It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lost My Avatar!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I tried to change my avatar but can't post another. The help links give me the message 'This site can’t be reachedmedia.abovetopsecret.com’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem.
DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE'

What's the work-around?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Upload to ATS...size has to be correct...see it in uploads...the rest should be fine. No issues here generally....since they got fixed.

God bless, good luck..
edit on 07230931America/ChicagoThu, 13 Jul 2023 08:42:09 -050042202300000009 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Are you able to upload images?

If so, once uploaded just click the little person icon to set it as your avatar (you probably already know this).

However, from the error you're receiving, I think it has more to do with an internet issue.

Have you tried clearing the browser's cache/cookies (just the last few days worth should suffice, not the whole thing)?

If that doesn't work, we can try to flush your DNS cache. Different methods depending on if you're using a PC or cell/tablet.

edit on 13/7/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Upload to ATS...size has to be correct...see it in uploads...the rest should be fine. No issues here generally....since they got fixed.

God bless, good luck..

That's what I did, with no luck. I followed the steps I've always done when changing it.

Encia22: "just click the little person icon" I've always used the address to change-never done it this way. I'll give it a try; thanks!

P.S. I know how to clear my PC cache/cookies but have no idea what a DNS cache is.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I see that little chick now! Whatever you did, it worked.

For future reference, here's what a DNS cache is and how to flush it on PC.

www.keycdn.com...

On an Android devices, running Chrome, this is how it's done.

Begin by opening the Chrome browser on your Android and navigating to this web address (which you can copy and paste):

chrome://net-internals/#dns

This launches a basic settings menu, which automatically navigates to the DNS section. Here, select the button that says Clear host cache. Reboot your Android when it's finished, and try browsing again.

ETA: Added better link.
edit on 13/7/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I did as you suggested and cleared my cache. My hubby always tells me to do that whenever there's a problem, but do I listen?

I live in the boonies with lousy - if any- cell coverage, so i don't own one, but I'm sure the info will be helpful to those who do.

Thank you for your help; much appreciated! And thanks for the link, too!

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well done!

join