It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unruptured Aneurysm surgery - Weird feeling and tired.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I've been walking around with an unruptured brain aneurysm that was "taken care of" about a month ago via surgery. Basically bypassing it by taking a long vein from my forearm and attaching it to my neck and threaded up into my brain. Since then, I've been extremely tired and quick to tire by doing the slightest of things. Walking up a slight include for a few feet wears me out.

I'll get up ranging from 8 to 10am and be ready for bed at 7pm. But then the whacky dreams start! I don't really eat much, I've tried to but chewing is tiring (no joke). It feels like I've been chewing gum for the past year when I try to eat. My jaw just feels so tired.

But the weirdest thing is, I feel like I've left part of "me" behind. No, not the aneurysm, not a physical part of me. It's not a tangible part of me. I remember waking up after the surgery feeling like myself, however the more time that passes the more I "realize" a part of "me" has been left behind at the hospital. Like, I'm only 90% who I used to be now. It's an odd feeling, and may very well just be the weight of the experience.

The aneurysm was extremely close to bursting when they operated, had I not had the operation when I did, I may not be here today. It did however burst when they were operating. Took them roughly eight hours of surgery to fix everything.

Just thought I'd share and see if anyone else has gone through something similar or has any input whatsoever. Thanks for reading!

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ulven

Maaaan, God bless you. I had a heart attack Dec 12...no one caught it, sent home...ANOTHER heart attack Dec 22...no one caught it...yes, I'm seeking legal assist from Geoff Feiger (Jenny Jones, Dr. Death Kervorkians attorney)...just to add...

We never know whats really up with our bodies. So many things, so many places, so many exposures, complications, indicators.

You, my friend? Are lucky to still be walking 'round live! There's a reason you're here and it didn't get you.

Find you're meaning! I had a stroke 2005...didn't know, scary as hell, still here...God Bless you!
EMT/Adv Life Support
edit on 07235731America/ChicagoMon, 17 Jul 2023 08:30:57 -050030202300000057 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Maaaan, God bless you. I had a heart attack Dec 12...no one caught it, sent home...ANOTHER heart attack Dec 22...no one caught it...yes, I'm seeking legal assist from Geoff Feiger (Jenny Jones, Dr. Death Kervorkians attorney)...just to add...

We never know whats really up with our bodies. So many things, so many places, so many exposures, complications, indicators.

You, my friend? Are lucky to still be walking 'round live! There's a reason you're here and it didn't get you.

Find you're meaning! I had a stroke 2005...didn't know, scary as hell, still here...God Bless you!
EMT/Adv Life Support

Damn, MS I had no idea all that happened to you, many prayers to your recovery healthwise and compensatory.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ulven
I've been walking around with an unruptured brain aneurysm that was "taken care of" about a month ago via surgery. Basically bypassing it by taking a long vein from my forearm and attaching it to my neck and threaded up into my brain. Since then, I've been extremely tired and quick to tire by doing the slightest of things. Walking up a slight include for a few feet wears me out.

I'll get up ranging from 8 to 10am and be ready for bed at 7pm. But then the whacky dreams start! I don't really eat much, I've tried to but chewing is tiring (no joke). It feels like I've been chewing gum for the past year when I try to eat. My jaw just feels so tired.

But the weirdest thing is, I feel like I've left part of "me" behind. No, not the aneurysm, not a physical part of me. It's not a tangible part of me. I remember waking up after the surgery feeling like myself, however the more time that passes the more I "realize" a part of "me" has been left behind at the hospital. Like, I'm only 90% who I used to be now. It's an odd feeling, and may very well just be the weight of the experience.

The aneurysm was extremely close to bursting when they operated, had I not had the operation when I did, I may not be here today. It did however burst when they were operating. Took them roughly eight hours of surgery to fix everything.

Just thought I'd share and see if anyone else has gone through something similar or has any input whatsoever. Thanks for reading!

Many prayers for your complete recovery...

Have a friend who has had multiple brain surgeries for golf ball size tumor removal.

First of all, a month is nothing time-wise, give your brain time to catch up.

My friend tried to go back to work too soon, like 3-4 weeks afterward, and he was completely off. But after 6-8 weeks he was back to feeling better and his usual self.

Your situation sounds much more serious give it time, no doubt connections were disrupted but your brain can compensate you need time and therapy but recovery is possible not to mention the older you are the longer this will take.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Maybe ask your surgery team /doctor? It could be serious and nobody here can give any helpful medical advice for something this serious.
Hope you heal well.

But like putman suggested, physical therapy may be needed as well.

I do know that as a woman pain in the jaw is an indicator for potential heart problems.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
are you anemic? sometimes you lose a lot of blood with surgery. that can cause tiredness. maybe the doctors touching parts of your brain caused some of your strange feelings.not uncommon. have you spoken to your doctor about these symptoms? www.brainline.org... a reply to: Ulven

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Man, that is sad to hear.....hope you're doing better...and I hope Geoff makes your day

edit on Mon Jul 17 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

That is bizarre.

All the best for this to pass and you are 100% again....

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Not anemic, but I am on 75mg of blood thinners on a daily basis. I know that can also cause fatigue.

I thank you everyone for your warm responses and wish you all the best.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Thank you. I'm ornery, older, shoulda died a zillion times...still here. Damn! What the Hell did I do? Here I am, Jesus Saves.

Reminded of my late father in law: in his 70's when asked (after a career in Mayors Office like 30 yrs)..said.. "Hey! I'm STILL tryin t figure out what I wanna be when I grow up"!!

Damn. Again. I wanted to be a cowboy.

Peace, Stay Well, go out n make a difference, eh!!? God bless

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Oh my gosh , I am so glad you got this ahead of what could have been a “surprise”
If you’re American, that 10 percent might be your wallet.
I wish you all the best in your recuperation.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'd also like to add something that I noticed for the first time the other day.

I was out driving with a friend, and all of a sudden I got this really warm sensation. Not like a physical one, more emotional. Then lately, almost daily I've been getting these strange but at times nice emotional feelings that emanate from the chest. Makes me reflect back at various points in my life, sometimes even making me feel like I'm experiencing the feelings again.

Very strange, not sure if it's just a mental side effect or what.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is me "Ulven", I cannot for the life of me log into that account. But thought I'd update this thread since a lot has happened since originally posting it.

About a week and a half ago I had a check up where I was told I suffered a stroke during the operation due to a clip either being faulty or not properly used. This has more than likely been the cause of my strange feelings. It's also left me with a couple of minor issues, amongst these short term memory loss, difficulties in understanding, typing / writing / texting, and my left hand has a mind of its own at times.

However, the 25th of October I suffered the biggest "issue". I had what they call a "Temporal Lobe" epileptic seizure. The seizure itself wasn't bad, but the 30 or so seconds leading up to me SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH.

First started with a loud white noise mixed with what sounded like some kind of old mechanical pump operating. The BOOM! all of a sudden I got the feeling that I was doomed, that something really REALLY bad was coming to get me and there was NOTHING I could do, this is when I panicked, went out into the hallway passed out and started convulsions.

I'm now on Lamictal (I believe that's what it's called / spelled) but my anxiety is through the roof of experiencing it again. Am laying here now shivering on the inside feeling off, hope it's nothing.

I find it strange they waited 4 months after the operation to tell me about the stroke.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
New update.

Last night I started feeling weak, shaky, dizzy and a very anxious feeling in my chest. I went to sleep, took a while and woke up two hours later that night around 4am still feeling it. Forced myself to sleep again, woke up today around 3ish-pm STILL feeling this way. Called the E.R. and they wanted me to come in. All tests came back good, they spoke to the neuro doctors at the main hospital and they said it could be an anxiety attack brought on by Lamictal.

So back at hospital for a day or two while they keep an eye on things.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Another update, I am now more than ever certain it's the lamictal medication causing this. Had a great night sleep, woke up actually refreshed and calm. Then they came with my daily dose of lamictal, 15 minutes later I feel shaky on the inside and like I'm going to pass out.

But truthfully, this is MUCH better than the absolute feeling of horror and dread I had for 30ish seconds prior to the seizure the 25th last month. That was sheer panic inducing. Oof, almost gives me anxiety thinking about it so I won't lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the updates, sounds pretty amazing that most of you is still alive. Does it still feel like some part is still missing or has it repaired a bit? The sense of dread before your last seizure sounds very intense. You are doing well to make it this far, hope you get better.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Truthfully, I don't know if it feels like part of me is gone, I'm mostly trying to concentrate on getting through this so haven't had too much time to reflect.

Pre-seizure, yes it was horrifying. Just absolute horror and a hopeless feeling. And thank you for your well wishes.

Currently still at the hospital, this anxiety attack is still going strong, I feel now more than ever it's due to lamictal. Woke up today feeling really good, took the meds and went downhill form there.

Feeling like I am going to die, very high heart rate, tingling at times in my arms, not a fun experience at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I have not yet taken lamictal today, I feel great. No anxiety, can walk, not dizzy... So I am 100% sold on this being a side effect of the medication.

I'm trying to tell myself "now that I know I can handle it" but it's a different story when that anxiety comes ugh.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Skogsulv

I'm trying to tell myself "now that I know I can handle it" but it's a different story when that anxiety comes ugh.

Brain chemistry is complex, finding exactly what works and what dose can take some time. I have experience anxiety and dread at times, not at the level you describe. You did live through it. Seizures are common, some people have lots, some a few. Finding the right medication can help reduce and limit them from occurring. The biggest risk with a seizure is if you fall as it starts or hit something while it happens.

In some ways it is good that you do get a warning before a seizure starts. it does give you time to get on the ground in an area with some space around you. You are just going to have to ride it out if it happens again. At least now you are more prepared for what to expect. The first time is always the worst when it grabs you unexpectedly. It does sound traumatic and until a better balance of medication can be found, good to hear you are trying to prepare, just in case.

top topics

join