It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hail Mary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Well I'm no hostage negotiator but I'm going to....give it my best shot.

Lol.

Darko, Mrs Darko...

ATS is like an Alfa Romeo.

Yes it's Italian but honestly who isn't full of #?

Yes it drives one up the wall but that's because everyone has a voice and true diversity brings with it an uneasy truce that's just the facts of life.

To create some androgenous, Stepfordian love fest will never work, that's why God kicked Adam and Eve out of Shangri-la or whatever I can't remember.

Life is messy and that's the truth, just as pineapple belongs on pizza. Screw everybody's perceived sense of refinement.

In a world where our very humanity is at stake, it is madness to not provide a platform where people can vent.

Everything is not lah dee dah. We all have untreated trauma and anybody who says different is in a state of denial. The world is moving headlong towards the ugliest of outcomes and yet... Every now and then there's a tiny glimmer of hope for tired, defiant eyes.

To put it more bluntly, it is not good business sense to cancel the most popular forum by a country mile.

I also do understand that to come up negatively in searches on Google can do our inbred little love child untold damage and for that I want to propose a solution.

Create conditions similar to R. A. T. S. for the Mudpit. That way, it won't show up in Google's search results.

First time visitors also won't be exposed to all the rowdiness as they would have to build up a post count to even have access to the Mudpit forum and by that time if ATS has kept your attention the Mudpit won't chase you away.

While I cannot argue against the "my house, my rules" mindset, it's perhaps timely to mention the true reason for ATS's continued survival up until now.

Content is king, and the statistics speak for themselves.

From what I gather you and Mrs Darko have built an empire of sorts for yourselves which proves that you do possess a certain business acumen.

It's for this reason that I believe I'm not wasting my time writing to you now.

Sooner or later your involvement in ATS might dwindle due to bigger ventures on your horizon and content generators such as myself will be what keep things interesting around these parts.

So please, don't turn ATS into a French Car.

I'm pretty sure that's what unleashes the 4th horseman of the apocalypse.

In short, I'm sure you have some great ideas for the future of ATS but what good is a product when you have no one to show it to?

Right now ATS is hemorrhaging members and mods.

The mods here are some of the best in the business, and that's no small claim either.

Trust us with your baby, and ban individuals who simply take it a step too far. Fair enough.

But allow ATS to be unpredictable and rough around the edges but with a good heart, because left or right... that is the true conspiracy that defines most members of ATS.

Thank you for your time.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Create conditions similar to R. A. T. S. for the Mudpit. That way, it won't show up in Google's search results.

First time visitors also won't be exposed to all the rowdiness as they would have to build up a post count to even have access to the Mudpit forum and by that time if ATS has kept your attention the Mudpit won't chase you away.

That's not a bad idea. Just like RATS, have it set up so not just anyone can get in. If you haven't been around long enough or participated enough to have a decent post count, it shows you're not all that interested and you can't just drop in one liners and run.

But...don't hold your breath.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Great. Kant wait to have those "trans genocide" titles pop up in the rats-pit instead.

Real progress, I tell ya!

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Or ATS Reddit could become the political side. It's still there, sitting empty

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Hey, I'm a one-liner post-and-run manly manifeasto-beasto., and I am totally interested in ATS fluorishing like the pocket universe it is!

I propose ATS uses the individual's karmic accountability score for further Forum access.
Content of character content and all that jazz. Like university used to be.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It has seemed very dead around here lately, which makes me sad.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Everything you said is spot on.

While our whole world was censored, people cancelled, ATS stayed a beacon of light during turbulent times, not because we all agreed, but because everyone had their say. It was more important for freedom of speech than we'll probably ever see again, especially with the high level of moderation that kept it classy. Not always perfect but far better than most alternatives.

Some members got pissed because things got too political for them but that is inevitable when we hit a time in history when all the conspiracies of the past start to converge in the light of truth and we see the control system tightening around our necks. At this point everything is political because it supersedes more interesting subjects in importance. People won't all agree but we are literally running out of places to talk about it among educated, intelligent people. Yes, there are other platforms but ATS felt like family.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Terms And Conditions

It is time to stop defining ATS in terms of the Mud Pit....it is archived. Done deal.

Open your minds to new possibilities....
Be the Change You Wish to See. Redux.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join