It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Big 2 Fail 2.0 Billionaire investor Bill Ackman wants US government to bailout Silicon Valley Ban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
BOHICA: To Big To Fail Ver 2.0
Billionaire investor Bill Ackman says the US government should consider a "highly dilutive" bailout of Silicon Valley Bank amid jitters about its financial position.

The bank's failure "could destroy an important long-term driver of the economy as VC-backed companies rely on SVB for loans and holding their operating cash," Ackman said in a series of tweets on Thursday. "If private capital can't provide a solution, a highly dilutive gov't preferred bailout should be considered," he said." "We should not reward poor risk management or protect shareholders from risks they knowingly assumed" "The risk of failure and deposit losses here is that the next, least well-capitalized bank faces a run and fails and the dominoes continue to fall. That is why gov’t intervention should be considered.."

, so he practically said , equity holders, management, shareholders, should not be bailed out due to the risk they assumed,...BUT its OK to bail out depositors on the risk they assumed.
Guess where his (or his close associates) cash position is probably positioned at? And I wonder where Pelosi's money and the rest of Congress's money is at. We'll find out shortly (pun).

edit on v032023Fridaypm31America/ChicagoFri, 10 Mar 2023 17:03:27 -06001 by Violater1 because: yukyjufkoi

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

It all depends on how linked the federal government is to this bank. If other banks start to fall like dominoes, its going to be another busted bubble.

We still do not know the extent of the damage.
edit on 10-3-2023 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

With whos money exactly?

Go ask Ukraine Bill.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

It all depends on how linked the federal government to is this bank. If other banks start to fall like dominoes, its going to be another busted bubble.

We still do not the extend of the damage.

So then they roll out CBDCs and social credit to save the day. Soon you'll have a big bank account but won't be allowed to spend it because you posted on ATS and that's bad for social credit.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Bill could bail it out with one of his failed SPACs.

I’ll never forgive him for PSTH.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Too bad this failure didn't happen when the Pandemic Emergency fund still had a few billion $$$ remaining.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The collapse of SVB is due, in large part to a run on the bank's funds by its depositors. SVB had backed much of its assets in the form of US Treasury notes and bonds; very secure and fiduciarily responsible, but locked in at low interest rates and long terms.

When the Fed Reserve began raising interest rates as high and as fast as they could to slow the rate of inflation, SVB depositors, most of whom were from the tech fields (largely startups and their venture capitalists), rushed to withdraw their deposits to cover the shortfalls induced by the economy.

That left SVB with insufficient ready funds to cover demand, and devalued assets (due to their treasuries and bonds being locked at interest rates below the current, inflated market), un attractive to investors who could infuse the bank with needed (short-term) funding.

If you think about it, in a certain way, it's almost as if the Federal Reserve "targeted" the second largest US Bank, and primary bank resource to the technology industry, for destruction.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

The social programs will be like the covid jab, given to the private sector to start enforcing first, because if the government does it will be unconstitutional, our constitution does not support such program.

The private sector better be very careful about it, because people do not like to have their money manipulated in the US.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

As much as this stinks to high heaven, SIVB depositors MUST be bailed out, or this WILL turn into a contagion of bank runs.

I have a sense that more shyte will be discovered over the weekend at other banks.

But Alzheimer Joe and his merry band of twenty-something woke White House assholes won't do a thing and this will be worse, MUCH worse than 2009.

SIVB alone had around $189 BILLIONs in deposits....

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Not only that but anyone paying attention to the news did, or is going to withdraw cash from their banks and credit unions tomorrow.

I've already paid my CC bill this evening in case this starts to domino. Even the online transactions at SVB have been halted.

I've read stories this was either the 16th or 18th biggest bank in the country. Things might get spicy in the next few days. If you watch the markets, the volitivity index's today exploded. They calmed down at the end of the day but something is up. This is bigger than anyone wants to admit.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Too bad this failure didn't happen when the Pandemic Emergency fund still had a few billion $$$ remaining.

Looting, not unlike bank robberies as they say, timing is everything.

Monday will be interesting.

Considering that most of SV is part of the Fifth Column, this is
interesting, there is a lot more that we are not being told here.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

This SIVB failure, if unchecked, could cause a calamitous destructive cascade in the US and the West far worse than anything Putin could do, short of nuclear weapons.

F*ck Ukraine.
Enough money and lives have been wasted already.

Use the money instead to FIX this URGENT problem at home.
edit on 10-3-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

This SIVB failure, if unchecked, could cause a calamitous destructive cascade in the US and the West far worse than anything Putin could do, short of nuclear weapons.

F*ck Ukraine.
Enough money and lives have been wasted already.

Use the money instead to FIX this URGENT problem at home.

I wish they would fix the problems here at home. But I don't think it's part of their agenda.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well within 2 months we'll see the street talk of May by mim.
Those of us living overseas will most likely get the truth of the economic and Bank situation before the American public will.
My only concern is that the government employees can still keep their job and the computer systems that pay out social security disability SSI government pensions military pay doesn't collapse.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If this "bank run" spreads, Americans and America are financially doomed.

FDIC assets cover only 1.26% of deposits. About the size of Silicon Valley Bank. One bank… Let that sink in!

See this graphic: truthsocial.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   

but poor Scamlensky needs his tankies and rockets to keep mean ol poot poots from the door!

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Well within 2 months we'll see the street talk of May by mim.
Those of us living overseas will most likely get the truth of the economic and Bank situation before the American public will.
My only concern is that the government employees can still keep their job and the computer systems that pay out social security disability SSI government pensions military pay doesn't collapse.

yeah i reall hope it doesn't # everything down the line becaus i get paid dollars abroad

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   

We will find out alright, but with the bias media waiting for the democrat white house to give instructions they are just not going to release any information, until is too late.

This is the state of affairs in our nation, when we taxpayer and voters do not have a leadership with honesty, we will be just told to bend over and come out with tax money to bail out and not to run to the bank and pull our hard earned money.
edit on 10-3-2023 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

but poor Scamlensky needs his tankies and rockets to keep mean ol poot poots from the door!

And 10% for "the big guy"...

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Thanks for the explanation, Mantiss.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join