It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British View on America and America's on China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Oh that's just their generational culture I stay out of the Y's and afters business of that.

I just see it as disrespectful getting into it... Like when people used to and still get into the one called generation X's business 1970-80 the X meaning 10 for the ten years or decade.

Honestly my parents are so dependent and codependent as if they were always spoiled little children where I and siblings were always the adult... It's easy to feel 500 years old and a day and not really had childhoods.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I lived and worked in China (Bejing) And I love it there most of the time. The people are friendly, and I never felt scared waking the streets of Beijing, and never had any issues at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We actually largely like the USA. Same lingo. Similar culture. Same religions. On a personal level................... I love your cars and trucks, like your music, think you are largely a force for good in the world acknowledging you saved our neck of the woods twice last century, marvel at how America each generation re-invents itself to stay leader of the pack, your cinema is first class, love your regional accents especially the Bronx from New York. Totally awesome. Negatives................... To me you really need to give Russia and China a little breathing room and respect they have their near abroad. Also their peoples have their pride. By surrounding both nations with masses of US bases and armor I'm not so sure any real good can come of it but conflict down the line as we see in Ukraine. A balance of power is needed on our planet Earth. Weighing up concluded. I'm slightly biased as one of your G.I's sired my grandma and created my mum pre 1944 D Day landings. God Bless America. For the most part we love the States

<< 1   >>

join