It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is going on with ats? Glitches thread....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There are a number of posts on the front page from the last couple days with well over 1000 flags, one over 2000. There aren't even that many active users of ats, let alone that many that engage with posts.

Are there shadow accounts targeting posts with certain word strings? Russian hackerbots of doom? China flu carrying bat bots?

Or is it a longterm April fools joke?

Or possibly a glitch?

Or has ats finally jumped the shark?

Someone please explain.

ETA, I'm adding the fact I'm pointing this out, the highest flag count I've ever seen here was in like the high 600s iirc
edit on 8-4-2023 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Apr 11 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

We are living in unprecedented times my friend , expect the unexpected.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Seems like if you type in China on your heading something weird happens at least on my post anyway.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I do remember someone posting a link to a site that showed net traffic to sites, with sites being nodes of varying sizes, and ATS was a bit larger than expected. Idk if that's bots or if we have alot more lurkers than we initially thought. But the usual suspects are a low number, and the occasional posters (like what I became) are not very many.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Mods have been working on updating the site, and with updates come glitches. They're working the bugs out as fast as they can.....

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Yeah apparently.

This got shoved over to board business and questions, when I chose General conspiracy for a reason. I don't like the new owners of ATS, and the direction it's been headed.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Keeping in mind the flag system is meant to inform audiences about active topics, there's no status or prizes to be earned by accumulating flags. That's what the stars are for... actually... there's no status or prizes for accumulating stars either.

Oops.

edit on 8-4-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Mods have been working on updating the site, and with updates come glitches. They're working the bugs out as fast as they can.....

This!!

Darko has been behind the scenes fixing bugs and giving some TLC to the database.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Sure there are. See those silver bars around your stats in the mini profile…that is a prize. Although it used to be better, unless you became a mod…then you lost the prize. I enjoyed my silver for about a week.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

There was a huge party, it was a blast... there were strippers too, everyone staggered out of the joint.

If you couldn't log in that just means you weren't cool enough to be invited but it's all good, you still in da club.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: nugget1

This!!

Darko has been behind the scenes fixing bugs and giving some TLC to the database.

Using a laptop for a second, thanks for the ongoing update.
Can't use a tablet or cellphone still, if this has been addressed.

thankyou

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Did you try to clear cache on the tablet?
Logout and login, etc.

edit on Sat Apr 8 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Back in the days there was a glitch like that, and everyone got to keep their stars and flags... I'm suspicious maybe a new cast is being propped?
you know appeal to authority still works, at least for those that use desktop mode, as I'm always on mobile I mistreat everyone equally...

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Did you try to clear cache on the tablet?
Logout and login, etc.

chuckling

Yes I did, 3 to 4 times. it was suggested to use incognito mode on the phone ( on discord ), which worked for a bit.

But right now, just the recent page shows on the phone and tablet ( displaying the highest flags ). When I click on a thread, I get booted out of ATS all together. So I can't access ATS.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

LOL
I thought I would ask.

Your issue seems different to my non-IT brain.
I bet you are not the only member with this issue.

I'll pass this on the Darko.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thank you,

moto 2022 cricket android
samsung galaxy s7

note: no matter the New, Recent, buttons show the same page. if I need to make a youtube video, then I will. the keys on this laptop are killing me. typos aplenty.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join