It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

think about these questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
here are some questions my friend and i came up with:
jesus was killed by the romans, yet the head of the catholic and christian religion is based in rome.
the churches disapprove of inbreeding, but they believe that we came from adam and eve. 2 people. that mens that the children would have to breed with each other, so in a way we are all inbreds.
what about the commandment about not killing. the church begins "holy wars" and is an avid supporter of them, yet they belive in not killing a person.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
man don't bother with that .. we're all inbreds

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
only in Utah my friend only in Utah.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
heres another one i came up with *just filling my forum up with spam but anyway* in noahs flood, the world was covered with water correct? where did all the water go? if the icecaps melted, and the clouds dissappeared, there wouldnt be nearly enough water to cover the earth. also if the world was underwater all the trees would drown, and a whole race of fish would be dead: if it rained and rained for 40 days and 40 nights, the sea would become too fresh and all salteater fish would die. if it rained for 40 days and 40 nights and the water miraculosly stayed saline, the fresh water fish would die, yet we still have an ample variety or each

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Actually part of the whole thing was that the romans (Pilate) washed his hands of Jesus because he believed he did nothing. It was the Jews of that time that had Jesus killed because he was blasphemous to their religion. The resulting wars and crusades and terrible things the Jews had gone through as a result of this at the hands of christians who blame them for the killing of Jesus were absolutely terrible something that Pope JPII apologized for repeatedly.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLARRGH
here are some questions my friend and i came up with:
jesus was killed by the romans, yet the head of the catholic and christian religion is based in rome.

The Jews and Romans both put Jesus to death. In other words Jews and Gentiles. These 2 groups make up all the people in the world. They are representatives of the world. So who killed Jesus? I did, my sin put Him on the cross and so did yours and everyone else's.

This is blunt but the catholic church is not Biblical. The catholic church is based in Rome, but christianity is based in christian men and women saved through Christ.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
]

[edit on 10-4-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLARRGH
in noahs flood, the world was covered with water correct? where did all the water go? if the icecaps melted, and the clouds dissappeared, there wouldnt be nearly enough water to cover the earth. also if the world was underwater all the trees would drown, and a whole race of fish would be dead: if it rained and rained for 40 days and 40 nights, the sea would become too fresh and all salteater fish would die. if it rained for 40 days and 40 nights and the water miraculosly stayed saline, the fresh water fish would die, yet we still have an ample variety or each

The Bible tells us that the terrain of the earth was different before the flood than after. Mountains rose up and ocean basins sank and were formed and the water receeded into them. All fish were not killed and gradual salt changes came and sea life adapted to them. I would imagine seeds remained dormant in the ground during the flood.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
One thing you have to take in consideration about the flood thing, is that if it happend it would be through the supernatural. If god has the power to make all that water, then surely he has the power to make it go away again.

It's just silly to try and compare the supernatural to the natural.

But as Skully in the x-files once said: "There is no supernatural, only things sience can't yet explain."

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
One thing you have to take in consideration about the flood thing, is that if it happend it would be through the supernatural. If god has the power to make all that water, then surely he has the power to make it go away again.

It's just silly to try and compare the supernatural to the natural.

But as Skully in the x-files once said: "There is no supernatural, only things sience can't yet explain."

well than skully was living inside a box, and not within reality. I am sure we have all experienced something supernatural, whether freightening or exciting. I know I have experienced many of both.

join