It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typhoon Doksuri --- Devastating Floods Captured --- Intentional Flooding of populated areas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hebei Province in northern China has been hit hard by flooding caused by Typhoon Doksuri.
The region affected is near the Capitol Beijing.

There are many videos from last weekends major storm and rainfall that has casue severe flooding across the region.
Seeing some of these videos at first I found Hard to believe was from rainfall alone as it reminded me of footage from Katrina in Louisiana after the levies had failed, or of footage of the 2011 Tsunami in Japan.
Some of the reports are of Beijing intentionally diverting flood waters into populated areas to avert the capitol from being flooded.
There are videos of protesters reportedly making demands of the government to give them housing due to the lack or absence of any warning of these events.

As of now the best reports I could find were that 29 people have died and a further 16 are missing.
All this happened last weekend and the entire area was under threat of another major storm hitting them this weekend, i have not seen any reports of those events.

Watch and see for yourself, the images are astounding and the reports are incredible, I hope they are not true.

China: Flood victims in 'sacrificed' areas remain bitter

To protect Beijing, several less densely populated surrounding areas were deliberately flooded during the historic early August rainstorm.

CNN's signal cut in China during flooding report

State media reported on Friday that rescue crews are still searching for 16 people missing in the storm that has brought on the most severe rainfall since records began 140 years ago.
Official news agency Xinhua reported the province’s reconstruction is expected to take two years to complete. Initial estimates showed its direct economic losses amounted to $13.2bn (95.8 billion yuan), state media China News Service said.

Preliminary estimates announced showed 3.9 million residents, or about 5 percent of the province’s population, were affected by the floods and more than 40,000 houses collapsed, it said.

A further 155,500 houses and facilities that provided electricity and communications were seriously damaged. Hundreds of thousands of hectares of crops were ruined in the province.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm becoming increasingly suspicious that our Cold War includes weather warfare with both sides playing climate chess.
edit on 13-8-2023 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I cant say it is not plausible, IMO

Years of research with HAARP, cloud seeding and chemtrails wasn't just make suspicious people more suspicious.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT
The thought crossed my mind a while back.

Thank you datguy for posting and yes very reminicent of the Japanese tsunami, gave me shivers.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe less than 50 people were killed.

As for weather wars, what's the purpose of an entity or nation zapping China and causing floods, when they have had massive floods throughout their history? Before the Three Gorges Dam was completed there were theories it would increase flooding.

Respectfully if they can pinpoint and cause that amount of destruction, to do what? mke. few extra bucks on the futures markets? or is it something more sinister?

Make no sense, unless its some kind of hidden agenda BS,

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Respectfully if they can pinpoint and cause that amount of destruction, to do what? mke. few extra bucks on the futures markets? or is it something more sinister?

Not saying it's the case here but I'm not saying it's not either.

However, if you're the M.I.C. there's every reason to develop, test, and use it. Especially considering the science is there and therefore achievable.

Teller & others considered it the ultimate weapon and a top priority after the Manhattan Project and it's pretty conclusive that weather manipulation became the new Manhattan Project.

Can you really not see the vast potentialities of weather as a weapon?

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There is a rather large body of very well researched articles on weather manipulation and warfare.

The absolutely astonishing weather we see now is due to climate engineering, its one of the reasons rigs are so often spared massively damaging storms - also, climate scientists do NOT test for microscopic particles under a certain size, such as for microplastics and certain particulates that are EVERYWHERE.

Instead we're fed news stories about 'freak' weather that just pops out of nowhere and it's somehow Daves fault for driving to work in a Renault that's got a 16 plate!

This whole area of study needs a massive overhaul. They're 100% lying to us about this. I think what we're seeing is the deliberate destruction of certain areas that may pose a threat to the 'new order'....

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I'm becoming increasingly suspicious that our Cold War includes weather warfare with both sides playing climate chess.

So you don't think that increasing the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere over the last 100 years or so has anything to do with it?

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   
One of the few things every human needs to survive is food.

Controlling the weather used to be touted as a benefit for humanity, bringing rain to arid areas allowing for more crops to be grown. Nations used to put forth efforts to feed starving countries.

Now we see land grabs and food wars

"He who controls the spice, controls the universe"

reply to: 1947boomer

I think this is only a fraction of what is causing climate change.
Have humans gone and messed up the atmosphere? Absolutely

Are humans responsible for changes in the sun, or waning ice caps, absolutely not. were not that special
edit on 13pm31600000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe less than 50 people were killed.

As for weather wars, what's the purpose of an entity or nation zapping China and causing floods, when they have had massive floods throughout their history? Before the Three Gorges Dam was completed there were theories it would increase flooding.

So people are forced to move out of urban/country areas into the same densly populated nightmare cities. Easier to control : 15 minutes cities

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

So you don't think that increasing the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere over the last 100 years or so has anything to do with it?

In addition to somewhere around 45 nuclear tests in the Marshall Islands alone (land, sea, air) and wide-spread war stuffs and a multitude of other stoopid and ill-advised projects? Not to mention volcanoes and the undeniable historical evidence of natural climate change. Nah. Not comparatively.

edit on 13-8-2023 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   
They govt diverted the water to save beijing and did nothing for the affected areas. The govt is also hamstringing anyone trying to hep the victims. So sad.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Possible, but this event doesn’t exactly scream anything crazy out the ordinary suggesting that it was developed/triggered by any nation.

As past history shows that typhoons were in the area. Being a really bad one as it may be.

Who knows? But doesn’t seem like it’s weather warfare triggered one. IMO a bit more of a pattern with constant hits in the area then it would raise eyebrows more.

For example, the 1935 Labor Day Hurricane still holds as one of the lowest barometric pressure hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico on record.

The Great Labor Day Hurricane of 1935 was, for several decades, the most intense Atlantic hurricane on record in terms of barometric pressure, until surpassed by Hurricane Gilbert in 1988,[1] the strongest Atlantic hurricane on record in terms of 1-minute sustained winds, until surpassed by Hurricane Allen in 1980, and the strongest at landfall by 1-minute sustained winds, until it was tied by Hurricane Dorian in 2019. The fourth tropical cyclone, third tropical storm, second hurricane, and second major hurricane of the 1935 Atlantic hurricane season, it is one of four Category 5 hurricanes on record to strike the contiguous United States, along with Hurricane Camille (1969), Hurricane Andrew (1992), and Hurricane Michael (2018).

edit on 13-8-2023 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Not a great source, but did watch a video that claimed China sent demolition teams to a rural provience to blow the dikes they had built to drain floodwaters away from high ranking party officials homes/offices.

Threw up in my mouth a bit watching it.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

CO2 currently makes up 0.04% of our atmosphere. That's up 50% since the start of the Industrial period.
How about stopping chopping down our forests, also due to the industrial revolution.... no trees, no oxygen.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Not saying it's the case here but I'm not saying it's not either.

However, if you're the M.I.C. there's every reason to develop, test, and use it. Especially considering the science is there and therefore achievable.

Teller & others considered it the ultimate weapon and a top priority after the Manhattan Project and it's pretty conclusive that weather manipulation became the new Manhattan Project.

Can you really not see the vast potentialities of weather as a weapon?

There is a difference between theoretical weather manipulation and being able to pinpoint and start and stop a particular weather event beyond cloudseeding.

Cause the suggestion or inference here is somebody is zapping China, one would think it isn't China zapping China, then who is zapping China? India? America?

and again for what exactly? and how exactly?

Doesn't this sound more plausible and likely than a Dr Evil scenario? They would have to be able to start and steer typhoons. We could barely track and shoot down a China spy balloon.

Could they zap a tropical low and increase its intensity? maybe but where its going would be up to chance

www.reuters.com...

WHAT HAPPENED IN 1963?
Five rivers flow into the Hai river basin, the largest natural drainage system in northern China. The basin includes Beijing, Hebei province and the big port city of Tianjin.

In August 1963, the area was drenched by historic rainstorms, with 22 million people affected by flooding that killed 5,030 people and forced millions from their homes. More than 53.6 million acres of farmland, or 76% of the sown area, was inundated.

In response, Mao Zedong, the founder of modern China, ordered that millions work to bring the Hai river basin under "permanent control", raising thousands of kilometres of embankments and building new reservoirs and reinforcing old ones.

CURSE OF URBANISATION
Since then, China's urban population has soared, from just 16% of the population to 64% in 2022. The Hai basin is now home to 25 large and medium-sized cities.

Rapid urbanisation has meant the spread of impermeable concrete surfaces and reduced natural wetlands and marshes that had in the past absorbed rain.

Urban migration has brought a construction boom in low-lying areas, including in flood storage areas and near lakes and rivers.

China's Soviet-era urban drainage systems of shallow buried pipes leaves cities vulnerable to waterlogging during heavy rain, in contrast with cavernous underground storm "corridors" in cities such as Tokyo.

Since 2015, some 30 Chinese cities including Beijing and Tianjin have tested various flood mitigation systems, including permeable asphalt and pavements to slow water run-off but severe floods have raised doubts about their effectiveness

edit on 14-8-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The Earth makes adjustments to regulate the environment for the benefit of all life. It does not care where we live or how much money we have invested in everything we do.

We abuse this place and everything suffers accordingly, but natural environmental cycles elude us, since we have not been around long enough to understand them.

When certain cycles synchronize, they resonate.

We are a part of that, but certainly not anywhere near all the change that is going on.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

I have personally believed weather manipulation has been being used for years to cause problems all over the world.
I could be wrong but i would not put it past all the current governments.

All the best

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here is a little update I found with an increase of the numbers of dead and missing

new topics

top topics

join