It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About 10 Chinese and 10 Taiwanese Ships in Stand-Off near Taiwan Strait Median Line

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I just saw thing putting up a sign for the 20 Dollar Store that sells all the Chinese Plastic and Swap Meet Food.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
The simple way to stop the crap is to give Taiwan 10 to 20 nukes. Then Taiwan can say "come get some." A couple of burnt out Chinese cities and and a burnt out Taiwan would make that invasion prohibitively expense.

Great idea.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

As far as I can tell, the Taiwanese military is very well trained. They've been expecting China to attempt this for a very long time.

China probably, if they throw down, win--but the price they'll pay will be excessive.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My main reason for supporting Taiwan is the company tsmc which manufactures around %54 (next biggest accounts for %17 which is samsung) of the global chip market, which ya know we kinda need. If the ccp got their grubby little pooh hands into that honey it'll spell doom for the western economy especially the USA.

Another is that Taiwan is a USA ally and anytime an alliance is made it needs to be kept and honored otherwise we are no better than the scum that run china.

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They dont currently have the capacity to do a full land invasion based on the number of publicly known beachhead vehicles, on top of what you said about lacking combat training.

Another is chinas lack of resources mainly for power generation (which is a major reason they are cuddling up to russia). The ccp has all but drained their coal mines and have little to no areas to drill for oil from what i know.

Another is food production, for which they rely heavily on imports.

Not to mention how low grade their military is in quality, dropout rates are high, number of troops actually recruited are also low compaired to the expected amount geiven the massive population.many fail the initial tests.
The training level is among the lowst rated in the world to my knowledge.
Only thing keeping them on the world stage like russia is their nuclear capabilities, and them stealing secrets and worming their way into everything.

A simple naval blockade and complete stop in any imports and the ccp would collapse and be replaced by various factions each controlling a fraction of the whole.

China itself will only fracture same as it always has.
They seem to be good at that lmao.

.a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: coldisbest

Taiwan blows their huge dam,china is screwed.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Taiwan blows their huge dam,china is screwed.

I've been thinking of that also.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: gb540

As far as I can tell, the Taiwanese military is very well trained. They've been expecting China to attempt this for a very long time.

China probably, if they throw down, win--but the price they'll pay will be excessive.
Probably why china is signing a bunch of deals with major nations, those same nations could be a hinderence to any future plans.

Cut out the US, invade Taiwan, watch as US calls to censore and contain china go unaswered.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
China and Taiwanese forces so close together are inherently dangerous, one misstep or accident and wars do definitely start this way, and so do false flags such as the Gulf of Tonkin which is just 800 miles away.

I completely understand the want and need to play chicken when China does this crap, the problem is both sides probably have factions that are looking for a reason to escalate the situation.

Im sure the USA has a few Ohio class boomers lurking 👀 near by just for fun .
As long as weak Biden is in office , it’s a barroom blitz. America needs to either walk away from the Ukrainian war or smash Russia back to the stone age.
Xi is watching Joe’s commitment to the Ukraine as a bellwether for a Taiwan invasion.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   
No fly zone coming ?? I dont like this ...

China to close airspace north of Taiwan April 16-18, sources say

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

good points and true, well said.
also note.
typhoon season normally runs from may to october
and that is NO time to be trying to launch a cross straits amphib
attack, or even a ww2 style market garden stuff up

<< 1   >>

join