It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Land of Nod - YSM2023

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Thanks very much, Terpene.

I haven't read that book, in fact, I've hardly read anything... just tech and motorsport magazines and some Shakespeare & Dante.

However, I'm probably heavily influenced by TV, films and natural history documentaries. I'm more visual than literary, and am slowly learning to translate what I see in my mind into prose.

edit on 19/8/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That's comforting to know, nugget1. I never thought I'd write something that would touch and inger in people's lives.

The ending was not planned, it came to me as I wrote it. At a certain point I thought to myself if the scenario was really a dream. Perhaps if it were real, then maybe it had already happened before to other ancestors. That's when the grandmother angle came to me.

Maybe it's a bit Peter Pan influenced, even if I wasn't thinking about that story at all. My subconscious probably took over at that point.

Also, it's strange, when I read the story again, I don't feel that I wrote it; I mean, I remember researching and writing it, but the final product seems alien to myself.

Do you get the same sensation from the art/writing projects you've done?

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Also, it's strange, when I read the story again, I don't feel that I wrote it; I mean, I remember researching and writing it, but the final product seems alien to myself.

Do you get the same sensation from the art/writing projects you've done?

Absolutely! I know when I'm 'in the zone'; every just pours out without any brainpower input from me!
Poe, Tesla, Franklin and oh so many more have said their greatest works/inventions have come from some kind knowledge source outside themselves. Carl Jung refers to it as 'the collective consciousness'. I can always teel if 'i' am writing/creating something, or if I'm tapping into some kind of energy ]outside' of my undestaning.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That's reassuring to know. I thought I was slightly deranged - to add to being slightly autistic, slightly dyslexic, slightly blind and slightly old. I wish I were slightly rich, too!

Ok, The Zone, yes, that sounds exactly like what I experience. You've given me some new study material... Cheers.

edit on 19/8/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join