It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Last Ship" Series - Authentic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I found this series "The Last Ship" via a YT video made by a former US NAVY Master Diver. He said that it is 9/10 authentic, but his comment was about a single scene. I started to watch since I am alone this weekend and I really celebrate it!

My background is scuba diving and I spent two summer school holidays on a German research vessel as a sidekick to a family member in the Red Sea. So I know the civilian side and I fondly remember that time. This pride, too, to be on such a monumental vessel, the power, the mission, the diversion from normal life, the environment, sea life, all that I remember fondly and with some pride even though I did very little to help the research and so on. But I was allowed to be part of it.

What I also know is that some here have served on military vessels. I am curious, maybe some with the real life experience have watched the series (2014-2018, a few seasons) and wants to comment. Sure, they operate in exceptional circumstances in that series but I still am curious:

How much of what I see is just the fantasy of someone in Hollywood and how much is cold hard real life facts?

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thank you for this. I've had series 1 saved to watch in my Prime account. I have something to watch tonight now.... I take your thread as a sign

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
I like it so far and I am happy you got your reminder

For those that have no idea what it's about... The topic is a of a Déjà vu, it's about a killer virus and yes, there is a vaccine.

I did not know that when I started to watch and take more interest in the ship, how it's operated, how life is going on there. Maybe something I can relate to. Also explosions

Since I started the thread, this conclusion surfaced to my consciousness: maybe I was a bit naive and people won't talk because they are bound to secrecy. I was not aware of that.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I’ve binge watched this series all the way through a couple of times.
I enjoyed watching it.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The book was more interesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I’ve binge watched this series all the way through a couple of times.
I enjoyed watching it.

Ditto, it was riveting at times...

Thumbs up from me - but I have no clue as to the authenticity of any particular aspects of it...
edit on 25-6-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My wife and I never missed an episode .
Fantastic series .
One that gets a total
from me.
And those are nearly non-existent .

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Absolutely love this series!! I started watching the first time way before the COVID thing...have watched twice, in entirety, and am now on number three

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Love The Last Ship! Season 5 was my least favorite, but just got through watching the entire 5 seasons for about the third time.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Managed to watch the first 8 episodes of S1, fell asleep and woke up with E2 of S2 playing on my laptop!
I'll have to rewind back to S1E8 Lol! Hoping Amazon have all the series.
Thoroughly enjoying it!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I finished watching Season 1 yesterday, it is really a great series!

top topics

join