It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake's first 'Champ-hearing' recorded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Champ, the famed "monster" of Lake Champlain, might be for real after all.

Researchers working in the Button Bay area of the lake last month say highly sensitive sonar equipment on their boat captured underwater sounds similar to those emitted by a Beluga whale or dolphin.

"What we got was a biological creature creating biosonar at a level that only a few underwater species can do," said Elizabeth von Muggenthaler, president of Fauna Communications Research, a Hillsborough, N.C., firm that studies how animals communicate.

Full Story: www.burlingtonfreepress.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
"Von Muggenthaler said she hoped her discovery would not cause a spate of ill-advised Champ hunting on the lake.

"It is important to remember that, if there is indeed a creature out there, it is protected by New York and Vermont law," she said. "The best thing people could do for this creature, if it exists, is leave it alone."

A principle meriting universal application, except in the case of bottom-dwelling 'president' George W Bush.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Obviouslly calling out to his mate in Scotland. Poor, lonely Champ.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Obviouslly calling out to his mate in Scotland. Poor, lonely Champ.

I don't think so. They used to hook up on weekends, but after Nessie's drinking problems, they called it quits.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I've often wondered why there hasn't been any follow up research of the "bio-location" sounds of the unknown

creature that was recorded. Of all the "cryptids" that have been researched. this to me was a real possibility for

at least some sort of discovery.

It always seems when something gets really interesting..it stops being interesting.
edit on 17-6-2012 by RUFFREADY because: spelling of course :.)

new topics

top topics

join