It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Rudolph Will Plead Guilty to 1996 Atlanta Olympics Bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Eric Rudolph agreed to plead guilty to the bombing of the Atlanta Summer Olympics in 1996 along with three other blasts in order to avoid getting the death penalty. The other bombings he plans to plead to include a 1998 attack on an Alabama abortion clinic and the 1997 bombings of a lesbian bar and abortion clinic. He will get life in prison under the deal.

www.foxnews.com
MONTGOMERY, Ala. — Eric Rudolph has agreed to plead guilty to the 1996 bombing at the Atlanta Olympics and three other blasts, sources close to the case confirmed to FOX News on Friday.

Sources close to the case told FOX Rudolph would receive life in prison under the deal, in which he would also plead guilty in the 1998 bombing of an Alabama abortion clinic. Rudolph had faced a possible death sentence.

Neither U.S. Attorney Alice Martin or defense lawyer Bill Bowen immediately returned calls.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Atlanta Olympics bombing was a rare case of U.S. domestic terrorism that shocked the nation. I'd like to see him eligible for the death penalty since several people died any many were injured due to his crimes, but I imagine life in prison without parole will be adequate to protect the public and the plea deal with spare victims' families the pain of reliving the past in a trial.

[edit on 4/8/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Isn't it a plea deal? I think he's admitting to 3 charges to avoid the death penalty.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
If he admits these bombings...

To escape the death penalty...

And the 'true' bomber/s are out there?

Where's the justice?

- Nazgarn

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
He admits the bombings because he did it, yet another conspiracy theory shot to ell. If the "True" bombers are still out there they why has no other abortion clinics blown up in the south? (you people slay me with your conspiracies...
)

I wonder if the Atlanta Constipation, CNN and other "media" outlets will apologize to Richard Jewell for false accusations now that Rudolph has confessed. I will not hold my breath.

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Moon Puppy]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moon Puppy[/]
I wonder if the Atlanta Constipation, CNN and other "media" outlets will apologize to Richard Jewell for false accusations now that Rudolph has confessed. I will not hold my breath.
[edit on 10-4-2005 by Moon Puppy]

This is what bothers me. Remember all the circumstantial evidence against Jewel - nails bought at an obscure country hardware store in Jewel's neighborhood, etc, etc. The details were incredible and left any one else out of the picture. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure Richard Jewel was innocent.

And now we have Eric Rudolph who hates abortion, admitting to the Olympic bombing because he wants to embarrass the US government. I'm sorry but I don't see the connection. The rest of Eric's bombings fit his cause but this one doesn't. Sure, it embarrasses the government but how do the abortions fit in???

I haven't heard from the FBI how all of Richard Jewel's circumstantial evidence fits into Eric Rudolph. Please remember all the precise details they had. Where is it with Eric Rudolph?

I noticed on ABC and CBS news they dumbfound this further by interviewing bombing victims from abortion clinics, rather than the Olympic bombing, and stating how they were glad he pleaded guilty to the Olympic bombing.

So how does the evidence that the FBI collected that looked like Richard Jewel was guilty, now prove it was Eric Rudolph? Who in the FBI has explained this?

Does anyone else smell a cover up?

[edit on 4/14/05 by Qwas]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
And now the poor man originally suspected didn't even live to be 45.

www.cnn.com...

How sad that he should be most remembered for this (well, by the media and public in general). It seems he was sick for the last few months. I wonder how much of that time, if any, he had been hospitalized. It says the coroner, working with the local FBI agency, will conduct an autopsy even though it appears to be a death from natural causes. I suppose they need to eliminate any possibility that people will say his death was suspicious.

new topics

top topics

join