It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Need for Speed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hey all!

Well, the weather has made a turn for the better. It was 70F this past week which is wonderful flying temps! I pulled out my favorite drone and ripped some low fast laps. (I like how it looks, holding long fast lines.. makes me feel like I'm in a futuristic space ship) This is a pretty good flight. Less flippy floppy, more speed.

As always, I hope you enjoy!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It an agile thing you have happening. Does make me wonder how much in crashed drones it has cost you to get this far.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

There were crashes in the beginning for sure! The drone frame is made completely out of carbon fiber. So a crash usually results in just replacing propellers. Everything else is usually ok.. But there are times you lose a motor or two. But luckily the parts aren't too much individually. 3$ US for a set of propellers 20$ US to replace a motor.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

I'd like to see you open both windows in that shed and fly through the shed.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Breathtaking as always, nice edit and timing with the music

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Exhilirating! And excellent flying. That was a close call with the top of that bare tree near the end.

edit on 13/4/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ByteChanger

I never even thought of that! That may be a possibility!!

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

Breathtaking as always, nice edit and timing with the music

Thank you !

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

That's an old Ash tree that died a few years back. A victim of the Emerald Ash Borer. Pretty much all the Ash trees are on their way out now because of it (in our area). Its unfortunate too. Years ago, that was a huge healthy tree. Not so much anymore.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Barnstorm! Barnstorm! Barnstorm!
(Lol, I remember an 8bit magenta/white/cyan Barnstorm game I played on muh Tandy. Thanks for the extra ride!)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It's always very sad when a tree dies.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128

That's an old Ash tree that died a few years back. A victim of the Emerald Ash Borer. Pretty much all the Ash trees are on their way out now because of it (in our area). Its unfortunate too. Years ago, that was a huge healthy tree. Not so much anymore.

Ash makes Excellent Fire Wood.
The Flight of the Drone is Awesome and you appear to be an Excellent Operator.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002

originally posted by: Triton1128

Ash makes Excellent Fire Wood.

It's also a great tone wood for homemade solid body 6stg and basses. If it's good enough for Fender/Gibson it's good enough for me.

strummingbars.com...

btw....what kind of license does a drone pilot need.
edit on 13-4-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You need to register with the FAA (small fee) and once you get your ID. It needs to be on all your drones (like boats). You also have to pass a test:

The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) was developed to meet this requirement. TRUST provides education and testing on important safety and regulatory information. If you fly your drone recreationally under the Exception for Recreational Flyers, you must pass the test before you fly.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Thanks bluesman462002. I don't get out there as much as I would like. I started flying back in 2016.

new topics

top topics

join