It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starter Homes Where have they all Gone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Not to worry, the New World order said in the future we will own nothing and be happy. I can hardly wait to see what the new definition of happy is going to be.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

You can imagine what new construction would cost for even a home of this size, when existing homes (even "fixer uppers")are going for prices like this.

Up until recently it was actually cheaper to build new if you werent going 4500 sq feet 5 bed 3 bath type construction in central alaska.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

G'day my Resident ATS Reporter! You're always on top of the stories every day. Every darn day! Took a bit to realize your efforts...now I look for ya!!! I digress...

We hv log cabin in Mio/Huron National Forest. AFrames still abundant, and popular.

The costs used to be under like $15k...you put it together...I really don't know now..but I thought...now with lumber prices..I thought starter frame- homes are around $25-40k now.

Home Depot (some)...now sell starter tiny homes. Pretty cool...cya...
šŸ˜ŽāœŒļø

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
What we need to realize is we don't have a housing shortage...we have an illegal immigration problem. Take care of that and magically the housing shortage disappears

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OdinsPath
a reply to: JAGStorm
What we need to realize is we don't have a housing shortage...we have an illegal immigration problem. Take care of that and magically the housing shortage disappears

I knew illegals impacted housing but didnā€™t realize how much.

Right now they estimate there are between 10 and 12 million illegals in the US. Itā€™s probably more.
It is estimated there is about 4 million housing units lackingā€¦
So if we could just half the illegal population that would free up a tremendous amount of housing.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Illinois has cheap houses for sell as well. This is where I will probably be moving to soon. So it's good news for me.
www.propertyshark.com... iplex%2C+Mobile%2C+Recreational&search_mode=location&RedirectToDirectory=on&page=1&sort_by=ASC_price&SelectedView=listings&LocationGeoId=40&location_c hanged=&ajax=1

top topics

<< 1   >>

join