It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO set to declare Sweetener used in Diet Coke possibly causes cancer, as we've always known...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've believed this for a long time. I've read up on it from many sources. But no. I'm just a conspiracy theorist. Now the world health orginization is backing this up!

"Aspartame sweetener used in Diet Coke a possible carcinogen, WHO’s cancer research agency to say - sources"

ground.news...

This post is not to claim that it causes cancer, as most of us here know this. This post is showing that the WHO is admitting that it causes cancer.
edit on 29-6-2023 by Jeremiah33three because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So conspiracy theorists trust authoritative bodies like the WHO? Unsure if it’s good or bad to trust them.

a reply to: Jeremiah33three

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Here's my shocked face...

Shouldn't this open Coca-Cola up to lawsuits ala the Prevacid/Zantac and others precedent?

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Aspertame in all sorts of products besides Coke. Why pick on them? Coca Cola, after all, is extremely woke and must have a great ESG score.

I've been drinking diet Coke and other diet sodas for so long that I must have built up an immunity. But, I'm old so save the children.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Aspertame in all sorts of products besides Coke. Why pick on them? Coca Cola, after all, is extremely woke and must have a great ESG score.

I've been drinking diet Coke and other diet sodas for so long that I must have built up an immunity. But, I'm old so save the children.

Respectfully I used Coca-Cola as it's probably one of the major users but it brings up a good point, how did it get past the FDA and shouldn't they ultimately be held responsible as well?

www.fda.gov...

By law, like all other ingredients added to food in the U.S., sweeteners must be safe for consumption. Companies are responsible for ensuring the regulatory status and safety of the ingredients in their products before marketing. Under its legal authorities, the FDA administers pre-market regulatory programs that assist companies in meeting their obligations. To market a new food additive or before using a food additive in a different way than how the FDA has currently approved it, a manufacturer or other sponsor must first seek approval from the FDA by submitting a food additive petition. Under the law, certain ingredients do not require pre-market food additive approval by FDA, for example, if they are generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by qualified experts. If a company concludes that the specific use of a sweetener is GRAS, they may submit their information to the FDA through the FDA’s GRAS Notification Program. Information about the regulatory status of sweeteners is available in the Code of Federal Regulations and the FDA’s public GRAS Notice Inventory and Substances Added to Food (formerly EAFUS) Inventory.

The FDA continues to monitor the latest science available on sweeteners in a variety of ways. FDA scientists reassess the science about the exposure and safety of a sweetener each time the agency files a food additive petition or a GRAS notice for that sweetener. We also stay abreast of published literature and the current level of consumer exposure and participate in international scientific and standard-setting activities related to food ingredient safety.

Sweeteners Authorized as Food Additives in the U.S.
Based on the available scientific evidence, sweeteners authorized by the FDA are safe for the general population under certain conditions of use. There are food additive listings for six sweeteners, including:

Aspartame
Acesulfame potassium (Ace-K)
Sucralose
Neotame
Advantame
Saccharin

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My mother drank 2-3 diet cokes a day for many years, she wasn't overweight, died 9.5 years ago at age 55. I've always said it was from aspertame

edit on 6/29/2023 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And the World Health Organization causes (not "possibly") ulcers and suicides through their over-hyping of threats that will not affect 99% of the population.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ITSALIVE

No, lol. But it shows the normies that we're not crazy.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ITSALIVE
When a company is saying one thing for years and years, it's a bit alarming when they retract on their previous statements.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I know a lady who is almost 90-something, almost 100 years old... she has been drinking Diet Coke every day since the 80s. Her only health problem is being diabetic.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

how did it get past the FDA and shouldn't they ultimately be held responsible as well?

in a name donald rummy rumsfield then CEO of Searle called in all his markers and the threat of release the dirt he had on people.

remember when they first started putting it in diet coke, it had to be kept below a certain temperature before it started to turn into formaldehyde which is classified as a probable human carcinogen under conditions of unusually high or prolonged exposure. looks like those claims might turned out to be true.

edit on 29-6-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I've known for a long time, the only good Coke is pure Mexican coke.

I'm not joking. It's that heaven in a glass bottle, made with real sugar.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I've known for a long time, the only good Coke is pure Mexican coke.

I'm not joking. It's that heaven in a glass bottle, made with real sugar.

I live in Mexico and must report sadly that the coke they sell here is contaminated with artificial sweetners. Acesulfame is perhaps the most common, though I do see Aspartame on lables occassionally. Sugar or HFCS is always on the ingredients lable first, followed way down by one of those. They use it to reduce the amount of sugar in their recipes and boost the sweetness.

I hate this! Due, perhaps, to some gov't mandate about reducing health risks, most soft drinks now have these poisons in them. On the rare occassions that I purchase one, I always stand at the cooler reading ingredients lables. There are a few that do no have the artificial poisons in them, but very few. And even those have HFCS.

The artificial sweetners (Aspartame, Acesulfame, etc.) really do have an immediate physical effect on me. It's not imagined. I first noticed it before I knew that they were using them in the soft drinks. I'd have a drink (back when I was drinking them ore regularly) and I'd immediately feel light-headed and unwell. I started looking at ingredients lables and realized that when this happened, I was consuming these artificial sweetners. I'm convinced that they are all unhealthy.

I mostly try to use locall processed raw brown sugar and on occassion turbinado with a stevia kick.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I get massive headaches from too much Aspartame.
The problem is that almost everything in the UK has it instead of good old sugar.
Why?
Because of obese people.
Has it made any difference?
Nope.
Why can't I buy something with sugar in it? I am neither obese, nor overweight?
I hate this non choice, because of those who have no stop button for calorie intake.

I am an adult ffs and I want sugar. We are all just cattle in need of managing by who knows who.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The timing is perfect on this.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Id go one fuether. Pretty much all your houshold stuff id argue have an impact

Car freshers
Aerosoles
Bleach
Aftershave
Bleach
Etc etc
All the loverly toxins inhaled

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

The body is very clever and can deal with sugar/carbohydrates quite well, thanks to insulin.

The production of insuline is mostly required for short sugars, which break down in the mouth giving you a sweet taste. If memory serves they found that insulin production starts the moment sweet is tasted in the mouth.
In all our evolution our body has never known sweet in big edible amounts without some form of carbohydrates...

Introducing artificial sweeteners...
But the body is very clever!
he will learn that sweet in the mouth doesn't necessarily need insuline, and before you know you're diabetic.

I detest that stuff, luckily I can taste it in everything.
especially acesulfam K and aspartame give me bad headaches, i chuck that stuff away if I happen to end up with something like that in my hands.

Grocery store only sell low carb?
Or is it just that you want to eat the fast food stuff from their soylent green processing plant with real sugar.
Be the maker of your own softdrinks

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
Id go one fuether. Pretty much all your houshold stuff id argue have an impact

Car freshers
Aerosoles
Bleach
Aftershave
Bleach
Etc etc
All the loverly toxins inhaled

Almost all ‘sugar free’ gum has it too.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Read about this earlier... never liked the fizzy stuff myself... maybe the odd fanta but was more like a Lilt person.... the totally tropical taste!

I tried coke but it just came out of me nose...

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

That stuff can trigger migraines too. When it comes to soda I've been pushed to classic cola and a couple of other beverages when I'm being lazy and not making my own, fake sugar is rampant here especially in soft drinks. They killed Irn Bru!

Best to make your own or go with local retailers for those sweet treats you want that said even small businesses use the stuff these days due to cost and the overall healthy living craze in hospitality. Have you noticed how many small businesses these days are leaning towards "healthy" food?

I've been meaning to make some homemade beverage and sweets thread, it's rare to find good classics these days and it's fairly cheap and easy to make good treats... Just use real sugar, our bodies love the stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join