It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chiron and Heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The geas has been lifted from me, that taboo against sullying the sacred. For to speak of such in half truth or prevarication of any sort would bring no good, only harm.

It was some time in 1997 or 1998 when Chiron, the noble centaur appeared in my apartment. He had the divine glow about him. The expression on his face though, not easily forgotten. It bespoke such nobility, wisdom, and knowing.

It is that knowing about which I write. What he knew that I would eventually come to know.

The story goes that Chiron, though inherently immortal by virtue of being a Titan, gave up that immortality so that Prometheus, the benefactor of mankind, could be released from his bonds. As a result Chiron ascended into the heavens to be seen as the constellation Centaurus.

What I now know is that constellations are only apparent. They are not actual celestial bodies. They only appear to be from vantage points on Earth.

In the same way, Chiron himself, standing in my apartment, giving that nod, was a temporary manifestation, apparently to teach me something. And he knew it. He knew that he was there temporarily, such a brief moment. And he didn't mind that at all.

So now I know that he knew that I would one day realize this.

What effect has this had upon my life? I can't recall any really terrible things that I've done since then. Sure, I've lost my mind a few times, but not in a shameful way, just regular madness which didn't come to hurt any one.

All the really hurtful things that I've done were prior to that. Shameful stuff.

Now that I've finally become free to write this, I feel free to come out from under the rock of the 1990s, to face a new day.

So, let's see, 2023? Shades of Rip Van Winkle! What in the World is going on?

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A little mood music.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Nice!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Thank you.
I was trying to find another song, something recent.
I found a song by Train that had all the right imagery that I was looking for Tears of Jupiter I think, but I didn't care for the POV of the voice.

So, as much as I want to move forward, I seem to be regressing to the oldies.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Now that I've read the background of the song, I realize that it is pretty awesome after all, even though it was produced in 2001.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Great, pthena! Mythology is always a classic source for a story.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

An apparition of Chiron? The Byzantine went through a lot of effort to erase the Hellenistic influence.

That's one of the more noble titans to make an appearance. A half-divine being's selfless sacrifice for a god(s) defying sinner cast down to hell? That's like a Nephilim trying to get lucifer allowed back into heaven.

And great story, but did you have to bring 4 Non Blondes from the 90's?
edit on 3-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

2023? Maybe these lyrics touch on it somewhat for some people. I too keep regressing back to the oldies, why? well they are awesome, but I want new awesome. Chiron also had wisdom and knowledge of medicine. Heaven...is this where we count stars?

Old, but I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
And I don't think the world is sold
On just doing what we're told
I feel something so right
Doing the wrong thing
And I feel something so wrong
Doing the right thing
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Yes it is. There's the Jungian following Shamanic path with gods and heroes as architypes.

But then there is the real, which surpasses the Jungian.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

did you have to bring 4 Non Blondes from the 90's?

Well yes. Because I'm not very advanced. I never even heard them in the '90s. Twenty years later maybe. I'm very slow on cultural things.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

First impression upon first listen.

A person at the stage of having been rebellious to establish self in the face of the World with its rules. Not quite ready to step into another phase.

The other, next, phase would be the ability to actually live by the rules and keep your self while doing that.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That's like a Nephilim trying to get lucifer allowed back into heaven.

Just so know, this deserves its own post.

Very different, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: quintessentone

First impression upon first listen.

A person at the stage of having been rebellious to establish self in the face of the World with its rules. Not quite ready to step into another phase.

The other, next, phase would be the ability to actually live by the rules and keep your self while doing that.

The rules are constantly changing on this merry go round we call life, so now I'll sit on the horse, then maybe next year on the rabbit and go down the rabbit hole again all by my SELF. lol
edit on q00000057930America/Chicago5151America/Chicago9 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

That's like a Nephilim trying to get lucifer allowed back into heaven.

Just so know, this deserves its own post.

Very different, to say the least.

I don't think that would go over well.

Just always seen parallel between the fire thief and light bringer.

I guess the difference being the selfishness of their actions. Both took issue with something. Both stood up to what they felt were injustices. One stole it for all the lowly mortals, one self immolated for himself for not bring treated as well as the lowly mortals.

Another difference being Prometheus was exonerated in mythology and Lucifer morphed into Satan.

From an archetypal standpoint they both have antihero qualities originally.

Where each story is today is a different narrative entirely.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

From an archetypal standpoint they both have antihero qualities originally.

Stand by ... gathering notes ...

If you remember the Luciferian thread, I wrote "Praise Inana".

Well, writing that had consequences. And the reply to Encia22 about getting past the Jungian to the real, has a very pedestrian origin.

The consequence was that I was compelled to read Inana's Descent to the nether world again. And inannas-descent-a-sumerian-tale-of-injustice.

So I read The Descent and noticed the similarity to Christian myth, 3 days 3nights dead on the hook, 2 Angels(sexless beings) attending the resurrection, other similarities.

A wicked scheme came into my mind, to make a parody, kind of poking fun at Christianity. But Inana intervened, and compelled me to read Tale of Injustice. Not just up to the Jungian part, but all the way to the final conclusion of the article.

Oh yes! Anti-heroes all, Inana, Gilgamesh, Prometheus, Chiron; but Chiron seems a slight bit better than the rest to me.
edit on 3-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   

That's how you know there's a reason for common stories. I think similar archetypes exist in every culture and it just comes out in slightly different ways.

And why can't stories also apply like archetypes. If we can collectively create characters we can create stories too. Jung wasn't irreligious enough. If he was a bit more Nietzschean he might have included common narratives for the archetypes to play in. And then something about a collective slave morality.

But I think it's fair. Creation stories, demigod stories, divine test stories, flood stories, divine apparition, and unsettled ghost stories are all too common across the board.

Everyone seems to cover the same bases.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

he might have included common narratives for the archetypes to play in.

To relate to the Train song that I posted. Common archetypal playground. Death of Mother, rapidly approaching midlife crisis, the intersection and clash of the two.

I could write a fairly straight, somewhat embellished, autobiographical story about that.

I have an outline in mind already, but it might have to wait. My Granddaughter is out to dinner with her Dad and his Girlfriend right now. When she gets back, it's Sniperwolf on Youtube, followed by Sun and Moon Show, also on Youtube.

That is if you would like to read such a thing.

Edit to add: Maybe another theme: Crisis of Faith, or how a Christian Elder and Adult Sunday School teacher came to Shamanism and other general Heathenish understandings of life.
edit on 3-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join