It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Here and Now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm sure somebody in here has brought this up before, though I have had no luck in finding it, but just something that has been rolling through my mind now more than ever.

Why is everybody so offended/upset/attacked by everything now a days?

Why do people have to go out of their own way to find something to be offended/upset/attacked about, is it to feel included? Is it so that they can be a part of something? Do they actually feel this way about what is being done or said, or is it that they just want their 15 minutes of fame?

It seems almost every day I scroll through Facebook, Fox News, ATS, etc. and see some sob story of somebody being offended by one thing or another.

Take this for example: www.foxnews.com...

How is this any of the childs business to be "shocked" and upset about something her mother did long before she was even alive. But because her mother was an actress and her roles did not depict her as such that would be a hunter, or god forbid, enjoy hunting, she felt the need to confront her about it and display her disdain for it.

When in life does it ever benefit you to get into a confrontation with someone? How would it benefit you to confront someone over something they said, maybe not even to you, and berate them and make a huge ordeal out of something that didn't even concern you to begin with?

Why, as a society, do we have to be conscious of what we say, when we say it, and who we say it to with the "fear" of offending someone else? If you don't like what I have to say, okay get over yourself and don't talk to me, plain and simple. If you overhear another's conversation and decide you are "triggered" by what they said, did you ever stop to think that, maybe it's not about you and you shouldn't interject your opinion into a conversation you were not intended to be a part of?

Why are we turning into a society that is so easily hurt and devastated by the words of others? Where did everything go down hill? Why do I have to think twice about what I want to say because if I say it around the wrong person they will misconstrue what I said and turn me into a racist, bigot, transphobe, etc.

Society has turned into nothing more than a weak, decaying, old dog that will turn over and show it's belly at the slightest hint of "aggression", whether it be towards you or not.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Some say we're nearing Judgement Day, and everyone's getting their personal agenda and pet causes on display.

Quite a show, isn't it?

Almost as if the Powers That Be are making mountains out of molehills to speed the process along.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Well it needs to hurry TF up!! I am getting tired of waiting on the apocalypses that everyone says is coming.

Politicians and main stream media are the downfall of this once great country.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Hint hint:

Offline the world ain't so bad if ya get out in the right places for some R&R and Constructive Sanity.

Focusing on the mayhem and irrational madness only makes it stronger.

edit on 6/4/23 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edit

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   
People are tribal and will look for a group to become part of that resonates best with them. Media in all forms understands this and hands out the ideology they want the masses to follow 24/7. They can make a non-issue and spin it so it appears to be the most important issue on the planet.

Just look at how they've exalted less than 6% of the worlds' population through their 'thought transference'.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Not sure why you’d use Facebook after the things they’ve done . Get off that garbage and you won’t be as offended.
edit on 4-6-2023 by Tough2fool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tough2fool

What have they done?

The only way I will see less of it is if I go off grid and live in the woods on my own with my dog.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

People don't know what resonates best with them.

I don't think anyone on this earth has had an original thought go through their mind in the last 5 years.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: nugget1

People don't know what resonates best with them.

I don't think anyone on this earth has had an original thought go through their mind in the last 5 years.

As you judge, let yourself be judged.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

By who for what?

Got something profound that I have done you wish to cast a stone for?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

By who for what?

Got something profound that I have done you wish to cast a stone for?

You have not done anything profound that I can think of.

As you judge so will you be judged. It works both ways.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

And what exactly shall I be judged for?

Find something I am offended by and get back to me

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Reddidiots.

'Nuff said. They're everywhere. It's what happens when an entire generation is brought up receiving participation trophies.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
From my Brave search this came up:

Summarizer
According to John 7:24 in the Bible, Jesus commands believers to stop judging by mere appearances and instead judge correctly.02 This means looking beyond the surface and seeing things as they really are, not as we want them to be. If a believer sees another believer sinning, they are instructed to confront the person in a respectful and loving way. Matthew 18:15-17 also instructs believers to point out their fault, just between the two of them.1 Children may grumble in the moment of correction, but they will be truly thankful in the end.0 Jesus often made a point of telling others that they should judge, but only "with right judgment."

From that I take it we are supposed to judge events and circumstances to discern what may be evil.

The Bible’s command that we not judge others does not mean we cannot show discernment. Immediately after Jesus says, “Do not judge,” He says, “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs” (Matthew 7:6). A little later in the same sermon, He says, “Watch out for false prophets. . . . By their fruit you will recognize them” (verses 15–16). How are we to discern who are the “dogs” and “pigs” and “false prophets” unless we have the ability to make a judgment call on doctrines and deeds? Jesus is giving us permission to tell right from wrong.

[www.gotquestions.org...]

It's very easy to misinterpret things when you only examine a small portion of what was said, or a fraction of an event that transpired. Context is everything.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

And what exactly shall I be judged for?

Find something I am offended by and get back to me

This whole thread is about you being offended by others being offended.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

This thread is an observation of society, you perceiving it as me being offended is laughable.

This thread is, essentially, mind your own dang business and let others live their lives. But I can see where some might get confused by that concept

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This thread is an observation of society, you perceiving it as me being offended is laughable.

This thread is, essentially, mind your own dang business and let others live their lives. But I can see where some might get confused by that concept

By creating this thread you are not minding your own business, now are you?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

By commenting on this thread you are furthering my point, now aren't you?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

By commenting on this thread you are furthering my point, now aren't you?

I am not the one complaining about being offended by those who get offended and I don't claim to be someone who minds their own business. However, societal study is one of my interests and as such I involve myself in it. What really is this thread about? Transfolk being offended? Because that seems to be the #1 societal topic that the majority of ATS want to concern themselves with.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I am not complaining about being offended. I find it laughable you want to come in here and claim you know what MY thread is about and why I wrote it.

This thread is about the observations of society I have made over time; People becoming offended by anything and everything that, most of the time, does not even involve them.

Why would you bring up transfolk, something on your mind there? That has not been uttered in this thread, because it's not about trans people, its not about anyone in particular. It is a societal observation in general.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join