It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome a new ATS member is clogging up recent posts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The first thing I check when I log on to ATS is the recent posts. Here recently it is getting bogged down with welcoming new ATS members. Can we welcome them in some other way, without clogging up recent posts?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Covered.

New Introduction Threads

But, to quote SO, with whom I agree greatly,

When newly approved members get their confirmation email, it includes a link to their introduction thread. The idea is to give them a friendly "hello" upon their first encounter as a new member.

I think this will go a long way toward helping new members get off on the right start.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Agreed, If it is inappropriate to give indiviual respects to new mods then in the same right so should it be so with new members...I would also point out the lack of goodbyes was in part a control of uneeded trafic and they to where done away with.

I would suggestio one post per month or quarter to welcome a group of members as most of us welcome newbies as we meet them on our own..

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That's an excellent point drbryankkruta! Why have a new thread for each new member when we couldn't express our farewells to beloved departing mods individually? Or congrats to the new mods, friends we've known for a long time?

[edit on 4/8/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nevermind...........

[edit on 8-4-2005 by jrod]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Like Amory mentioned, this has been covered recently here, a few hours ago:

New Introduction Threads

Thread closed.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics