It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sam Brinton arrested again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

Do the political appointees have to go through that drill or are they just given the clearance they need to do their job ?

Cheers

I don’t think Brinton’s job is Senate confirmed, but if it is, generally speaking, everyone has to get a clearance including political appointees.

If a President doesn’t think someone will be able to secure a clearance in a specific Federal role and/or can’t pass a Senate confirmation, the President will title the individual as general counsel or advisor or special advisor to the President and then the President can, in the course of White House business, specifically disclose specific information to those non-official role staff (since the President can reveal classified information to people without a clearance, generally, but especially to seek advice). Informally, there are likely some guardrails on that process, for example, I doubt the President can take an advisor or counsel without clearance into a SCIF, but he can certainly take them into the Oval Office. Many people without clearance including foreign nationals enter the Oval.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ATS Thread dating back to Sam's first arrest as a BIDEN Admin official: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
ATS Thread dating back to Sam's first arrest as a BIDEN Admin official: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just from my background in politics and business, I really don’t understand putting this guy in any serious role — if Biden and sycophants owed a political gig, give him an ambassadorship or something relatively trivial like Dept Interior Deputy Director or whatever.

Ignoring all ethical, moral and non-political considerations…

Why buy the blowback?

It’s super incompetent.

Which, sidelining all other questions about the admin, is why this story has legs (beyond culture wars).

Why buy the blowback on this? I’ve never known a President, Governor, Senator, House member or lower state officeholder that would “buy this blowback” — so why? What was gained? It’s a total mystery to me.

The best defense is “We didn’t know he was a felon-tier burglar” — but that reinforces the idea the admin is incompetent.

This is the most mysterious thing about the Biden admin to me generally, many Admins have chosen many poor candidates for serious positions — but the Biden admin has a self-destructive compulsion to choose staff that maximizes blowback to a greater degree than even Trump.

Why?

It makes no sense in 25 years of being officially and unofficially involved in politics.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This administration showcases what happens when the diversity of a candidate is as much or more of a qualification than their actual real world experience and traditional qualifications to hold the post.

Mayor Pete is as bad at his job as Rick Grenell was good at the one he was appointed to under Trump. Both men are gay. The lack of bagging on Grenell for this shows how much people actually care when the job is done and done competently.

Honestly, people remark on Levine, but absent any clear lack of incompetence, criticism has been mostly muted. Comma-LA gets far more, as does Mayor Pete.
edit on 19-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This administration showcases what happens when the diversity of a candidate is as much or more of a qualification than their actual real world experience and traditional qualifications to hold the post.

Mayor Pete is as bad at his job as Rick Grenell was good at the one he was appointed to under Trump. Both men are gay. The lack of bagging on Grenell for this shows how much people actually care when the job is done and done competently.

Honestly, people remark on Levine, but absent any clear lack of incompetence, criticism has been mostly muted. Comma-LA gets far more, as does Mayor Pete.

Grenell has always been a very competent national security operator from my POV, even before Trump.

And I never gave one whit who he was banging as long as it wasn’t a kid.

He reminds me of friends and friend’s fathers in Dallas who were gay and everyone knew it in 1992 or 1996 or 1999.

We didn’t care. We took people as they came and if they were competent, and our friends (or incompetent and our friends and harmless) then who gives a damn?

I’ll always remember guys coming out in the 90s to their prep school friends, law firm associates, fraternity brothers. The universal reaction was always: “No # we always knew, not a big deal, your GF beard wasn’t that clever.”

In some ways it seems like it’s a more fraught process in the 2010s and 2020s than it was in the ‘90s in ultra GOP North Texas. When I say people didn’t think anything of it, usually already knew and didn’t change their behavior to the individual — I mean this in the most expansive sense possible.

You’re into dicks? K whatever. Like another thread, we are gen x— we never bought any narratives and treated everyone like individuals.

Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like coming out now requires not just saying “yo bro I dig dick” but also “AND I AM IN SOLIDARITY WITH BRONIES and FURRIES and petulant children who make up words.”

That seems way more toxic than the 1990s, when, in any metropolitan area, straight guys and gals weren’t surprised and didn’t care and didn’t expect it to be a political statement.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Pretty much my point exactly.

So long as you do your job and you're good at it. No one cares.

Levine, for all that she may be hideous, must be doing a reasonable job, even if it isn't exactly what I'd always prefer ideologically because there don't seem to have been any glaring breakdowns like there have been in transportation.

And for the most part, that's how this is all supposed to go. Presidents appoint officials, and while you may not agree with their ideological decisions, they still more or less are running things competently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join