It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Text was Neither of Us While Texting About Aliens, Disclosure...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A co-worker of mine were texting back and forth arguing about Steven Greer, Alien Disclosure, Space, are they real? etc and the word "WRONG!" appeared in the texting history. Neither of us typed it or said that. It was just him and I texting.

Clearly text messages can be monitored, but whoever is monitoring them can actually text into the conversation?

Really freaked us out.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Did it show a phone number that it came from?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KSDakar01
The word "Wrong"was probably sent by a government AI who monitored every conversation that has been prioritized on the words "Greer" or "Steven" to dismiss their version of disclosure like Facebook suckerberg who tells you what free speech looks like šŸ‘

Just ignore and continue conversation

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Those rascally AI Aliens

First it was oneā€™s Televisionā€¦

And now itā€™s oneā€™s Telephoneā€¦..Sheeeesh..

šŸ‘½

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSDakar01
A co-worker of mine were texting back and forth arguing about Steven Greer, Alien Disclosure, Space, are they real? etc and the word "WRONG!" appeared in the texting history. Neither of us typed it or said that. It was just him and I texting.

Clearly text messages can be monitored, but whoever is monitoring them can actually text into the conversation?

Really freaked us out.

Unless it reveals too much personal stuff, a transcript showing pertinent context when that happened might help.

You never know, the NSA could be playing games with people... The FBI already does much worse. But interjecting into a (considered private) conversation is illegal, whoever did it.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Sadly there's no law to file that,
Let alone to proof it?
edit on 0b46America/ChicagoMon, 10 Jul 2023 19:27:46 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 10 Jul 2023 19:27:46 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You know, just simply thinking along the lines of the most simple explanation usually being the correct explanationā€¦I would assume that the word WRONG was suggested for one of you and you accidentally hit and sent it. I do it every now and then and probably do it sometimes without even catching it.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I mean, thereā€™s no doubt that they have got AI watching every last one of us conducting every single conversation we conduct, but no way is it gonna jump in and intervene on a discussionā€¦it would be found out in a day and the country would be rioting in the streets in no time over it.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We had a random dude somehow get a piece of our three person group chat. He was really confused and bailed after we wished him Merry Christmas. No idea how that happened. It was a well-established group text stream of years-long continuity.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It would be helpful to have a screen shot of that conversation. After all, it's just you saying it happened. Pics or it didn't happen. If we all demand proof when someone claims to have seen a UFO, well, same rule applies here. What you should have done is stop everything, turn off the phones, and subject them to some forensic analysis. The phones carry a tremendous amount of 'meta-data' about everything they do and chances are they could trace that text to its origin. I'm guessing you didn't do that and the data is likely lost by now.

Doing such a thing (breaking into a conversation) is clearly illegal, but such things happen. I once worked for the phone company as a technician and -ahem- we would sometimes listen in. In fact, one time on of the techs found a very spicy conversation "about last night" that was piped throughout the tech center to much hilarity. The question really is, was this a (cough) "accident" like the above example, or was it an actual case of intentional monitoring? Does it make a difference? Yeah, it does. It's the difference between a couple of techs messing around for their own amusement versus and intentional monitoring program.

I'm thinking it's the former. Why? Because responding like that to the text shows a clear lack of discipline and a severe infraction of protocol and tradecraft. No professional "spy" would let you know they were monitoring. That's just stupid and immature. It blows your cover. So this certainly was not a professional job.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
You're right, its uncle Mark S testing his new Google toy

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

In the guys defense though, you canā€™t post pics to ATS anymoreā€¦not for a loooong time, if you are experiencing the same BS as I am. He could post with some picture posting site and provide a link I guess but thereā€™s no sharing pics on ATS as far as MY phone and PC are concernedā€¦

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Sadly there's no law to file that,
Let alone to proof it?

Yes, true..

However, it might be something to report to FCC, or the corporate people of the phone carrier. They might just try to investigate it, but if it just happened once probably not. I know someone at Xfinity who would be very interested if it was happening to me or someone locally. They don't like that kind of thing happening on their lines.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Maybe check your phone messaging if forwarding is allowing someone else in there. It might show another device that you don't recognize.. OR go to your phone store and let them check it out.

ETA:

Open the Phone app and tap on the Keypad.
Dial *#21# and hit the green call button.
You should get an info screen
Here youā€™ll see details on the activity of your calls, SMS messages and even faxes. If they are listed as Disabled, youā€™re OK. Tap Dismiss when youā€™re finished looking at the data to go back to the regular screen.

edit on 10-7-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   

True , but cellphones how strange and probably privacy sensitive it could be ,should implement a blackbox on demand if one feels intruded by something like this ?

And it should be delivered as standard with either OS or manufacturer based content?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I have never given much thought to this kind of issue, although I certainly should.. I did a few searches and see that people do report their mobile phones getting hacked.

Doing or getting what you mentioned above, I'm thinking people are on their own, a person has to do all that themselves. There's apps and ways to spy on your own phone if hacking is suspected.

Can't find much yet on actually inserting messages into someone's live text conversation though, that's kind of freaky. Those police units could do it I bet, a Stingray unit.

A stingray is a possibility to do that.

This topic has caught my interest, so I'm looking into it.
edit on 10-7-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   

SMSs (cell), Whatsapp type apps, Chat boards like Discord?

PC or Mobile?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Can you post a screenshot of the said conversation? This is kinda shocking but almost like expected. As much as I hate to say it but 'Big Brother ' is watching you! This current administration is so dirty I'd believe their watching ever move we make. This is not the freedom I grew up respecting šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø šŸ˜·šŸ”«šŸŖ„šŸ˜³šŸ¤„šŸ¤ŒšŸ¤”

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ussmidway
Did it show a phone number that it came from?

No. It appeared as if one of use wrote it.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I am trying to upload the screenshot now... It wont do it as it says it will not support the file?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join