It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romania explosion: Huge blasts at fuel station kill two and injure dozens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Warning : may contain graphic images
There aren't any solid leads as to the cause of the explosions but there is anger in the region due to a lack of safety oversight by the government in Bucharest, this is reported after a fire last year that broke out in a local club due to the use of fireworks.
Obviously there will be more information as the time passes, I will update the thread when it becomes available.

Romania explosion: Huge blasts at fuel station kill two and injure dozens

At least two people died and 56 were injured after two blasts at a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) station in Romania.
The injured included 39 firefighters who went to the scene following the first explosion near the capital Bucharest on Saturday evening.]

Authorities do not yet know what caused the blast. Mr Arafat said the station was no longer in use and "did not have a permit to function", according to quotes reported by the Agence France-Presse news agency.

People within a 700-metre (almost half a mile) radius were initially evacuated from the area, with Mr Arafat warning there was a risk of another explosion.

Romania gas station hit by deadly explosions

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Yikes.

Hopefully they get under control without any more injuries.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I agree
there are reports of a third tank of LPG on the site and fire fighters are still present

Death Toll In Romania Explosion Raised To Two As Some Injured Are Transferred Abroad

Arafat said the station, which sold liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) for household appliances and some vehicles, had been operating without a license in Crevedia, a town about 20 kilometers northeast of Bucharest.

Crevedia Mayor Florin Petre told PROTV that the station had been closed down in 2020.

The building is owned by a company called SC Flagas, which is controlled by Ionut Doldurea, the son of the mayor of Caracal, a city about 75 kilometers west of the capital.

The first explosion touched off a massive fire, while a second explosion came later as rescue workers were battling the blaze.

I did a quick search of the company and owner
but all i get from goggle is south carolina flags....smh
i did ifnd two facebook links, i am not sure if the image of the station is the one in question, sorry but im not posting the one linking the owners personal FB page

www.facebook.com...
edit on 27am31800000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

join