It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes an ATS member?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I found ATS while looking for conspiracy sites. What luck!

The draw here is that we all deny apathy. I dont know one single person i can discuss the things i discuss here . Seriously. They are all apathetic and oblivious to the world. They dont care about anything but their buffalo wings and beer on Friday nights. What a shame.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
As for the people I know, they call me crazy and say nothing bad like that could happen. But I know the truth, they're afraid of the truth. Most people these days truley believe that ignorance is bliss. I just tell them my signature;
"Ignorance is bliss, until the truth catches up with you."

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well, I've been an anti-UN (probably because I grew up in what was a UN Trust Territory), an anti-big government activist (I was state vice chair of the Arizona Libertarian Party), and an alternative energy weenie (because I used to work as a systems engineer for a PV company) for years and years. I guess those're my bona fides when it comes to logging in and blathering.

I consider 95 percent of the stuff discussed here either bogus or boring, but that same percentage holds true anyplace.

I don't think the ATS people are either smarter or stupider than the population at large; they just seem to have different (not necessarily more or less) hot buttons and irrational beliefs. My guess is that there are as many crazies outside ATS as inside it; it's just that the crazies here (you know who you are) seem a bit more comfortable about letting their guard down, which is cool.

Most of the stuff I read I ignore, and try to limit my comments to things I actually have some real knowledge of or am passionate about. My constant debunking whizzes a lot of people off, but some actually listen to some of the things I say, so I guess I get a C+ in the Mister Congeniality sweepstakes.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
This may sound hokey to some, but not to others. I sometimes wonder if we aren't brought together somehow for purposes that may be a bit beyond our mortal ken...

Totally, I agree.I bet most of us are people who have always wondered "why are we here"and are not afraid to question, unlike most sheeple whose main and only diet consists of Gov't pablum.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Offthe street-
You love us and you know it.

We may be the chosen ones, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Of course I do, dg; espcially when you're wearing that diabolical dress!!

Now here's something that'll really blow you away.

This is no joke; I amserious as a heart attack.

Ready?

I used to work at the Gentle Strength Co-op!

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
An A.T.S. member is one who never stops seeking the truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The absolute ability to conform while feeling that they do not. The ability to look at others and set themselves apart when they are just the same. The ability to have a relatively small amount of knowledge and think they know everything. The ability to change nothing on the grand scale of all things.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Things never happen by accident in my opinion. You came to this site as I did, because we were meant to all find each other. It is about learning, and seeking truth and discerning fact from fantasy. Taking that learning and moving on. As with all things, there is a purpose to us meeting at this time and in this place, we just have to find out what that is…

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Just to add to all the great points brought up, I think people here are very candid because we don't have to reveal all the little dirty details of our lives unless we want to. There's no visual prejudice or judgements of our personal history. We represent ourselves by our words and therefore can be open and honest about the things that are core to who we are.

Upon occasion, there is that miracle where someone's mind is opened up a bit, and we get to see a change in people. It's happened to me plenty of times and I try to bring it up when it does. I'm here to help that change in others as well if that is what they're looking for - the truth.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well lets see..

Being open minded but not believing everything without varifying after speculating.

Putting out your views and accepting other views from others.

Researching before asking anyone to consider what you write is truth, as you may have to back up a personal theory with references.

Always looking at both ends of the spectrum.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I stumbled upon ATS while looking up Bohemian Grove. I'm not sure if it is a location thing, but unlike what I have been reading there are a lot of people like myself where I live. I guess in a way I feel lucky because I know a lot of people who can share my point of view, or argue theirs, either which is fine by me. Don't get me wrong there are still plenty of mindless drones, who simply buzz around doing what they have always done. "Living the American Dream" if you will. Sometimes I feel bad because they will never see the world the way that I do. They live, they die, go to work, go to church and take there Prozac. Never once stopping to question why? Never accepting that maybe what the media or government tells us could be a lie. The elite in this world can and will do as they want. This is proved over and over again through out history. If the general public think that we are the exception to this rule they are sadly mistaken. What is even worse is while I do know a lot of people like myself they still do nothing to change the world. Everyone seems to talk a really good game, but there is no follow through. It makes me wonder what it will take for people realize that they need to stand up for what is right, and will be to late?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i found ATS originally by looking up stuff for ghosts then never came back for like a month then i found it again for the philidelphia experiment then for john titor and after john titor i started reading some threads then i eventually finally got my account

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Not that I believed he was right, but astonished how one person believes he knows all about Life, the Universe, and Everything. *picks up a Douglas Adam's book*. Oh, that bugger had me dreaming about him...that he called and told me to move to Arkansas as soon as I could. I guess that's what happens when you spend several hours a day reading sci-fi. *shrugs and goes back to reading Mostly Harmless*

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I found ATS while searching the web for time travel info. I checked through some of those threads, but was more interested in the other things I found here. Space exploration, conspiracy, but especially the physics related threads. Mind boggling stuff.

Then I wandered away for about a year, as I go through phases of different interests. I do not post alot, but rest assured I am soaking up info here like a sponge.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What makes an ATS member?

For myself, I am not that much of a heavy poster upon ATS, yet when I get the time to go online and research the stuff that interests me, thats when my mind really opens up. Well one day I was doing my usual online research about about UFO's, Aliens, End of Times, Space stuff and sure I came across this website. The ironic thing is, I am not even aloud to go on these type websites due to my backround and the nature of my job. I am in the U.S. Military (Air Force) and that should explain it all. Well not neccessarily, because you would think someone like me who is in the military would be in complete support of anything dealing with the government. Top Secret Alien projects, UFO's? Illuminati, 9/11, Moon Bases of sorts, whats that? I believe to disbelieve in it ALL!

News flash, I am about as against the military and the government more than anyone I know. My values and view points on life and the aspects of the universe I am interested in are completely open minded. I believe anything is infinitly possible, there are no bounderies of questioning if something is right or wrong, and if you can't accept the universe for what it is (TRUTH) than you have a hell of a lot more 'open-minded' development to go. If I were in the military or not, my views on life, open-mindedness, and overall attitude about top secret bull# that the government/world societies or those entities known as higher beings that is controlling this world (The Matrix) decides they should hide, would all still be the same regardless of who or what I am affiliated with. For all I care George W. Bush, my Commander in Chief (President of the U.S) could be an Alien disguised as human or better yet, the Anti-Christ, but that doesn't mean I won't believe or disbelieve that.

Its ALL TRUE AND POSSIBLE!

Eric ~ A.k.A ~ Airman Adamo

~ U.S. Air Force ~

[edit on 28-4-2005 by 2Super7E123]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Super7E123
News flash, I am about as against the military and the government more than anyone I know.

~ U.S. Air Force ~

I'm not going to comment....just gonna read these excerpts over and over again...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by 2Super7E123
News flash, I am about as against the military and the government more than anyone I know.

~ U.S. Air Force ~

I'm not going to comment....just gonna read these excerpts over and over again...

You should give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he joined the airforce when there was no sign of the current war. Most likely he is like many other Americans that joined the military on the premise that there education was going to be paid for. That was my plan, thankfully I didn't follow through, but if I had and I was fighting a war I would hate our Government just as much as I do now, if not more so.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I was looking for more info on American concentration camps.

I also like bouncing ideas off people.

My husband doesn't go for these Internet forums, he's convinced that Big Brother is watching, and I'm like, who cares--probably visiting one of these sites would probably put you on their list. They'd be after him eventually because he's a registered gun owner, if it's true that they'll try to totally trash our Second Amendment rights. But he does ask me for information.

My mother gets information from Mother Jones stuff. She knows something's up too.

As a Christian, I'm basically trying to watch for endtime events, and from what I've seen and heard, I'm convinced that we're pretty well in the last chapter of human history--or at least we're getting there fast. I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture just so you know.

I just now found out about Planet X, and apparently it's mentioned in Revelation and referred to as Wormwood. You know, I feel God is revealing a lot of stuff to me. I keep thinking He wants me to be ready.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I surfed upon this web site like I surfed upon other information. I read about top secret government bases and aircraft and about the Acclimation Program.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The rest is history. The daily discussions and ATSNN or news stories keep me coming back.

I hear news here before I hear it in the main stream media. I like that. The only other news source I have temporary free access to that delivers news I haven't heard before is the Financial Times. The news here is more interesting though.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by orionthehunter]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join