It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Legislature Passes Bill to Protect Women’s Sports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Another state soon to pass sanity bills to allow girls to compete in women's sports and not have to shower with men. If / when the Democratic Governor Vetos the bill, there is enough support to override the Veto.

How long before the Feds trash title 9 protections completely?

www.breitbart.com...

Both chambers of the Kansas State Legislature have passed a bill to ban men from playing in women’s sports. The legislation now goes to Gov. Laura Kelly’s (D) desk.

Now, the legislation will go to Democrat Gov. Laura Kelly’s desk. Kelly has vetoed two distinct pieces of similar legislation, saying that the bills were “harmful to students and their families” as well as “bad for business.”

But it appears that Republicans now have enough votes to overturn a veto from the governor. The bill needs 84 supporters in the House in order to overturn a veto, and while the legislation only received 82 votes, two Republicans were absent. Meanwhile, supporters of the ban had enough votes in the Senate to override a veto.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Dear Kansas,
Thank you!

Sincerely,
Sane people everywhere.

edit on 13-3-2023 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well, she looks like a woman. Maybe she'll act like one and defend others like herself.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
As a Democrat, I think that is great. I don't think men should compete as women at the collegiate level. I do remember a Republican Gov Vetoing something similar with a great reason. Something to do with suicides of those kids, Talking of younger kids.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The evil left will come out and say if you are for women, you are transphobic.

Mark my words. . . . . .

top topics

join