It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court reinstates major gas pipeline in blow to environmental groups

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Eh, most of the workers I’ve talked to don’t seem elated. Most of them aren’t anywhere close to their families and are based out of a camper or hotel room.

I doubt we’ll even see a drop in natural gas prices. I find it convenient it butts up against the Atlantic coast pipeline which will make it easy to export, which is my guess for what will happen eventually with a lot of it since the spot price is higher for nations without the resource.

We’re certainly in agreement for hating how eminent domaine is handled these days. It’s toothless. It doesn’t take into account the people it’s expressed on, and it doesn’t even guarantee the greater populace will benefit. I was wrong in that I said there are no winners, I suppose Dominion Energy may come out on top after this.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The same happened in NC, back in the day, in Wake County.

Pay attention, VinFast is doing the same.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It’s a blow anyone under age 25. Enjoy going outside as much as you can. We’re going to blow through the 2.5 C point of no return. If you live near the coast move before your property values plummet. If you live near a flood zone ditto. Don’t bother arguing with me, that won’t save you. Nothing will. We blew it

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Propane has very low level of NOx compounds. It’s cleaner burning and portable. A sane administration would have made propane a “bridge fuel” to get us fully to renewables in 40 or 50 years.

America is the Saudi Arabia Of propane

The pipeline is the single cheapest way to move a product. And less prone to spillage. It’s better than shipping, it’s better than trucking, it’s better than canals and barges.

The whole profit-making thing sucks.

The prime example is Jerry Jones seizing dozens of homes around the new cowboys stadium. Some of those homeowners had already turned their property into a rental parking lotS. So Jerry had the property seized, and the homes bulldozed, for the “development “of the cowboy stadium. Eventually the land was turned into… Parking lots... owned by Jerry Jones.

It was so unpopular, that’s the next governor signed a bill into law that they have to be a special commission of examiners on a private entity does Immanent domain. The landowner can force some of the commissioners to be recused, and the deal has to be reviewed by the state Attorney General. And all that by a republican state government
edit on 1-8-2023 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2023 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join