It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these photos real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Im not sure if this is in the right forum but:

Theres a website that claims to have real, IN COLOR World War 1 photos:
www.poiemadesign.com...

i dont know if these are phony are what..

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yeah its real. At least the technology. Check out this link en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
They could be real color photos or colorized black and whites. Color photography did exist in WW1, it was just rare and high tech for the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They are real. These photographs have been around the Internet for a long time but have only recently gained public attention. Check this site out:

www.greatwar.nl

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Zipdot]

jra

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
More coloured photos here: www.loc.gov... Taken in Russia in the very early 1900's. It's neat stuff and some really nice looking photos too.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
All of the links and photographs you provided are mesmerizing. I spent hours pouring through them.

I learned a lot about WWI and II that had never been taught to me during my schooling. I particularly enjoyed the unbiased research of hitler and Remarque.

Allied propaganda was spoon-fed to me even as a young child. Dad would tell the story of the Christmas Truce right before "'Twas The Night Before Christmas" once a year. I found the information provided above quite informative.

Dot.

Dot Off-Topic EDIT:
Geeze. The whole point to my response was to mention George Grosz. I had never heard of him. His story is strange. He volunteered for the German Amry during the outbreak of the First World War, was released as "unfit." conscripted again, and was kept away from the front lines. He was given the duty of transporting and guarding POW's.

Strangely, though, he tried to commit suicide in 1917, and sent to a military hospital. What confuses me (maybe you guys can help me) is to why he was then sentenced to death?

Only then was he labeled as "shell-shocked," and was discharged from the German Army. After his drawings brought him to court as being "blasphemous," he was found guilty than later acquitted.

In 1933, he fled to the USA because he was being harassased by the Gestapo. Why, then, did he return to Germany in 1959?

He died that year.

Quite a mysterious man... definitely mentally ill....
Dot.

[edit on 9-4-2005 by dotgov101]

top topics

join