Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The earth is flat and humans are educated apes

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   


“Whereas you, Galileo, son of the late Vincenzio Galilei, of Florence, aged seventy years, were denounced in 1615, to this Holy Office, for holding as true a false doctrine taught by many, namely, that the sun is immovable in the center of the world, and that the earth moves, and also with a diurnal motion; also, for having pupils whom you instructed in the same opinions; also, for maintaining a correspondence on the same with some German mathematicians; also for publishing certain letters on the sun-spots, in which you developed the same doctrine as true; also, for answering the objections which were continually produced from the Holy Scriptures, by glozing the said Scriptures according to your own meaning; and whereas thereupon was produced the copy of a writing, in form of a letter professedly written by you to a person formerly your pupil, in which, following the hypothesis of Copernicus, you include several propositions contrary to the true sense and authority of the Holy Scriptures; therefore (this Holy Tribunal being desirous of providing against the disorder and mischief which were thence proceeding and increasing to the detriment of the Holy Faith) by the desire of his Holiness and the Most Eminent Lords, Cardinals of this supreme and universal Inquisition, the two propositions of the stability of the sun, and the motion of the earth, were qualified by the Theological Qualifiers as follows:



deoxy.org...


These are the same people that translated Greek scripture into the King James Bible in 1611.

Religion is not rational even when facts show otherwise.

The secularists are no better, they believe in their own religion, Darwinism.

Mankind has gone from being sons of the gods to brothers of apes.

Perhaps that is why extraterrestrials visit this zoo.



[edit on 9-4-2005 by sleeper]




posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Edit: deleted due to being inflamatory and not my style



[edit on 4/9/05 by poonchang]



posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
These are the same people that translated Greek scripture into the King James Bible in 1611.


You may want to look into why the "Church of England" and "Catholic and Apostolic Church of Rome" are not the same people.



posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO

You may want to look into why the "Church of England" and "Catholic and Apostolic Church of Rome" are not the same people.



Are you saying that the Church of England agreed with Galileo?

They didn’t.

They believed that the earth was the center of the universe, much like many people today----who believe earth is the only place with life on it.



posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
Are you saying that the Church of England agreed with Galileo?

They didn’t.

They believed that the earth was the center of the universe, much like many people today----who believe earth is the only place with life on it.


I'm not saying what they believed. I was just saying they weren't the same people.

Sort of like quoting an article on the US nuclear posture then saying "These were the same people who gave us Sputnik". The US and USSR's nuclear posture may have been the same, but they aren't the same people.



[edit on 10-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]



posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO



I'm not saying what they believed. I was just saying they weren't the same people.

Sort of like quoting an article on the US nuclear posture then saying "These were the same people who gave us Sputnik". The US and USSR's nuclear posture may have been the same, but they aren't the same people.


[edit on 10-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]



It took seven years to translate the New Testament; one would have to believe that everyone high up in the church had some input. Like today’s cardinals, they don't all agree but they are in accord or at least know of the major policies in the church and can voice their opinion and objections.
There no reason to believe that certain members in the Church of England didn’t have some say on the conviction of someone as prominent as Galileo.





new topics

top topics
 
1

log in

join