It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Added Sugars How I Lost Control of my Glucose Level and how I Got it Under Control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Bette double check on that jerky. A lot of it has molasses and sweeteners added. I bought a package of Jack Links once and started eating a stick. It was so sweet it was just EWWW! Then I looked at the label and realized there was as much sugar in it as a candy bar.

You are far better off making your own at home.

edit on 16-7-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Yeah, I don't buy or eat that crap, but at a liquor or convenience store, that's probably going to be the best thing in there considering the options! 🤮

I do these if I need a quick snack: www.amazon.com...

One or two does the trick. They're hearty, smokey and flavorful enough to satiate my appetite. I buy two bags a month and I usually don't run out.

edit on 7/16/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

originally posted by: nugget1
A great many prescription drugs now days have a 'small chance' of increasing blood sugar levels and /or directly causing type II diabetes. Examples are asthma inhalers, nebulizer medication, high cholesterol meds, hormone replacement therapy meds, prednisone, some antibiotics and so many others.

If a person is taking just one of these drugs it's a slow progression to increased blood sugar levels; add in a few more and you can become a full-blown type II diabetic in 6 months. It happened to me, and my diabetes is absolutely prescription medication based.

I wouldn´t say that, i have treated many patients which have had these medicines and even more without diabetes.

Diabetes is mostly genetic trait with lifestyle dependent. Flammations and Flu makes bloodsugar rise to even otherwise healthy people. Doctors have suggested specially to elders that a bit of insulin is good for fight down flu caused bloodsugar rise.. tho it has been more or less speculation should they do that.

I have no doubt my pancreas functions at such a low level of normal that all it takes is one prescription medicine with a "0.002% chance of causing type II diabetes" over the edge. Perhaps there are a few other drug-sensitive people like me.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Some people are drug sensitive and in many cases drug sensitivity develops slowly. Mostly we are dealt with our given genes and in future we are more likely to get our precision medicine according to genes we have .

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Some people are drug sensitive and in many cases drug sensitivity develops slowly. Mostly we are dealt with our given genes and in future we are more likely to get our precision medicine according to genes we have .

In the meantime millions suffer irreparable harm and death while they try to figure it out. C'est la vie, eh?

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have never been much for sweet stuff, a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee, and because I would get the sugar shakes, I used to keep peanut butter cups around to combat low blood sugar events. My blood sugar used to stay around a hundred for most of my life, even after eating. Now it usually ranges from a hundred in the morning to sometimes 130 after eating and having a soda with it. I usually don't like sodas, but even though I dislike them, I have to occasionally need to have a sixteen ounce bottle of coke to keep down the bezoars I get from eating veggies and some breads. I usually add one third water in it in a cup, it is too sweet plain. Occasionally I would like a cinnamon roll or donut, but since I started taking the 500 mg l-glutamine once to twice a day, all sweet stuff tastes terrible now...so I just tend to stay away from it even as a treat or because it is nostalgic.

The wife does not seem to have a problem eating sweets, I have all my life, when I do eat sweets my insulin levels jump up and wipe out all my glucose. That has always been normal for me, two hours after I will crash and get the shakes, so I learned not to eat a lot of sweets or carbs over fourty years or more ago.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   
If you need something sweet that does NOT affect insulin or blood sugar, try Monk fruit sweetener. I get mine here as well as sea moss and other things! There is a free pdf you can download as well. VERY informative.

Markus Products

a reply to: Waterglass

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Carnivore Diet is the best way to reverse Type 2 Diabetes, Fatty Liver, and Insuline Intolerance. Salt is not the bad guy as has been reported since the 70's, animal fats also have been demonized when these are required by our bodies. Don't worry so much about cholesterol, you body needs it to heal and make new cells.

Drink water with some salt added, best to use Rose, or Red salts, (Redmonds), due to the essential mineral content. Stop the artificial sweetener.

Your body only needs Meats, Salt, and Water, but try the BBBE, (Beef, Butter, Bacon, Eggs), diet. You will become much healthier.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Is it bad thing to know that you cannot metabolize certain medicines as you should ? For example i am CYP3A5 non-expressor ( drugs that metabolize in liver ) , so no transplants for me as medicines which are for prevent post-transplantation organ rejection doesn´t work for me at all.. also there are other drug related problems in my basket i am very happy to know. Atm i am healthy so for future is good thing to know and i have this information in my medical records. Does this information harm me ?

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I get cramps from drinking water in hot high humidity heat. I am me. You are you. Water may not affect you or others. When I was young I go drink water and NO issues.

I also approached a Latino roofing crew in Newnan, Georgia back in 2015. We were in a new subdivision in 90+ degree heat. I could not believe these guys are putting on a shingle roof in blue jeans and hoodies. They were all thin. So I approached them and offered them something to drink and they said no thanks are they have water and they also told me that they eat citrus throughout the day so "they don't get sick" as in a stomach ache.

I am a garden hose guy also as we used to have well water. That water would pass through a salt filter and actually have an efflorescence from the tap. Much better than city water as no chlorine, sulfur or clay taste.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Well written and informative. I really don't have a sweet tooth other than Red Wine after 5:30pm. I can knock off a box of chips or doughnuts but that is rare and possibly once or twice a year.

I drink my coffee black, or. I go to McDonalds for a large coffee with one cream on weekdays. No sugar. When I eat cereal its Cheerio's

The standard American diet is an absolute killer that overloads your system with horrific results.

Yes, big time. The FDA is a haha organization

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleJake

My real nickname is Jake. Had that since little loop football.

My issue is I cant sip. I down almost the while bottle of water. After 10 years I think I am finally dialed in on the right sports drink Although if I add lemon juice to the water I have No issues?

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just a heads up if you ever find yourself with migraines... Artificial sweeteners give me a migraine behind my left eye.

Even just a couple sips of Coke or Gatorade Zero and I'm doomed with an ocular migraine thats lasts for a few days.
edit on 17-7-2023 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

I get them indoors from the air conditioning cycling too often as my body is overly sensitive to anything environmental.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Does this information harm me ?

Of course not. If they tested everybody for sensitivities before throwing drugs at them they could save a ton of lives, but saving lives doesn't seem to be the number one priority.

I'm highly sensitive to the majority of prescription drugs I've taken, yet no insurance policy I've ever had would cover the high cost of genetic testing to find out why. I'm sure there are a good many others in the same situation; at the mercy of the Big Pharma money-making machine.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm confused why you're so fixated on the added sugars and not the sugars altogether?

Sodium raises blood pressure as well. Those drinks, and all low calorie/no sugar drinks are loaded with sodium.

The way they "hydrate" you is by filling you with salt. Salt retains water.
edit on 18-7-2023 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This might be ur answer...

It's not about the added sugars. Body Armour lyte says no added sugar and only has 2g of sugar per serving.

BUT

BODY ARMOUR LYTE containS Stevia extract and also Erythritol.

Erythritol is a sugar alcohol that is commonly used as a low-calorie sweetener

Erythritol levels are typically more than more than 1,000-fold greater than levels found naturally in foods.

Real sugar is by far the best for the body if sweetness is what the body is wanting. All the "Diet" drinks are much worse than the regular ones. Problem is these days the "regular" drinks don't have real sugar in them either.. everything is high fructose Coen syrup and that # is terrible for the body.

The fake sugars/artificial sweetners are so bad because the body dont know differnece btw sugar or fake sweetner. so something that's really sweet made with fake sweeter the body thinks has way more sugar in it needing to be processed even though it's actually a small amt of fake stuff. So the body reacts more intensly to the fake stuff and producess way more insulin than normal or is needed bc it thinks there is way more sugar than actually needing to be processed
So the insulin leads to storage of fat. And with the super sweet fake stuff there's abmornally huge amts of insulin which leads to hyper fat storage. So the fake stuff makes people's body store even more fat than it would if they just consumed reg sugar.kkl

Sad state of affairs in America when citizens are forced to buy an America product from Mexico in order to get the original real ingredients im a product.
Can't get real cane sugar cocacola in America so we have to buy "Mexican cokes" to get the real soda. All soda Is bad for u but if I'm gonna drink one every blue moon I atleast want the real drink and not a modern technology developed sweetener as a replacement ingredient. For the body naturally occurring is the only healthy and safe way to eat. The body reacts in a weird ways to synthetic ingredients and not very often is that reaction in a positive direction

edit on 19-7-2023 by Txbuffalo18 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rounda

I'm confused why you're so fixated on the added sugars and not the sugars altogether?

Your somewhat correct so I also count on the amount of natural sugar. One 8 ounce glass of 2% milk is 12 grams of ~ sugar. There is no NATURAL sugar guidance from the FDA. No limits NADA. I try to limit my natural sugar at 36 grams / day. Your also correct on diet drinks, etc.

Trust the Science Trust the FDA????????????????
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Txbuffalo18

Excellent work!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join