It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amityville

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i was wondering what evryone here at ATS thinks of what happend at Amityville with the lutz and DeFeo's. With the Defeo's the oldest brother, Ronald and him shooting his intire family, theirs 2 things that doesnt make sence with that (if he was lying about being posessed)
1:if he wasnt possesed what reason would he have to do it? and if you say money, wouldn't he think he would get cought since everyone in his family died except him?
2: how could a shotgun not wake you up if you were asleep in the next room? so shouldn't rest of the family members have woken up after the first shot, or at least one of them?

then with the lutz story i could see it as being a hoax except for the fact that it wasnt just them who experienced it, their was George's buisness partner 2 prist's and others so wouldnt at least 1 of them said it didnt happen?

also just for curiosity who here is going to see the re-make of the movie?

[edit on 10-4-2005 by trust_no_one]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I didn't care for the book or the original movie, so if I do see the remake it will be when it comes out on dvd. The only perk is that it is directed by the same people that remade "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" which I loved.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I was discussing the Amityville story with a girl I work with. She had a law class designed to disprove hoaxes and Amityville was her final grade. She said with not a whole lot more than some police reports and supporting evidence she was able to prove that the son was just on a LOT of drugs. There is currently a family living there that has had no strange phenomenon. I was kind of bummed. Amityville really freaked me out, but she debunked it.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ya i believe in it but the thing that makes me wonder is why hasnt anything happend since the lutz, althugh i think the owners right after had some paranormal stuff but not that much paranormal stuff happen to them (like no more then the shadow in the corner of the eye and stuff)

although earlyer today i did a google show and it had something about how their actually was lots of stuff going around that area since then but has been coverd up, hidden or thought to be coincidential, but i just spent like 30 min searching for it and couldnt find it

ill post back though if i find anything

[edit on 10-4-2005 by trust_no_one]

RR

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Another admitted hoax:

Kaplan had discovered that the “Amityville Horror” was pure invention. In 1979, a lawyer named William Weber confessed to his part in the hoax during a paranormal radio show hosted by author Joel Martin. Weber had been the lawyer for convicted killer Ronald DeFeo and he admitted that he and George Lutz had concocted the story of the haunting over a few bottles of wine. Weber’s motive was to get a new trial for DeFeo, using a “Devil made him do it” defense. According to Weber, Lutz merely wanted to get out from under a mortgage that he couldn’t afford. His business was in trouble and he needed a scheme to bail him out.

Kaplan found ample proof, outside of the glaring confession, that the story was a hoax. He gained access to the house on many occasions and found that the so-called “Red Room”, where the book claimed occult ceremonies took place, was nothing more than a small pipe well that gave access to them if they needed to be repaired. No “demonic face” had ever appeared on the bricks inside of the fireplace. He also noted that the original front door of the house (blown off its hinges in the book) was still in place and intact. In addition, he found a writer for the local newspaper that had also been suspicious of the story. After some searching, the columnist discovered that the Lutz’s had returned the day after “fleeing” from the house to hold a garage sale. He also charged that during their “28-day nightmare” that never once called the police for assistance, something that would have been commonly done under the circumstances. The list of things that did not happen in the house went on and on and to Kaplan (and to most everyone who listened to his rational arguments), the evidence for an “Amityville Hoax” was overwhelming.

Source

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
ya ive heard about that but i dont know a lot about it. the thing is though is what about the prist going blind and the hospital record about one of the sons going in from smashed fingers.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
why hasnt anything happend since the lutz
--->

the son was just on a LOT of drugs

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO

Originally posted by trust_no_one
why hasnt anything happend since the lutz
--->

the son was just on a LOT of drugs

thouse qoutes dont have that much to do with each other

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I just saw two documenatries on the History channel about the Lutz family. One was the Lutz story explaining everything that happaned to them in their time in the house. The second one I saw was the debunking of the Lutz story so I was able to get a contrasting view. The second documetary really did have lot of strong evidence that the Lutz were making things up, but nonetheless there a few mysterious events that the skeptics couldnt explain, one of them being a photograph of a kid in the house that was not a member of the Lutz family, and the priest going blind.
All I can say is, Im looking forward to the new movie.

new topics

top topics

join