It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to freeze Ukraine war and stop the killing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   
So he's proposing a ceasefire. If Ukraine don't agree, then not a single bullet will be sent and Ukrainians will be left fighting with sticks and stones. No European country will send a single bullet either if their America boss says no. If Russia don't agree, then Trump hints at sending something big like nuclear bombs to Ukraine and Ukraine throw nukes on Moscow. He says he can have a ceasefire within 24 hours. We shall see if he can deliver.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shalao

So he's basically going to pull a Joe Biden by withholding resources from Ukraine until they agree to his demands.

Well... It's worked before!

Also, the way he's describing war sounds an awful lot like how Kamala explains things.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

Ukraine's weapons factories were bombed, not that there were many in the first place. Without American weapons and without European weapons, Ukrainians have no choice but to fight with sticks and stones.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   
FED Troll says what? a reply to: CloneFarm1000

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:28 AM
link   

SO he will give nukes to ukraine if russia refuses to sit down. good idea.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Why wouldn't Russia sit down to talk peace, they have been saying for some time it can only happen when the Americans allow it. When an actual leader is in charge and not some corporate puppet of the defense, pharma, and finance industries , we will see an approach that is not about sacrificing the society of a foreign land for the sake of share prices and market domination.

I been stocking up on dry foods anticipating the return of heavy inflation in the fall. Hopefully this gold back alternative currency thing will have only a minimal effect on the dollar this year.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Idiotic, nothing new here.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Bollocks to a ceasefire without Russia withdrawing to the previously recognised borders.
That's what Ukraine wants so that's what we should respect.
Let's not forget Russia is the invader here, anything other than withdrawal is bowing down to Russian aggression and bullying and rewarding them for attacking a non-threatening independent nation.

Trump?
He said he could end the war in minutes....and then produced nothing of substance or value to support that claim.

And if Russia won't talk?
Putin has always stated his pre-condition to any talks is that Ukraine recognises Luhansk, Donetsk and Crimea as part of Russia and Ukraine agrees to permanent neutrality and not seek membership of NATO.
Trumps solution: Let's take the world one step closer to a nuclear holocaust.

Seems a bit like the options suggested are either capitulate and Fold or go All In.
May work in a game of poker but its slightly different when the stakes are significantly higher.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Ukraine does not have an independent foreign policy at this time. lately it seems neither does the UK ...
So Russia is not withdrawing so your solution would be to go all in is that right?? European and Russian cities and overseas American bases on fire with bombs dropping everywhere. We should do this for some parcels of land in what was one of the top five most corrupt countries on Earth (still is). A government that is also not only prosecuting journalism for critical viewpoints but even executing some. No opposition parties anymore. Religious freedom now under attack.

That's really classy of you to support all that. I mean Russia, yes they are e what they are. But you want to go to war with them in support of an even more oppressive government than that??

Russia has no reason to surrender that land just as much as Turkey is not inclined to surrender what they have occupied in North Syria or Azerbaijan has gained from Armenia.
It's WW3 bruh, and the borders have changed around the world. Probably will continue too for another decade.

It's good though, for the world to be at war, so we can point at Russia, call them the bad guy, give them our two minutes hate and feel better about ourselves. Well, in your case anyways.

Myself?? I support selling Ukraine all the weapons they are willing to sell their national industries for and pay with interest for the next hundred years if need be. Good for my retirement. But, I would prefer to see slavs stop killing each other because European monarchs are trying to hold on to their modern colonialism and power through global finance domination.

This is just like Latin America post WW2. Pillage national resources, get the government to privatize all industry so foreign capital owns their production. Steal it all for pennies, refine it overseas benefiting the colonial powers population, and sell it back as finished product to a global market even when the nation of origins population can barely afford what came from their lands.

Frankly, I believe the world is getting tired of that system. I have never felt good about it myself, but it keeps my standard of living above those from the other. I suppose I should maybe consider an alternative that could be mutually beneficial to either party.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Ukraine does not have an independent foreign policy at this time.....

Err...I think that's because its a bit preoccupied fighting for its independence from a foreign invader.

.... lately it seems neither does the UK ...

Of course we do, stop being silly.

So Russia is not withdrawing so your solution would be to go all in is that right??

Err...no. My point was that seems to be Trumps suggestion; Fold and capitulate to Putin's demands or go All In with nuclear weapons.
I really thought that was made pretty clear.

We should do this for some parcels of land in what was one of the top five most corrupt countries on Earth (still is). A government that is also not only prosecuting journalism for critical viewpoints but even executing some. No opposition parties anymore. Religious freedom now under attack.

That is a fairly accurate description of Russia.
Well done, you are at last beginning to see things as they are. 🙄

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   
He's also saying he would not send help to Taiwan if China invaded.

Trump is Xi and Putin's bitch.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   

there are fundamentally 3 different outlooks in play here which US presidents fail to understand we saw the same with Obama in Syria, Biden and trump in afghanistan.. one is the northern/eastern european/UK outlook, the western (paris/berlin) european outlook and us outlook..

we've been here before in 1917/18 which is why the uk and the northern/eastern european block took the steps they have to prevent russian aggression spreading as it did in the westwards push in 17/18.. its that outlook which drew in both western europe and the US.. as the us leaks styled it it revolved around the northern nato moving to block russian expansion.

fundamentally while the us could in theory drop out it doesn't have the sway in terms of what the others think or do, as we saw with the pressure to get an aloof washington, berlin and paris involved they struggle to remain apart..

fundamentally if the 3 outlooks are not on the same page there will be no western alliance, that's the price both biden and trump have to consider..

the driving force is not washington but rather the northern block.. this block can go to war with a call no art5 needed.. and it triggers many other treaties outside the nato framework..

we already have politicians in jef countries wanting to offer membership to ukraine, its what both finland and sweden did pre applications to nato.. as even if those fall through both are members of jef

so trump really has some fancy diplomatic footwork to do if he is to succed

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: shalao
So he's proposing a ceasefire. If Ukraine don't agree, then not a single bullet will be sent and Ukrainians will be left fighting with sticks and stones. No European country will send a single bullet either if their America boss says no. If Russia don't agree, then Trump hints at sending something big like nuclear bombs to Ukraine and Ukraine throw nukes on Moscow. He says he can have a ceasefire within 24 hours. We shall see if he can deliver.

I think he could do it. The Russians have always been open to talks. The entire operation was to get negotiations happening and would have worked only for the US/UK putting a stop to it. The neocons have been planning this war for far too long to let that happen.

They won't trust Brandon or Nato (with good reason) but a change of administration could do it. It would remain to be seen whether Trump could overcome the neocon psychos in the "swamp" without having an unfortunate accident.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

Taiwan is in China.

There'll be no trouble there if the US buts out.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

so trump really has some fancy diplomatic footwork to do if he is to succed

Diplomacy is not a word you'll find in US versions of the English dictionary.

They'll tell Europe what to do and Europe will oblige.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Quintilian

The Russians have always been open to talks.

On their terms; that Ukraine recognises the areas it now controls as part of Russia and that Ukraine agrees to never join NATO or EU.
They are Putin's stated preconditions to any negotiations and/or ceasefire.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

He says he can have a ceasefire within 24 hours. We shall see if he can deliver.

He says a lot of things.

Shame that he talks out of his arse.

Trump hints at sending something big like nuclear bombs to Ukraine and Ukraine throw nukes on Moscow.

That's apt to go down like a lead balloon.

Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire!

I mean Putin is just choking for a reason to use a tactical nuke or two in Ukraine, and Trump wants to base American nukes there???

edit on 20-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

Trump is Xi and Putin's bitch.

Who would you cry about if it wasn’t for Trump?

You guys want war with Russia.
You guys want war with China.

Who do you think will win a war against either or both of them with the woke military you guys want?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Trumps plan is basicly to bluff both sides into agreeing on a deal.

And he's stating his plan just straight out there, to both sides.

He's a stable genius after all.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The American Left "No Wars In My Name"

Also the American Left "Trump is Xi and Putin's bitch if he doesn't remain on a war footing"
edit on 20-7-2023 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join