It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move Over Reno 911 Introducing Seattle 911

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: PorkChop96

One fellow was basically Mike Tyson with a knife.

It's the description that's amusing. I wish I could apologise for the system.

She absolutely lost her mind and took off barefoot down a gravel road for a mile or so before we found her in the fetal position bawling like a toddler.

Dude. That's just too funny.
edit on 24-8-2023 by Dalamax because: Putting my lol's in one post

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: PorkChop96

One fellow was basically Mike Tyson with a knife.

It's the description that's amusing. I wish I could apologise for the system.

She absolutely lost her mind and took off barefoot down a gravel road for a mile or so before we found her in the fetal position bawling like a toddler.

Dude. That's just too funny.

Yeah, I actually befriended that guy, he wanted to be kind, he really was, but at a certain point, if pushed too far, ho could snap. When I was let out, I called is halfway house (to get his wallet brought to the jail) where he had held a knife to someone’s throat that had pushed him too far.

It was a huge eye opener being in there, so many of those in there were pre-schizophrenic, working in health my whole life I recommended a good b-complex to 3 guys, one of whom thanked me at court.

It’s a pity, but I suspect very poor nutrition is a major contributor to the poor mental health of a number of criminals.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I’ve been a cop responding to a call with a mental health and/or substance abuse suspect involved. I’ve been to hundreds of such calls.

As people have pointed out, things often escalate very quickly; there’d be no time for effective police response. Heck, countless times we have “gone from zero to 100” in approximately one second, where the officer speaking to the suspect was attacked unexpectedly and nearby officers had to pause what they were doing to provide backup.

As careful as I am, at least three times in my career things got out of hand so fast that I didn’t have time to radio for help until I had the suspect subdued. Literally less than one second from having a calm conversation with a suspect to “going hands on” or whatever the appropriate level of force was.

It’s absolutely incomprehensible to me that anyone would want to be put in the position of taking that risk without exhaustive self-defense training, situational awareness training, and at least some form of weapon. I wouldn’t do that sort of unarmed response crap unarmed for any amount of money.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker
I appreciate your service more than you know, particularly after the events of a few years ago. I’m honestly a better human for the experience, but as I mentioned no untrained social worker should EVER be sent in your stead.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join