It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going On a HUnger Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm 74 most of you know this. Last May 2nd everyone that lives and works in this apartment building was told we would be moving out of here by Oct. 2023. That the company that owns this building (an historical landmark; built in 1916 is going to be renovated and repared.

They hired a company to find us new housing and move each of us....trouble is I have a (housing choicin e vouicher) the kind where I can move anywhere in the U.S.

I like the city I live in so I am staying here. It is almost Sept. and no one has been moved as yet...I've been looking on my own...but no luck yet; I've also been working with the housing authority and the other company. I''ve got all my paperwork in everything I am supposed to do. I have lived in my apartment for 27 years...now I have to leave wether I want to or not.

I am disabled too and I do my best, my rent is alwats paid; I am a good tenet. The company that owns this building is in the business of housing poor people and saving people off the streets.

I am so sad and hurt.
edit on 18-8-2023 by alexandrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae

Do you have any family/friends that would be willing and able to help? Now is the time to ask for help.
You will find another place to live. It's maybe nice with a fresh start. We do tend to get stuck in a rut as we get older and stay with what's safe and comfortable. Also, look into any programs to help seniors with moving, might exists.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

No I dont...they are all dead; thanks for the sauggestion.
edit on 18-8-2023 by alexandrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Damn the man! Save the empire!

Hope it works out for you. Crappy situation.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So very sad to hear that Alexandrae. That's quite a blow to absorb. Please keep us informed how it works out.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I feel your pain brother. I’ve got to be out of my house in 3 weeks from today. The reason being my landlord’s want to renovate, then turn it into a vacation rental - like everyone else in town.

I still have no idea where I’m going to live in 3 weeks. I was supposed to be out at the end of June. Thankfully, none of the contractors could start the project that soon, so the landlord gave me extra time.

It’s getting real…
edit on 18-8-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Damn the man! Save the empire!

Hope it works out for you. Crappy situation.

My absolute favorite movie. Well, that and Elvira Mistress of the Dark…

Have you been bought out or…how is that happening? They’re not renewing your lease?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I feel your pain brother. I’ve got to be out of my house in 3 weeks from today. The reason being my landlord’s want to renovate, then turn it into a vacation rental - like everyone else in town...

...It’s getting real…

Dang, K-LOC, I'm starting to wish I skipped ATS today. Not really though because it gives me opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate your input on the boards. And I'm pretty dang sure you're the kind of cat that will turn the inconvenience into a win.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexandrae
I'm 74 most of you know this. Last May 2nd everyone that lives and works in this apartment building was told we would be moving out of here by Oct. 2023. That the company that owns this building (an historical landmark; built in 1916 is going to be renovated and repared.

They hired a company to find us new housing and move each of us....trouble is I have a (housing choicin e vouicher) the kind where I can move anywhere in the U.S.

I like the city I live in so I am staying here. It is almost Sept. and no one has been moved as yet...I've been looking on my own...but no luck yet; I've also been working with the housing authority and the other company. I''ve got all my paperwork in everything I am supposed to do. I have lived in my apartment for 27 years...now I have to leave wether I want to or not.

I am disabled too and I do my best, my rent is alwats paid; I am a good tenet. The company that owns this building is in the business of housing poor people and saving people off the streets.

I am so sad and hurt.

I sympathize with your situtataion. I don't think a hunger strike will move a big corporate equity corporation one iota.

Another win for Lasse Faire Capitalism. Profit over People always.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I feel your pain brother. I’ve got to be out of my house in 3 weeks from today. The reason being my landlord’s want to renovate, then turn it into a vacation rental - like everyone else in town...

...It’s getting real…

Dang, K-LOC, I'm starting to wish I skipped ATS today. Not really though because it gives me opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate your input on the boards. And I'm pretty dang sure you're the kind of cat that will turn the inconvenience into a win.

Thank you, GUT. I take that as a HUGE compliment coming from you! I very much appreciate you as well, as I’ve already expressed🍻

Ya know, I thought I would find something fast. They gave me ample notice back in mid-April. I was supposed to be out at the end of June, then they extended me for 30 days. Then again at the end of July they extended me for another 38 days. Here I am 4 months later with nada. I’m pretty sure I’m out of get out of jail free cards. Should be a very interesting next month or so….

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Please be careful. We had a case recently were the victim was shot and left for dead after being sexually assaulted by the landlord obtained by an online Web site.

The wolves are out in full force. Be diligent. Old and kind does not mean safe.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I wish for you, to find a comfy new place you can make your home ♥.

Going on a hunger strike being 74 year old is, with all respect, not a good idea. Please take care of your health. Consider that you would not get rest living in the middle of a construction site.

Think where you're going in your life, not where you were, maybe that helps a bit?

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The same thing occurred in the city I live in; The residents were all moving in all at once depending on their care levels of with and without assistance as it was required to the new building at the location.

When they know you'll know if you get delivered meals like the "meals on wheels" program then they may know more than the office workers etc as it's likely they will be serving there just the same as the current location as they wouldn't want any service gaps in food deliveries.

If you get other services at where you are located then it may be up to you to let them know of the location change to continue those services... But the "meals on wheels" program serves all the locations whereas the in home sort of hospices and health cares don't unless notified due to insurance paying for that instead of the ones the city does as programs for the homeless, needy and elderly.

edit on 19-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: clarity

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Whatever your future holds for you i truly only wish you the best from myself, Stay strong

All the best

new topics

top topics

join