It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd Bush Sr. said

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Today while watching the show conpiracy theories about 911 (showing again on FSTV 9:30 pm again tonight in case you want to watch) I saw where Bush Sr. was in a meeting with the Carlyle Group in Washington D.C. the morning of 911 but now if memory serves me correct clearly recall him saying in an interview he talked to his son the President that day and his son asked where he was and he told him some state and his son said what are you doing there and he said well you grounded my plane. Now I know there is some reasonable explanation for this but can't find one at the moment. It would seem if Bush Sr. was in Washington that day he would have had better sense than to get on a plane immediately after the terrorist attacks. Anyone have any info on where bush Sr. was on that day? As I understand he was in a meeting with some of the Bin Ladens and Saudi Royalty at a hotel in D.C.. then where did he go? Oh and in the interview I saw Babs was with him.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Does no one else find this odd?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Consider how things have worked out I find the whole (decades long) linkage between the Bush family and the bin Ladens (as well as the rest of their ME links) more than a little "odd".

I suspect I am far from alone in this too.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

As I understand he was in a meeting with some of the Bin Ladens and Saudi Royalty at a hotel in D.C.. then where did he go?

Kind of effed up if Bush Sr. was in a meeting with some of the Bin Ladens the same morning of the 9/11 attack. I know they have financial ties, but meeting the same day as the attack? Do you have proof of this??

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
this is defeintly true...there was a carlyle group meeting on 9/11...bush left early though i think....he was there though

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy

As I understand he was in a meeting with some of the Bin Ladens and Saudi Royalty at a hotel in D.C.. then where did he go?

Kind of effed up if Bush Sr. was in a meeting with some of the Bin Ladens the same morning of the 9/11 attack. I know they have financial ties, but meeting the same day as the attack? Do you have proof of this??

Not only was Bush Sr. in a meeting with the Bin Ladens on 911, our current President Bush got his first business started with money from them.
Also another website to chec k out is www.oilempire.us...

www.bushnews.com...
"In 1979, Bush’s first business, Arbusto Energy, obtained financing from James Bath, a Houstonian and close family friend. One of many investors, Bath gave Bush $50,000 for a 5 percent stake in Arbusto. At the time, Bath was the sole U.S. business representative for Salem bin Laden, head of the wealthy Saudi Arabian family and a brother (one of 17) to Osama bin Laden. It has long been suspected, but never proven, that the Arbusto money came directly from Salem bin Laden. In a statement issued shortly after the September 11 attacks, the White House vehemently denied the connection, insisting that Bath invested his own money, not Salem bin Laden’s, in Arbusto.

"In conflicting statements, Bush at first denied ever knowing Bath, then acknowledged his stake in Arbusto and that he was aware Bath represented Saudi interests. In fact, Bath has extensive ties, both to the bin Laden family and major players in the scandal-ridden Bank of Commerce and Credit International (BCCI) who have gone on to fund Osama bin Laden. BCCI defrauded depositors of $10 billion in the ’80s in what has been called the “largest bank fraud in world financial history” by former Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau. During the ’80s, BCCI also acted as a main conduit for laundering money intended for clandestine CIA activities, ranging from financial support to the Afghan mujahedin to paying intermediaries in the Iran-Contra affair

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy

Kind of effed up if Bush Sr. was in a meeting with some of the Bin Ladens the same morning of the 9/11 attack. I know they have financial ties, but meeting the same day as the attack? Do yohave proof of this??

It is a well known fact that the Carlyle Group, including, among others, Bush 41 and Shafig bin Laden, was meeting in Washington on 9/11. A simple google search will confirm this for you.

One more of those pesky "coincidences."

What if we start a thread just noting coincidences surrounding BushCo. and 9/11, after which we could dissect them to confirm them??

[edit on 8/4/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
LOL...He knew there was no danger of anything at all anywhere else...Just like the son at the school reading stories and no concern of security.

Smile and the world smiles with ya.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
yeah, thats pretty fishy. when he says you grounded my plane does that mean a private jet or commercial? i would think private.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why on Earth if this was a conspiracy by Bush and Co. would they allow his father to meet with the bin Laden's on the very morning of the attack?

To me it's the same thing as Bush's brother meeting with Hinkley's brother on the day of the attempted Reagan assassination.

It just seems way too stupid to be true. If they were able to pull off such a grand conspiracy, one that would literally have to include hundreds if not thousands of people (government, military, civilian, etc), how could they be stupid enough to have a meeting between Bush and a bin Laden on the morning of 9/11???

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
More like it would have been fishier if he had ducked that meeting on that day. Personally, if I was trying to cover something up, and certain mistakes or leaks came about, I would just release the questionable truth with some easy to debunk lies. Then it just turns into another crackpot conspiracy topic.
I believe poloticians who have vesting cooperate interests should never be allowed to hold a public office period. Its a major conflict of interests against the American people IMHO.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Why on Earth if this was a conspiracy by Bush and Co. would they allow his father to meet with the bin Laden's on the very morning of the attack?

Imagine it this way:
Bush Sr. (or other Top American Official) gives John Doe at the CIA the green light on Project Attack America to Push Through Certain Agendas.

John Doe at the CIA then goes off and gives money and offers of limitied assistance to Rich Comfortable Muslim Businessman (for the good of the USA).

Rich Comfortable Muslim Businessman finds the appropriate angry, downtrodden, muslim hardliners to carry out the plan.

Bush Sr. (or other Top American Official) has no idea when it will happen, only that it will.

In this scenario, Bush Jr. doesn't even know it is going to happen. He is being played like the American public. But, being the president, naturally he'll take the heat from the crowd who is sure to smell something rotten, thus, their attention will focused on the wrong person/people and the actual guilty reap the benefits and escape justice.

To me, the idea that the entire Bush Administration was behind the attacks is ridiculous.

The idea that someone/some few in the Adminstration or Intelligence allowed or actually ordered the attacks to further agendas is quite reasonable.

That this person/persons felt they were acting in the best interests of the United States is also entirely possible.

Watch the Usual Suspects. People working for Kaizer Soze don't even know they're working for Kaizer Soze. The mastermind is right there all along, but he just makes people focus on the more visible/likely suspects...

edit: html tag

[edit on 8-4-2005 by quango]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Perhap's I'm short on words - but, when it comes to the Bushs' expect worry and more worry. Really..

Dallas

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
lol, some of the hijackers are still alive, not even kaiser soze can pull that off.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
there are so many holes in the official 911 story I don't know how it is still holding up and why so many people still believe it.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
One thing's a fact, this government has taken extraordinary measures to conceal 9/11 evidence from the American public - who ironically also happened to account for the majority of victims that day - paying with their lives for not having access to previous intel that was classified.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You are right that is one of the driving forces to conceal info is that the Bush administration did not give out vital info like how they had info that the hi-jackings were going to take place and that they the planes were going to be used as bombs themselves. This was basically in the memo handed to Bush, yet Condoleeza Rice said during her testimony who would ever think of such a thing happening, it was in a memo months before and she could not think of such a thing happening. they did not warn airlines to beef up security or alert them of such a thing happening.

top topics

join