It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

360 YSM2023 writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The warm autumn air had everyone in a good mood. It was Halloween and the weather was unseasonably warm. This seemed to bring out everyone for the festivities. People everywhere were getting ready for trick-o-treaters. They were putting up more decorations, carving pumpkins and of course getting candy ready. You could feel the excitement. The sun beamed a soft warmth but there was still a slight wind that swirled the colorful leaves, they were spinning as if they were actually alive. The little leaf tornado they made was mesmerizing. The veil really did feel thinner.

Slowly the sun started setting and the darkness of night was almost there. Night air just had a different feel, it was thinner and easier to breath. There was a energy to it that was hard to describe, a little scary but exciting at the same time. Halloween being my favorite holiday I decided to go all out. I dressed the house from top to bottom. A giant glowing spiderweb graced the house, purple and orange lights provided a soft glow. This year I decided to go even further by dressing up as a scare crow and scaring kids and adults alike.

The night went as planned. Hoards of people dressed in costume ushered in an out begging for more candy. When they walked up the drive I said "boo" and the reactions were priceless. Some shrieked in horror, some didn't even flinch. I loved it all. Finally full darkness was upon us and the warmth of the day seemed to dissappear in a flash. There were only a few stragglers left, mostly teens. I was almost ready to close up for the night when one final trick-o-treater arrived, dressed in a homemade basic vampire costume. I didn't say a thing and just pretended to be part of the decorations. The teen grabed a handful of candy and started walking, but what happened next left me utterly speechless...

I will never forget it as if time stood still. The teen walked, almost light as air as there didn't seem to be walking sounds. Then it happened. Its head turned 360 degrees. If that wasn't bad enough there was a glimmer to his eyes, not quite red, but not quite human either. It appears he sensed someone was watching and his reaction was instinctual but he couldn't see me. I froze and my eyes and mind couldn't come to terms with what I had just witnessed. I had heard legends that Alls Hallowed Eve was the one day the undead, monsters, creatures, and spirits could mingle with the living. Was it true? Was this the reason my grandma always made me wear my special spinning pendant on my necklace?

The End

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That was nicely done, put me in mind of that quantum leap episode when they went to rescue the horror writer

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Enthralling, Jag. A perfect story for retelling around a campfire.

Perhaps the spirit was longing for some aniseed twist candy from yesteryear. I would come back from the other side for those.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Amazing!!!

new topics

top topics

join