It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking Was Wrong, Said Stephen Hawking

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I finished the book - finally. Hertog incorporates so many topics that the title topic gets lost. Not that the topics aren't interesting, they certainly are, but I was expecting some type of conclusion that summarized what Hawking's "final theory" was.

The last chapter goes into the same mumbo jumbo "if we don't take care of the planet, we're all going to die" blah, blah, blah.

Sean Carroll published an interview with Hertog today. Link: www.preposterousuniverse.com...

The interview reflects his writing style in the book. It's all over the place. He does seem to focus on the many worlds interpretation (Hawking and Hertog do not agree with the multiverse theory). The questions he asks about the theory are worthwhile and he discusses it at length in the interview. Actually, it's the only part of the book that I found interesting and worth researching.

Not book I enjoyed reading.

I am reading a book that I can recommend: "The Making of the Atomic Bomb" by Richard T. Rhodes. This book covers the work of the early scientists in the late 1900's and early 20th century. Definitely worth reading if you want to understand what science is about and what it takes to get the job done.

edit on 15-5-2023 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join