It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST -- April 2023 -- SCIENCE FAILS --WSF2023 --Winners Are Posted

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

LOL, I always love a parody...I can't see why it couldn't work.

Let's just say that the theme could provide a wide platform, metaphorically speaking.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

I've enjoyed this conversation about outlining a story based on clues. From the replies, I'm thinking of posting an idea that could make this little oasis of ATS a bit more interesting to other members.

I'm on the train atm, I'll see what I can post a bit later.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

What is the correct number of "chugga chuggas" before "woo woo?"

Therein lies synchronicity and irony.

(Sorry, I was feeling cryptic and mysterious...)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

LOL, had me scratching my head for a minute. Ok, irony = tracks, synchronicity = connecting rods on choo choo wheels.

I believe the woo woos are dependent on pressure build up, too much of which requires woo woos to relieve, thus avoiding a bang, boom, WTF, moment.

Therefore, the number of chugga chuggas becomes a variable that I don't have a bloody clue how to calculate at 4am. I can hardly count to ten, but I enjoyed the conundrum.

edit on 17/5/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I believe the woo woos are dependent on pressure build up, too much of which requires woo woos to relieve, thus avoiding a bang, boom, WTF, moment.

Therefore, the number of chugga chuggas becomes a variable that I don't have a bloody clue how to calculate at 4am. I can hardly count to ten, but I enjoyed the conundrum.

We will quote these words back to your younger relatives when you are older, and they will nod their heads and understand.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Yep, this is the dawn of my senility and my return to the cradle before the grave.

Cool lizard, Argentus!

edit on 19/5/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It's not senility -- is the cloud that surrounds us all in which funny and elderly stuff is born and lives. Humor is the breath of life, imo, as is creativity. ;o)

Thanks! The lizard is a heavily edited photo of a blue iguana in the Botanical Park in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. Boop!

ETA: The red eyes of the iguana are completely real.

edit on 19/5/23 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Cheers, Argentus, absolutely!

I thought the colours were a bit saturated, but I didn't doubt the eye... I once saw one in a pet shop.

I'd love to have an iguana, but the wife would walk out on me... Umm, wait, I think I'm hatching a plan.

edit on 20/5/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   

'hatching' a plan.
Well, I don't know this personally, but I've been told that iguanas are poor cuddlers -- except to other iguanas. I think I'd avoid that if I were you. ;o)

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Thanks for the tip, Argentus! I hadn't thought of the cuddliness factor; more a means to an end. I'd probably trade-in the iguana for an African Grey parrot (not dead, hopefully).

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The next contest is up...and running!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dapaga

I'd be honored.

Sent you a DM, Dapaga.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>