? Stop pretending and be honest with us.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

She doesn't understand that the Constitution and Bill of Rights exist specifically because the opinions of people like her are BS.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Forcing citizens to be dependent on federal resources for protection

Meanwhile weapons continue circulation in the criminal markets because why stop now

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Tell us why you don't believe in the U.S. Constitution?

Because it's over their heads.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SigmaXSquared

Forcing citizens to be dependent on federal resources for protection

Meanwhile weapons continue circulation in the criminal markets because why stop now

You don't understand. Here, I'll let an authority on the matter explain it to you...

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

If their State legislature had any integrity she would be impeached on Monday.

If the legislature doesnt, then the voters should get loud and if recall is an option start that for the governor and the legislature that chickened out.

ETA: Otherwise we chock up new mexico as california 2.0 just earlier in the collapse phase.
edit on 9-9-2023 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I mentioned this in the other thread….

This dimwit governor doesn’t understand that criminals are not going to stop carrying guns around because a Liberal idiot wants to violate the constitution.
How does she not have the intelligence to understand this?

The only people this hurts is gun owners with legal carry permits.

The 11 year old kid getting killed is absolutely tragic but this hurt feelz, unconstitutional knee-jerk reaction is outrageous.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It looks like a couple of them have a backbone. We'll see.

justthenews.com... _campaign=tr

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
States don't have the right to chose whether or not to abide by The Constitution.
Just more Liberal Loons showing their lunacy .
Is there a full moon ?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Not so much against the U.S. itself, but they're for their own version of it...

Rules that effect those who might disagree with their plans, no one else. A gun-owner, such as myself, might have weapons to defend himself against critters--both four and two legged--that might be wanting to hurt/rob me, or mine...those weapons , in their view could be used against them, and they simply can not have that hanging over their heads like a Sword of Damocles...nope.

Shall not be infringed...means nothing to people like this idiot governor, or some Congress critters, or a President with a dubious grip on reality.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   

What Constitution? Why even take an oath? She said it herself, "is not intended to be absolute".

The 2nd Amendment isn't absolute. Neither is any particular interpretation of the US Constitution. Even Supreme Court justices disagree, all the time.

There are legal no-gun zones, like courtrooms and such. Making a whole city gun restricted is quite the stretch though.

edit on 9-9-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

(post by watchitburn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Anti-American, anti-Constitution.

Is it okay to call them commies now?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Even gun-control fanatic David Hogg called her out. That says something.

twitter.com...

I support gun safety but there is no such thing as a state public health emergency exception to the U.S. Constitution.

edit on 9-9-2023 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join