It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids to Babylon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I Do say that the pyramids where towers to the heavens.
I Do say that they worshiped the sun gods for more than life and ext.
The bible even says that the Babylon will be surounded by water and what was surounded by jungle and water?
even the aztecs and mayans had channels of water that filled when activated.
Yets say you and your civilization built pyramids as a name(Vessel) to the heavens and God came and said No Not Yet People... and then split you all up into little groups around the world. Would you try to remember the tower that your civilization built and build it again...

Ask your self... Why did they all worship the sun?
Why did they Go to the extreme to build them with exact
measurments?
Why did they all sacrifice humans on it or place there kings
in Tombs inside?
Why do they all have astronomical signs? (Orions Belt ext.)
Why dont people link hyrogliphics to the bible and other
Why dont people care about the most Mysterous Structures
On Earth?

The Harvest is soon -Sleeping Dillinger

[edit on 9-4-2005 by SleepingDillinger]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The ancient Egyptians always meant the pyramids to be tombs not temples. The temples for pharao were build near pyramids.

he bible even says that the Babylon will be surounded by water and what was surounded by jungle and water?
So what was surrounded by jungle and water? Anyway Babylon had water tunel defense system to flood the terain around the city during sieges. Not something special if you ask me, considering their whole civilization was build around water canals. What are you trying to say?

As for worshiping the sun - the sun gave life and warm to the people it is just logical thing they all worshiped it.

Why did they all sacrifice humans ...
All? Only Mezoamerican and Phoenician civilizations and maybe some Indians (Kali cult). Others did it only very rarely or not at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The pyramids were to do with the afterlife.

Built on strategic locations and pointing to the star/consellation that the pharoe was born under.... put a bottle wrapped in wet paper on top of one and you get electricity, sparks flying from it. (tough to belive)

Intresting also that things don't rot inside of pyramid structures they dry up... there was or is a cult based on this where they wear pyramid structures on their heads to protect themselves or something.

Not sure what its really about though.

[edit on 9-4-2005 by An Entity]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Are they wearing them to protect from falling sparks?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sounds to me like someone is a WITD wannabe.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SleepingDillinger
I Do say that the pyramids where towers to the heavens.

No offense, here, but you might want to do a bit more reading on the civilizations and on the pyramids.

The bible even says that the Babylon will be surounded by water and what was surounded by jungle and water?

And you might want to spend a bit more time with the Bible (it doesn't say that) and with some books on the area. There's no jungles near Babylon for thousands of miles in every direction. Nor is Babylon surrounded by countries that had jungles.

Are you confusing Babylon with Ankor Wat or some of the Mayan/Olmec/Aztec ruins?

even the aztecs and mayans had channels of water that filled when activated.

They were among many ancient civilizations who had irrigation systems, yes. But they're not the only ones.

Yets say you and your civilization built pyramids as a name(Vessel) to the heavens and God came and said No Not Yet People... and then split you all up into little groups around the world. Would you try to remember the tower that your civilization built and build it again...

That's actually a "why things are" legend in the Bible. We know that some languages are MUCH older than the other, and there's no universal legend of towers of Babylon (which was a zuggarat) although there are local stories of it. The Bible is the only source that says that it offended a god/gods and this caused separation and new languages.

Ask your self... Why did they all worship the sun?

Not all civilizations did.

Why did they Go to the extreme to build them with exact
measurments?

Uhm, we can measure things exactly, so we can say "this is an exact measurement." Their engineers could measure things fairly closely (they used seeds for the tiniest measurements) But there's no Grand Universal system of measurement in ancient times.

Why did they all sacrifice humans on it or place there kings
in Tombs inside?

Many of the pyramids were built as platforms for royal palaces (this is in true in Central America with the Aztecs/Mayans) and other important buildings. Many kings/royal personages/emperors/high chiefs weren/t buried in pyramids.

Why do they all have astronomical signs? (Orions Belt ext.)

I think you've got ahold of some VERY bad information, here. Pyramids don't have "astrolonomical signs" and Orion's belt (and Orion) isn't an "astronomical sign." In old days, Orion was not seen as a single constellation but as two (in Egypt) and as other things by other cultures.

Why dont people link hyrogliphics to the bible and other

Because they can't. The hieroglyphics record the rulers and ceremonies and things pertaining to Egypt. There's no mention of any Biblical event (including the flood or the presence of Israelites) in any of the millions of hieroglyphic and demotic texts that we have.

Why dont people care about the most Mysterous Structures
On Earth?

They do. But there are hundreds of "theories" made up by people who don't take the time to really study what's already known. They just make up what they like and publish it on Internet.

A lot of people fall for that and take it for fact.

Can I recommend that you start your reading with Wikipedia and with Catchpenny's Mysteries of Ancient Egypt?

www.catchpenny.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Lots of civilizations utilize water in the form of channels (irrigation, sewer, whatever). In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of one that doesn't.

Originally posted by An Entity
The pyramids were to do with the afterlife.

Built on strategic locations and pointing to the star/consellation that the pharoe was born under.... put a bottle wrapped in wet paper on top of one and you get electricity, sparks flying from it. (tough to belive)

Intresting also that things don't rot inside of pyramid structures they dry up... there was or is a cult based on this where they wear pyramid structures on their heads to protect themselves or something.

Not sure what its really about though.

Can you please provide a link about this? It sounds awesome!

Your second point, could it be that the aridity of the geographic area had something to do with it, or were you suggesting that things don't rot in pyramidal structures, regardless of location? I think I've heard that somewhere before.

top topics

join