It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Buddha taught No-self incomplete according to Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

"Zen koans are only meant to stop the mind's thoughts as there is no answer to the question one is repeating so repeating it knowing the real answer is just silence it is supposed to train the dualistic mind that questions itself and answers itself to stop doing that as doing that only creates the delusion that one knows when one really doesn't so they stop the inquiry forgetting they lied to them-self with the wrong answer. That's all it is really good for is to not build the house of delusion for those answers that are not the truth other than that they create suffering and then anger when such a thing is argued that it is the truth when it really isnt having answered the question them-self having first asked them-self the question." - Crowfoot

If my pride is small and unconditionally secure, unreflective, and my heart considerable in size, I can intuit objectively within all the data I've accumulated for the most realistic relevant probabilities to my situation. There is no certainty, surely. But mapping causality seems more useful to me than dwelling on the absence of an ultimate answer and truth.

I have a theory about the history of Buddhism, a conspiracy theory, that those in power were considered a success probability threat to the truth of the Buddhist scriptures, so they were spoken and distributed in a manner as not to be understood by non-seekers or even most seekers, in entirety.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkingHolic

But mapping causality seems more useful to me than dwelling on the absence of an ultimate answer and truth.

I've noticed that; That is a habit of some monastery bhikkhu/monks to memorize the Bhava-cakra and practice seeing the parts of it arising. The due to this... that arises... nidana chain.

<< 1   >>

join