It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Patriarchate church no longer exists in Lviv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchy was demolished.
The Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchy had lasted for 2000 years

This is the oldish church that existed far longer than America.

How ironic that the ones that brought down in Lvi, Ukraine.

Have no problem with their statues of their Fascist hero Stepan Andriyovych Bandera.

Moscow Patriarchate church no longer exists in Lviv

This order came from two.
US, Volodymyr Zelensky.

Multiple cities in Ukraine have recently revoked the land rights of churches belonging to the Moscow Patriarchate or prohibited them from continuing to hold services.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

My family is Armenian on my dads side. There is an amazing story how my family (who actually ruled in the Ottoman Empire during the late 1800s) came to America in 1913. It involved a Russian family that had been persecuted for their faith in God and their religion. Efim Gerasimovitch Klubnikin was known as the Russian child prophet. Its a story that was partially told to me in the early 60s by my grandfather .My family listened to the prophecy and obeyed God, and came to America in obedience. ( this is all recorded n a book named " The happiest people on Earth" That is about my family too)

3 years later, everyone who stayed behind in Turkey and Armenia were murdered like the prophecy stated. As a strange and funny side note, I read Kim Kardashian family did the same. It is unfortunate the turn they took in recent decades as a family

Bottom line: Im kind of glad Russia persecuted Christians. It saved my families lives.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
The Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchy had lasted for 2000 years

Rubbish!

If you actually bothered to read the story (can Putinbots read?) it clearly says:

"According to Sadovyi, local authorities have dismantled one illegal UOC-MP building in the city and handed over two churches of the Moscow Patriarchate to the Orthodox Church of Ukraine and a medical association. Meanwhile, the owner of another building leased by the UOC-MP has terminated the rental agreement."

Whether the one building that was demolished was actually a place of worship isn't made clear (it probably wasn't though - religious orders own many modern buildings other than their actual churches) but there's absolutely nothing to suggest it was more than a few years old, let alone the oldest church in the world - as you quite falsely imply!

Stop spreading lies.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

This is absolute rubbish and honk. The church shifted status. It was not demolished. If you're going to parrot Russian propaganda then make it believable.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Bottom line: Im kind of glad Russia persecuted Christians. It saved my families lives.

I wonder if this bible passage reflects upon your family dillema:

John 12:24 - Truly, truly, I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a seed; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25 Whoever loves his life will lose it, but whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, My servant will be as well. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.…

Just a thought to possibly think about from a senile old man.

edit on 7-4-2023 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Rubbish!

If you actually bothered to read the story (can Putinbots read?) it clearly says:

"According to Sadovyi, local authorities have dismantled one illegal UOC-MP building in the city and handed over two churches of the Moscow Patriarchate to the Orthodox Church of Ukraine and a medical association. Meanwhile, the owner of another building leased by the UOC-MP has terminated the rental agreement."

Whether the one building that was demolished was actually a place of worship isn't made clear (it probably wasn't though - religious orders own many modern buildings other than their actual churches) but there's absolutely nothing to suggest it was more than a few years old, let alone the oldest church in the world - as you quite falsely imply!

Stop spreading lies.

Go do some research.

The UN was writing reports on this months ago.

You're the one spreading disinformation, all the while accusing someone else of doing it.

With the support of the authorities, the OCU conducted raids to seize churches and also carried out attacks on the clergy and believers. Searches were carried out at the homes of priests, and bishops, and in churches and monasteries. In addition, the authorities demanded that the monks of the UOC left the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra before March 29.
link

-------

UN Raises Alarm Over Clampdown On Ukraine Church With Alleged Russia Links, Calls Action Discriminatory
link

There's about 100 more....

Pathetic 77th Propaganda Division Rubbish, indeed...
edit on 4/7/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   
A new and more difficult chapter begins if the Ukrainians successfully defeat the Russian invasion. So a high risk of reprisals against ethnic Russians and anything remotely tied to Russia will exist. Moreover, Western political leaders engaging with their Ukrainian counterparts concerning that issue is an overlooked and vital matter.

Despite this, some of the UOC's top clergy have been accused of still covertly supporting Moscow, using their position to influence churchgoers.

The SBU security service in Kyiv announced on Tuesday it was conducting "counter-intelligence measures" to target the "subversive activities" of Russian special services. It said there was an increased risk of attack, sabotage and hostage-taking in places that attracted large groups of citizens.

Article from November 2022.

On top of that, last year a criminal inquiry was opened after a video emerged of pro-Russian propaganda being sung, referring to the awakening of Mother Russia, while the head of a diocese in the Vinnytsia area of central Ukraine was charged with preparing leaflets supporting the invasion.

Story

Russia's actions in Ukraine have side effects beyond the death toll and destruction they are inflicting daily. So without Russia's military onslaught, the alleged pro-Russian clerics wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.

Lastly, unlike the Abbey at Monte Cassino, Italy (1944), existing historical sites in Ukraine aren't centrefold to battlefields, so they are more likely to survive the war intact.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 01:49 AM
link   

The Orthodox Church of Ukraine was created in 2018 in recognition that there was a sovereign Ukrainian state. One of the fourteen autocephalous churches of Constantinople under the wider Eastern Orthodoxy, which includes the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC).

Churches change and evolve over time.

For those who wanted to keep Ukraine part of the ROC in some vain attempt to maintain their belief that Ukraine was actually Russian, it has clearly been a frustrating time. Move on guys. Write a letter to the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, as I think he's the boss-man of all of this?

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Rubbish!

Stop spreading lies.

Go do some research.

The UN was writing reports on this months ago.

You're the one spreading disinformation, all the while accusing someone else of doing it.

With the support of the authorities, the OCU conducted raids to seize churches and also carried out attacks on the clergy and believers. Searches were carried out at the homes of priests, and bishops, and in churches and monasteries. In addition, the authorities demanded that the monks of the UOC left the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra before March 29.
link

-------

UN Raises Alarm Over Clampdown On Ukraine Church With Alleged Russia Links, Calls Action Discriminatory
link

There's about 100 more....

Pathetic 77th Propaganda Division Rubbish, indeed...

You seem to be confusing the terms Church (religious order) with church (place of worship).

Yes, a particular religious order has been banned (as some Islamic ones, for example, are banned in other countries, when they support terrorists).

But nowhere has any 2,000 year old building been demolished as the OP falsely implies.

top topics

join