It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Crapping Where You Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You may have noticed

We have New Owners.
Darko and Mrs Darko have come to ATS to revitalize, update and fix ATS.

We should all be thrilled. Or at least interested. At the very least polite and respectful.

All the negative comments....are they really necessary? Do you crap on others in your house?
If not, why crap here?

There is a place for constructive criticism. And you have been asked for your opinions.
But all the whining and carrying on?
Before you really get a chance to see what may be coming down the road, why troll the New Guys?

It really isn't a good look. For you or ATS.
Makes it look like you don't really care about the future of your ATS family.

I'm more than willing to give Darko and Mrs Darko a chance to get ATS back on course.
The last couple of years of ATS have been survival mode..... we kept it going waiting for leadership.
Now that it has arrived, we should embrace the chance to bring ATS out of its slumber.

Let's all pitch in because together we can make amazing things happen!

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Don't know who the new owners are. I give the benefit of the doubt until someone gives me a reason not to.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'm prepared to give anyone a chance....especially if it means saving ATS.
I try to take everyone as I find them.

Sure, I have some reservations, as I'm sure many of us have....and I'm sure the new owners find that understandable.

Let's see how it goes, the proof of the pudding and all that.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm here--when I'm here--for beloved ATS fambly (OP included,) topical interests, the befuddlement of bullies and to laugh at shills.

Welcome Darko's! From a business perspective I wonder what setting some good AI loose on some of the past stellar content to create monetized videos might loose? or not. Just a thought. Might be some cool creepy conspiracy pasta anyway.

Might could just automate it and let it rip. Just out off curiosity---y'all have any IC background? Some of the last crew did. Loved 'em anyway.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I am pretty alright with the Darko's seems like they are active both in running the website as well as participating in threads.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thank you for the kind words DTOM! We've received overwhelming support so everything is moving along great. A small handful of people have been pushing back but the reward is seeing a much more loving and active community. Lots of forums coming back to life and much more activity than a month ago. Lots more positive activity too! So don't let the haters get you down. I would be worried if we WEREN'T getting push back!

It comes with the territory. Although I've never tried to turn a community around and raise it up (always built my own from scratch), I have a reputation of not putting up with disrespect or trolling and it's becoming clear here too. I'm also the most loving person, people are seeing that too. It's all in how the person approaches us (myself or my wife).

The best advice I have is: don't take it personally. There are people who want to see ATS 2.0 fail because they invested so much time into driving it into the ground that they've lost control of it. The more they bitch and scream, the more indication it is that we're winning!

One of my favorite podcasters says "Speak your truth and your tribe will find you. The rest don't matter". If people aren't adding anything positive to your life, then X them out and move on. We don't owe anyone anything.
edit on 12-5-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I hope I was counted among the more positive people. I truly appreciate the fact that we have new ownership dedicated to MAGA - Make ATS Great Again. This really is a fantastic site and I honestly believe some of the investigative work and speculative conjecture, the ability to divine truth from piles of mis/disinformation, is genuinely newsworthy. But that won't happen if the anti-MAGA keep dragging things down because they perceive everything in a winner/loser perspective.

Mr. & Mrs. Darko:
The only people who like change are wet babies. Change represents the unknown and that makes some people very uncomfortable, especially when they have worked so hard to turn ATS into what it has been in recent years. So there is bound to be some trepidation. Stay the course, and keep a finger on the pulse of the people. When that pulse rate spikes you may have hit a nerve or you may be sensing excitement for the future. It is wise to be aware of both possibilities.

I have not seen or heard anything yet that gives me great pause. I have seen things that make me believe the future, though different than what I previously expected, is going to be great. We just have to make it through that transition period where some personal growth must take place. For some it may be a period of mourning. And though we may not all feel that way, I think respecting that perspective is important. For others it will the be dawn of a new day, the awakening of the endless possibilities of adventure.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darko
Thank you for the kind words DTOM! We've received overwhelming support so everything is moving along great. A small handful of people have been pushing back but the reward is seeing a much more loving and active community. Lots of forums coming back to life and much more activity than a month ago. Lots more positive activity too! So don't let the haters get you down. I would be worried if we WEREN'T getting push back!

It comes with the territory. Although I've never tried to turn a community around and raise it up (always built my own from scratch), I have a reputation of not putting up with disrespect or trolling and it's becoming clear here too. I'm also the most loving person, people are seeing that too. It's all in how the person approaches us (myself or my wife).

The best advice I have is: don't take it personally. There are people who want to see ATS 2.0 fail because they invested so much time into driving it into the ground that they've lost control of it. The more they bitch and scream, the more indication it is that we're winning!

One of my favorite podcasters says "Speak your truth and your tribe will find you. The rest don't matter". If people aren't adding anything positive to your life, then X them out and move on. We don't owe anyone anything.

you've always been a positive voice from what I remember. Maybe people preferred when the password reset wasn't working, or when new users couldn't sign up, or when the upload function was broken?
Because that's all we've really changed besides adding some background images.
`

Nah, we understand we've changed the dynamic a bit. Much more to come.

You've always been straight up so as a member: How do you feel when you log off of ATS as opposed to a few months ago? Because our goal is to make people feel uplifted, informed, and eager to return. That's our ultimate goal.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   
👋 waves hello to Mr. & Mrs. Darko, Thanks for keeping the lights on at ATS. The members here can be a tough crowd, but hey trust can be challenging for a bunch of “Conspiracy Theorists” ! Looking forward to seeing your new ideas. 🍿

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darko

Your vibe attracts your tribe.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Your Stars-to-Lightning Bolts ratio is admirable. You are indeed well liked across the ATS community, Vroomfondel.

Congratulations!

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My thanks go out to all the Mods and owners.
I am a skeptic and conspiracy theorist down to my bones.
I aways question new things.
If I have said anything, in the past, that offended the Mr. and Mrs.,
I apologize.
They seem like good peeps and are doing what I could only dream of.
Thank all of you!

PS
Happy Mothers Day to all the ATS moms!

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

A Commendable Post . Yes , Do Not Bit the Hand that Feeds Your Voices , it can become Regrettable .

edit on 14-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join